inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bionic Woman or Wonder Woman?

Written By: popmusik on 05/15/05 at 11:26 am

I picked Wonder Woman!  I've been buying the DVD's that have just come out!

Subject: Re: Bionic Woman or Wonder Woman?

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/15/05 at 11:38 am

Wonder Woman

Written By: Tanya1976 on 05/15/05 at 12:46 pm

Wonder Woman. I even had her on my underroos!

Tanya

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 05/15/05 at 12:52 pm

Bionic Woman  :D

Written By: AL-B on 05/15/05 at 1:00 pm

Wonder Woman, definitely. I have fond childhood memories of Lynda Carter's bodacious ta-tas swaying to-and-fro as she wpuld run off to fight the latest evil-doer.

(Interesting sidenote: I read somewhere that the creator of Wonder Woman was into bondage, and it was a recurring theme in the WOnder Woman comics...)

Written By: KP Nut on 05/15/05 at 4:52 pm

I have Wonder Woman Season 1 and 2.I would like another Season 1,because Something is Wrong with The Feminine Mystique Episode It Skipped The Queen Mother and Drusilla Scene and had Wonder Girl look for General Blankenship,I don't know if it's just mine or all of the DVD's are like that. :-\\ I also want Wonder Woman Season 3,when it comes out in June. 

Written By: KP Nut on 05/15/05 at 4:55 pm

:D I forgot I had Wonder Woman Underroos and Wonder Woman Bathing Suit. I read that in the Wonder Woman Season 1 ,Charles Molton was the same person who invented the Polygragh machine. The Lying machine. Wonder Woman has the lasso of truth,so Charles was interested in truth. 8)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/16/05 at 3:15 pm

The Bionic Wonder Woman :D

Written By: schmartypantz on 05/19/05 at 10:11 am

Wonder Woman
Lynda Carter was very hot. :)

Written By: karen on 05/20/05 at 8:19 am

I preferred the Bionic Woman.  Favourite game was to play at being Bionic Woman with my mate Darren as the Bionic Man.

A friend was a real Wonder Woman fan.  She had the costume and everything

Written By: Im Batman on 05/27/05 at 12:27 am

Gotta go with the Bionic Woman because she is a fellow University of Oregon Duck.

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/27/05 at 11:01 am

Wonder Woman--Skimpier costume. ;D

Written By: ktelqueen on 05/28/05 at 1:02 pm

Bionic Woman  :)

Written By: gemini61 on 05/28/05 at 6:23 pm

Wonder Woman!  :) 

Written By: Raven on 06/11/05 at 8:31 am

Oh man......... definitely BIONIC WOMAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lindsay Wagner was super hot !!!
:D  8)

Written By: TC1970 on 06/15/05 at 5:42 pm

Wonder Woman

Written By: Southern Image on 09/27/05 at 11:47 am

Wonder Woman

Written By: whistledog on 09/27/05 at 11:48 am

Wonder Woman

I'll second that :)

Written By: NullandVoid on 09/28/05 at 12:39 am

Wonderwoman
No Competion I think

Written By: GREEN67 on 09/28/05 at 6:20 pm

;D I loved the Bionic Woman...I had the doll...Remember you could roll up the skin to show the "BIONIC" parts..lol..I even had the Bionic man doll..I used to try to rip a phonebook in half..lol

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/07/05 at 12:16 pm

Lynda Carter was interviewed on the radio the other day and I missed it.

Written By: drewbru on 10/07/05 at 1:02 pm

;D I loved the Bionic Woman...I had the doll...Remember you could roll up the skin to show the "BIONIC" parts..lol..I even had the Bionic man doll..I used to try to rip a phonebook in half..lol

Another vote for "The Bionic Woman".  She always seemed more "human" to me than Wonder Woman (i.e., the writers allowed her to deal with the problems associated with being bionic, while Wonder Woman always seemed a bit cartoonish).  My favorite episode was the one where she has to fight the "HAL 9000" type of computer, which opposed her with halon gas, water, electric shocks, minefields, machine guns, and various other traps. 

I also had that Steve Austin action figure (as a side note, never tell a guy that he used to play with dolls -- they should ALWAYS be described as "action figures"!).  I remember that you could roll up the skin on his arm to reveal the electronics underneath.  You could also look through a lens in the back of his head to "see" through his bionic eye. 

So did you ever succeed in ripping that phonebook in half?  :P

Written By: Keet on 10/12/05 at 12:30 am

Wonder Woman of course.  Although, I Did have a little crush on Isis

Written By: Barefoot_Blues on 10/12/05 at 9:18 am

Wonder Woman

Written By: whiteport on 10/12/05 at 1:51 pm

Oh man......... definitely BIONIC WOMAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lindsay Wagner was super hot !!!
:D  8)

My thoughts exactly.

Written By: STAR70 on 10/13/05 at 6:41 pm

Wonder Woman

True, but I voted for Bionic Woman because she had The Bionic Dog Max as a sidekick, whereas Wonder Woman's sidekick was some boring Air Force officer (yawn)

Written By: ValleyGirl on 10/23/05 at 9:01 am

I love them both. I am a huge superhero fan . My all time favorite woman superhero is : ISIS from the Saturday morning TV show...The Secrets of Isis. I am actually real life friends with Joanna Cameron...who played her...here's a photo of us together:

Written By: ValleyGirl on 10/23/05 at 9:04 am

Here's a picture of Isis from the 70's:

Written By: ValleyGirl on 10/23/05 at 9:06 am

I love this subject.

I have all 3 Seasons of Wonder Woman on DVD. I have a friend who has meet Lynda Carter several times.

I have alot of the Bionic Woman epsiodes on VHS and DVD- she was more my favorite.  I loved the episodes with her and the Bionic Dog.  My gameroom in my home is filled with all my 70's and 80's memorbilia, and I have the Bionic Woman and the Six Million Dollar Man board games:

Written By: Tia on 10/23/05 at 8:38 pm

yeah, i gotta go with bionic woman. i was into wonder woman too back in the day but there was something about how they made that funny noise in 6milman and bionic woman and then they suddenly got amazingly strong. i'd be running around in my little 70s turtleneck playing in the woods and if i had to do something REALLY REALLY hard i'd always make the little "choochoochoochoo" noise. and then usually fail to do the really difficult thing, whatever it was.

however, i DO like the wonder woman episode "phantom of the roller coaster." that's a fun one.

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 10/24/05 at 3:56 am

A friend was a real Wonder Woman fan.  She had the costume and everything

Oooh, where can one meet this friend ?  :P ;D

Written By: Tia on 10/24/05 at 5:50 am

Here's a picture of Isis from the 70's:

yeah! now we're cooking with gas. i loved me some isis.

Written By: ValleyGirl on 10/24/05 at 4:54 pm

Here's another picture of me and Joanna...actually she and I are super close friends now...she just called me a couple weeks ago.
I loved the show as a kid, and can not even believe that I know her personally now, and that she calls me her best friend...it is totally awesome.  I always loved the superhero shows....a friend of mine...I mentioned him on another thread...he's a celebrity photographer, and Lynda Carter actually doesn't live far from him in real life. He has meet her probably 4 or 5 times in person. She was just at a premiere of an independant movie that my friend was at...it was a documentary of the woman that played her stunt double in Wonder Woman...she did a movie about being a Hollywood stunt double.  I was bummed that Lynda Carter took a role in the new Dukes of Hazzard movie...cause that was a total trash movie...made from a great TV Show. Ben Jones...who played Cooter, actually sent me an email...because he was boycotting the movie, and I wrote him telling him how great I thought it was that he did that...cause I hate when they take a great show and turn it in to a crappy movie.

They are in the works to make a Wonder Woman movie...one of the people up for the role...is Katie Holmes...who I think looks like she about 12 years old, so she would not make a good Wonder Woman.

They have the movie version of the Six Million Dollar Man to star Jim Carrey coming up too.

I hate that...because there aren't any good action movies now...so if they insist on making a movie out of a show...make it good...make it action...like The Six Million Dollar man could be a major action movie like The Terminator...but they goof it up ...just like Starsky and Hutch...I refuse to watch that movie...cause I hate Ben Stiller....but the original TV series was awesome. I am trying to get Season 3 on DVD and it's hard to find....but they could have made a great action movie again...and flubbed it up.

Anyway...I loved all the old 70's shows...and am just so grateful that I have met some people that were in them...

Written By: ValleyGirl on 10/24/05 at 4:59 pm

Here's some others ones of Isis:

Written By: ValleyGirl on 10/24/05 at 5:08 pm

Here's other photos

We want for The Secrets of Isis to be released on DVD...If you wanna see it happen too...go to:

www.tvshowsondvd.com and vote for it.

On the 2nd Season of Wonder Woman, they put bonus footage of Shazzam! on the DVD .....Shazzam! and Isis were paired together...they did cross over episodes with each other.  There is a company called : Entertainment Rights ...they bought the whole Filmation library. You can do a search for Joanna Cameron...and find her unofficial website address...it has the email of the head of the company on it...to write to ...the lady's name is Gillian Thomas. Hopefully they will release Isis on DVD....but like so many other awesome shows...it is sitting on a shelf right now...until they realize there are people that would love to see it.

I loved those shows, because they had a moral in each episode....they were great for kids as role models, and kids desperately need that today...cause they get no positive influences from TV today.

Written By: Nicky Bain on 07/04/07 at 12:42 pm

Bionic Woman

Written By: coqueta83 on 07/05/07 at 11:29 pm

Bionic Woman-I wanted to be Lindsey Wagner so badly.....

Written By: gumbypiz on 07/08/07 at 2:48 am

Neither, I vote for Electra Woman (I'm too old to try for Dyna Girl). :D

Written By: snozberries on 07/15/07 at 10:57 am

I choose Bionic Woman... so happy that their remaking Bionic Woman... only because there is a better possibilty for the original to be released on DVD now!

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 07/20/07 at 8:18 am

Bionic Woman

But I have real idea why  :P

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/20/07 at 3:54 pm

I named my daughter after the actress who played the Bionic Woman... :)

Written By: snozberries on 07/20/07 at 4:38 pm

Bionic Woman

But I have real idea why  :P

It's the running it has got to be the running...who didn't enjoy imitating the Bionic run?

Written By: NbC on 07/23/07 at 7:56 am

I named my daughter after the actress who played the Bionic Woman... :)

Really?  I didn't know that.  :)

My pick Bionic Woman - Loved that show.  Can't forget the Six Million Dollar Man.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/23/07 at 4:27 pm

Really?  I didn't know that.   :)

Yes...although I changed one letter in the spelling to make it a little more 'uncommon'!  :)

Written By: snozberries on 07/25/07 at 1:09 pm

I moved to Santa Barbara in 1996. First time I drove south to LA I passed a sign that said Ojai and I Ojai? THAT'S WHERE JAMIE SOMMERS LIVED... yeah I am that much of a dork!

Written By: ralfy on 06/24/16 at 6:59 am

"DC Unveils New 75th Anniversary WONDER WOMAN Logo; Movie Will Have A Presence At SDCC"

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/wonder_woman/dc-unveils-new-75th-anniversary-wonder-woman-logo-movie-will-have-a-a142612

Check for new replies or respond here...