inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: can neone help me?

Written By: megs on 05/31/05 at 7:41 pm

i need a song from the sixties and one from the seventies that has a social message. i have no idea what to do it on, and i need this done by Wed.
thanx

Subject: Re: can neone help me?

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 06/01/05 at 12:52 am

How about 'Mercy mercy Me' by Marvin Gaye from the 60's. And 'Cocaine' by Eric Clapton from the 70's.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 06/01/05 at 6:07 am

How about 'Mercy mercy Me' by Marvin Gaye from the 60's. And 'Cocaine' by Eric Clapton from the 70's.

Sorry to dispute your suggestion, but 'Mercy Mercy Me' is from the early 70's (1971).  There are lots of songs with a message from both the 60's and 70's though. 

How about the Supremes' 'Love Child' from 1968?

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 06/01/05 at 6:38 am

I had a feeling that it was from early 70's, but wasnt sure. Another great Marvin Gaye song would be 'Whats Goin on'. Or how about the Creedence song  'Run through the Jungle'?

Written By: schmartypantz on 06/01/05 at 10:45 am

darn near anything from Dylan in the 60's. how about Masters of War, or ,the Times, they are a changin?

Written By: AmericanGirl on 06/01/05 at 12:22 pm

Here's another from the 60's - Abraham, Martin and John (I think it was maybe Dion?  The Miracles covered it too)

Written By: megs on 06/01/05 at 5:01 pm

thank u guys soooo much that will really help me out

Written By: holicman on 06/02/05 at 6:59 am

what about "WAR" by Edwin Starr ???
That was from 1970 i believe

Written By: Paul on 06/02/05 at 7:16 am

Here's another from the 60's - Abraham, Martin and John (I think it was maybe Dion?  The Miracles covered it too)

There was also a very clever and thought-provoking version by Tom Clay...

Written By: iluvthe80s on 06/02/05 at 7:37 am

'American Pie' by Don McLean might be another good one - that song's a whole history lesson it itself about the music and culture during the 50's and 60's up to the early 70's  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...