inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 70's Godspell costumes

Written By: swkristin on 07/25/05 at 9:33 pm

Hey guys, I'm in a musical called, "Godspell" and I have the role as Robin. My role is a tom boyish girl .. and I have no idea what to wear as a costume. The costume has to be really vibrant and it really has to catch the audiences eye. But I can't seem to find anything anywhere. Does anyone know of any type of style that might work for the show??

Subject: Re: 70's Godspell costumes

Written By: bj26 on 07/26/05 at 7:26 am

I have a vague memory of this play, seems like there were clown suits and a style along the line of

http://us.ent1.yimg.com/images.launch.yahoo.com/000/005/702/5702560.jpg Dexy's Midnight Runners.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/26/05 at 2:15 pm

How about blue jeans with a bright color tee shirt-like a really bright red or something, and a baseball cap. Whenever I have seen Godspell, they usually use the actors names. I usually identify the part by the songs that were song. So, which songs are you going to sing?

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/26/05 at 2:24 pm

Robin is a bit of a tomboy, but basically open and sweet. She is the first of the group to commit to following Jesus in the song “Day by Day”.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/26/05 at 2:28 pm

The characters are the original forenames of the actors in the first production and Robin is Robin Lamont.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/26/05 at 6:37 pm

Robin is a bit of a tomboy, but basically open and sweet. She is the first of the group to commit to following Jesus in the song “Day by Day”.

Thanks.

The characters are the original forenames of the actors in the first production and Robin is Robin Lamont.

Like I said, every preformance I have seen used the actors first names (except Jesus)

Cat

Written By: zcrito on 07/26/05 at 8:13 pm

Seen the movie, Philip ?

Written By: swkristin on 07/26/05 at 10:53 pm

Thanks guys. My solo song is "Day By Day"

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/27/05 at 2:24 am

Seen the movie, Philip ?

I saw it on stage in London in the late 70s, with Andrew Secombe (son of Harry Secombe).

Written By: Jaimo on 08/06/05 at 1:11 pm

Thanks guys. My solo song is "Day By Day"

Is this Robin? If it is, I think your the best! I first saw you on Broadway in the original run of Godspell. I was so happy when Godspell came out on DVD! How are you and can you tell me whet happen to the rest of the cast?

Thank you
Charlie

Written By: Cindyich on 08/08/05 at 10:27 am

My daughter's church choir did Godspell several years ago and the part of Robin was dressed like a hippie not so much as a tom boy.  The girl doing the part wore a long flowing dress and kept her hair long and had a wreath in her hair I believe.

Check for new replies or respond here...