inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Group Therapy : The Board Game

Written By: AstringOfPoloponie on 07/16/05 at 7:03 pm

Did anyone else play the board game Gropu Therapy in the 70s ? It was a fun game . I recently recalled it for the first time in decades while watching an All In The Family episode in which they were playing it.

Subject: Re: Group Therapy : The Board Game

Written By: dennis on 04/23/07 at 5:44 pm

Did anyone else play the board game Gropu Therapy in the 70s ? It was a fun game . I recently recalled it for the first time in decades while watching an All In The Family episode in which they were playing it.

The game seems to have been popular with community theater groups, as I've read about other theatrical groups that played the Group Therapy board game as a "warmup." I was in a community theater group on Kwajalein, in the Marshall Islands, in the early 70s when about 5,000 employees and family members of American companies were on the island to test an early anti-ballistic missile system. A few members of the theater group got into the habit of playing Group Therapy every night. But you reveal so much intimate information about yourself in this game that we soon established a rule that husbands and wives could not play together on the same night. It was a very heavy, serious "game."

Written By: Arnell Dowret on 01/02/09 at 1:03 am

Does anyone know where I might find one to purchase?

Written By: bttrcp1016 on 11/05/09 at 7:37 pm

I love the game Group Therapy.  I played it in college in the 70s and then again throughout the 80s with friends as well as in my class.  The students I taught also loved it in fact one just called me to ask me the name of this game.  I still have it.  This student is now looking for it to play with her adult friends.  This is not really a game... its serious...  it could really take days to play it correctly.
I would love to purchase another one as a gift.

Check for new replies or respond here...