inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Remember Canned Hot Chocolate?

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 06/12/05 at 3:59 pm

When I was a little kid in the late 70's/early 80's, my parents would take me to the Drive-In. When we went to the 'snack bar', there would be these little cans of hot chocolate. They were so hot, my mom would put the cans on top of the car so they could cool off. This chocolate was so delicious! I've never had hot chocolate that tasted like this. Does anyone remember the name of this chocolate? Is it still sold anywhere? Anyone have a pic/advertisement of this product?

Subject: Re: Remember Canned Hot Chocolate?

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 06/17/05 at 8:02 pm

I cant believe that no one else remembers this product. I live in CA, maybe it was a local thing.

Written By: DJDiG on 06/21/05 at 2:03 pm

I don't remember having that in MA.

My big memory of chocolate was watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with my family.

Did you hear there is a new version of it coming out in July?

I can't wait to see it!

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko2 on 09/15/06 at 7:45 am

Been awhile since I started this topic. Do any of the newer members here remember this product?

Written By: Wiffle on 09/21/06 at 11:21 pm

I do not recall this product. How did it get hot?

We are going to the drive in on Saturday. We always get cherry sours at the drive in. That and chili cheese fries!

Written By: GREEN67 on 09/22/06 at 10:51 pm

8) The powder??  If thats what you mean, then yes....Kinda like the packets now...I always used like half a can..it was more of a liqued fudge than a drink...lol..

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 12/16/06 at 9:35 am

I do not recall this product. How did it get hot?

We are going to the drive in on Saturday. We always get cherry sours at the drive in. That and chili cheese fries!
It was in a small can. Similar to a can like the Hershey's syrup came in. They had them in some kind of appliance that kept the cans hot. I'm shocked that no one remembers this. It must have been made by some local company that sold them to the company that used to run my local drive in.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/17/06 at 7:21 pm

I've heard of canned hot chocolate, but I don't personally remember it.  Sounds kinda nasty.

Check for new replies or respond here...