inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What's Your Favorite James Bond Movie?

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 07/28/05 at 3:11 am

It's hard for me to say, but I like "Goldfinger" a lot. It has some great characters in it. And who could mistake the title song! And now seeing it after seeing the Austin Powers films, you can sort of get a laugh out of them, too.

Subject: Re: What's Your Favorite James Bond Movie?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/28/05 at 10:40 am

I would have to say Live and Let Die. That was the first Bond movie I had ever seen (saw it at the movies). But once you seen one Bond movie, you have seen them all.

Cat

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 07/28/05 at 5:52 pm

I am not totally sure about that as I have mainly seen the ones with either Sean Connery or Pierce Brosnan, and I seem to find more obvious reasons to like the Connery Bond over the Brosnan Bond - the 60's ones were really based on the Fleming novels as today's versions aren't.

Written By: Michael C. on 02/14/09 at 1:06 pm

Connery was the best embodiment of Bond. After doing a few...then leaving George Lazenby to take over in On Her Majesty's Secret Service Connery returned in 1971's Diamond Are Forever. {The first Bond Movies I saw in a Theatre was a Double Feature of Diamonds Are Forever and You Only Live Twice....Don't You miss Double Features ?}
Then.....the Roger Moore years were ushered in...........
There was a LOT of hype around Live and Let Die.
Paul McCartney had a TV Special in 1973 in which He introduced the Live and Let Die theme intercut with scenes from the Film {Hey..in the Pre MTV & Internet days.....} Wow !! Couldn't wait to see it.
I enjoyed it a lot ...You could see the influence Blaxploitation Films was having on the series....So,of course ...I was into it.
Moore's take was more of a tongue in cheek approach ...and it worked for Him....

Written By: Frank on 02/14/09 at 11:43 pm

"You only live Twice"  or "Goldfinger"

Sean Connery was the best bond.

Written By: gumbypiz on 02/15/09 at 4:27 am

I would have to say Live and Let Die. That was the first Bond movie I had ever seen (saw it at the movies). But once you seen one Bond movie, you have seen them all.

Cat

Yep, for the same reason, first James Bond film I can remember seeing as a child. Plus, as a aficionado of blaxploitation films and kitsch/camp, it was the first/only James Bond film to play into the "blaxploitation" theme that was going on in the early 70's.
Very campy, but cool too. Live and Let Die had an awesome Wings soundtrack cover tune, Yaphet Kotto as Dr. Kananga and Mr. Big, & Julius W. Harris (who played "Scatter" in the iconic Superfly movie) as Tee Hee Johnson.

In addition to that, the first, and funniest boat chase scenes ever. Damn "black communists". :D

Written By: Capt Quirk on 02/15/09 at 5:59 am

The Spy Who Shagged Me... oh, wait. Never mind. I was never really into Bond, but I thought Moore was the best of them.

Written By: danootaandme on 02/15/09 at 6:20 am

I stopped watching Bond when Sean Connery stopped being Bond.  To me there could never be another.  Goldfinger gets my vote

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/02/16 at 11:53 pm

"Goldfinger" and "Diamonds Are Forever".

For me, Roger Moore was a failure.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/03/16 at 11:25 am

Goldeneye.

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 10/03/16 at 12:21 pm

I've seen around 6 Bond films (Goldeneye, Live and Let Die, Skyfall, Spectre, the last 30 mins of Die Another Day, and the beginning of You Only Live Twice, and there might be another that I don't know the name of), my favorite is probably Live and Let Die or Skyfall (sorry :\'(, newer doesn't always mean worse).

I've only seen four of those fully though, maybe I need to go watch some more Bond films. The first one I saw was Goldeneye if that matters.

Subject: What's Your Favorite James Bond Movie?

Written By: Dude111 on 07/08/17 at 3:35 pm

"You only live Twice"  or "Goldfinger"

Sean Connery was the best bond.

Yes I also say YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE (1967) is my favourite one! (I have the first release on VHS (CBS/FOX - 1983))

Written By: Indy Gent on 07/08/17 at 3:38 pm

"Goldfinger" and "Diamonds Are Forever".

For me, Roger Moore was a failure.

Pierce Brosnan was also a failure. I picked Goldfinger myself.

Written By: 80sfan on 07/08/17 at 4:26 pm

I don't mind Pierce Brosnan. I thought that the worst Bond was Timothy Dalton.

Check for new replies or respond here...