inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Good Times a Dy-no-Mite Show from the 70's

Written By: iluvthe80s on 07/25/05 at 7:22 am

Did anyone else get a chance to catch the Good Times marathon on TV Land this weekend?  I don't remember watching it as much when I was a little kid, but I saw quite a bit of it this weekend, including the series finale from 1979 just a couple hours ago - I'm glad they got the chance to do a farewell episode at least, unlike The Jeffersons.

Subject: Re: Good Times a Dy-no-Mite Show from the 70's

Written By: robby76 on 07/25/05 at 10:58 am

I LOVE Good Times... I even had it as my Avatar for a very short while. I used to watch it as a kid and have bought seasons 2 and 3 on dvd. JJ is a riot!

Written By: zcrito on 07/26/05 at 8:12 pm

Jimmie Walker and John Amos were the best thing on that show, and it's when things center around them that it's at its best.

Does anyone else remember some of Jimmie Walker's early standup comedy stuff? Songs with bad lyrics - Paul McCartney's  "Let 'Em In" ("Someone`s knocking at the door. Somebody`s ringing the bell. Do me a favor, open the door
and let 'em in."), from his routine comes to mind.  ;D

Written By: schmartypantz on 07/26/05 at 8:49 pm

Good Times was a great show, but suffered greatly when John Amos left. :)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/26/05 at 11:01 pm

I absolutely loved watching Good Times when I was a kid!!  8)

Does anyone else remember some of Jimmie Walker's early standup comedy stuff? Songs with bad lyrics - Paul McCartney's  "Let 'Em In" ("Someone`s knocking at the door. Somebody`s ringing the bell. Do me a favor, open the door
and let 'em in."), from his routine comes to mind.  ;D

I saw Jimmy Walker at a comedy club years ago...even had him sign a T-shirt for me!  :D

Written By: iluvthe80s on 07/27/05 at 7:23 am

I think Janet Jackson was a good addition to the show later on as Penny - even then you can tell she had star potential.  Johnny Brown was hilarious also, as Bookman the building manager.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/27/05 at 12:10 pm

Yes, I caught the marathon. I love the show - although I must admit something was lacking when John Amos left and Jimmie Walker gained more time.

Tanya

Written By: Howard on 12/23/17 at 7:14 am

I always thought J.J. added more personality to the show Good Times.

Check for new replies or respond here...