inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Sergio Mendes' singers?

Written By: Gemma C. on 06/15/05 at 9:45 pm

Hello, i'm a jazz singer singing in one of the hotels here in China..I love 70's music especially those by Sergio Mendes, and i added BRIDGES, THE TROUBLE WITH HELLO, WAITING FOR LOVE, AND MAIS QUE NADA to my repertoire, i really love the way Sergio Mendes' female singers rendition to those songs..my question is who among SM's female singers sang those songs that i mentioned above? especially Bridges and The Trouble With Hello is G"bye...

thanks very much and more power to u all :) :) :)

Subject: Re: Sergio Mendes' singers?

Written By: Gemma C. on 06/15/05 at 10:42 pm

Hello, i'm a jazz singer singing in one of the hotels here in China..I love 70's music especially those by Sergio Mendes, and i added BRIDGES, THE TROUBLE WITH HELLO, WAITING FOR LOVE, AND MAIS QUE NADA to my repertoire, i really love the way Sergio Mendes' female singers rendition to those songs..my question is who among SM's female singers sang those songs that i mentioned above? especially Bridges and The Trouble With Hello is G"bye...

:) :) :) YEP I DID SOME RESEARCH...NAMES SUCH AS:  LANI HALL, JANIS HANSEN, KAREN PHILIPPS, AND GRACINHA LEOPORACE POP UP ON THE LIST...BUT I REALLY WANT TO KNOW WHO SANG "BRIDGES" AND "THE TROUBLE WITH HELLO"...ANYBODY OUT THERE KNOWS WHO SHE IS?  :) :) :)

Written By: benny on 07/05/05 at 2:08 pm

hi gemma, im a guitarist of the band playing in china too! i guess the singer of that song is kevin lettau,im not sure but thats my wildest guess....anyway more power!!!

Written By: The Mistress Leola on 07/05/05 at 3:40 pm

I think Kevyn Lettau used to sing for him -- no idea if she did the tunes you're referring to... do you know what albums they're on?

Written By: Mistress Leola on 07/05/05 at 3:43 pm

I have 'Mais Que Nada' on a couple of SM CDs at home, so I'll check, but I doubt that the individual singers are credited.

I've never heard of the other tracks, though...

Written By: Cherry Muriel on 08/09/05 at 5:11 am

I hope somebody can email me the lyrics of "Bridges" by Sergio Mendes, I just really love the song  :)

Thanks,

Cherry

Written By: leila on 03/31/08 at 9:32 am

hello, i like the song bridges as well and yes the singer of this song is kevyn lettau. its very easy to find the lyrics, just type in google bridges by sergio mendez lyrics and they will give it to you. good luck

Written By: whistledog on 03/31/08 at 3:50 pm

In the 80s, the male voice on Sergio's songs was Joe Pizzulo.  He sang on Sergio's popular early 80s hits 'Never Gonna Let You Go', 'Alibis', and the 1984 Los Angeles Summer Olympics song 'Olympia'

Written By: melbert on 04/27/10 at 3:13 am

I really love that song and it came also to my mind who sings that song. Yeah it  Flora Purim

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/29/10 at 7:37 pm

Let's all hope that next year we'll be hearing from Sergio Mendes and Brasil '11.  ;)

Written By: Francis T. on 08/07/11 at 1:59 pm

The woman who sung the famous Sergio Mendes Bridges (Travessia) song is Carol Rogers.  She sung it with Sergio Mendes with the Brazil 1988 line-up group.

Check for new replies or respond here...