inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Does anyone remember the movie Love Story?

Written By: eightieschick53 on 05/24/05 at 9:37 pm

This is one of my favorite romantic movies. It's all about a rich guy named Oliver Barret the 4th, played by Ryan O'Neal who falls in love with a girl, Jennifer Cavelari (sp?) who is from "the wrong side of the tracks" and is played by Alli MacGraw. They get married and eveything seems to be going along fine until shock of all shocks, Jennifer finds out she has leukemia. Since this movie did come out in 1970 and treatment for cancer wasn't as good then and her cancer was pretty advanced, the doctors could not help her much. I know everyone on this board may not have seen the movie, I will not spoil the end. I will just say it is one of the few Hollywood movies that does not have a happy ending.

It also contains one of the most overly used quotes in movie history: "Love means never having to say you're sorry."

Subject: Re: Does anyone remember the movie Love Story?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/25/05 at 10:50 am

I remember it. The book was a best seller at the time. I read it and the sequel Oliver's Story.  I think they turned that one into a movie too. But, it has been a long time since I have seen the movie.

Cat

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 06/01/05 at 2:47 am

I remember it. The book was a best seller at the time. I read it and the sequel Oliver's Story.  I think they turned that one into a movie too. But, it has been a long time since I have seen the movie.
Cat

Yep the sequel starred Ryan with Candice Bergen.

Both the books and films were childhood and teen faves of mine - I love a good sob story.

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 06/04/05 at 8:04 am

I certainly remember it but for some reason as a teenage boy, I gave it a miss.  Gee!  Wonder why?  :P ::) ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/04/05 at 2:33 pm

Love Story was a great movie...I also liked Oliver's Story. They both made me cry :\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...