inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Swinger Tips Press On Nail Color

Written By: sophiesmom on 07/31/05 at 10:51 pm

This is a response to a post on this subject by AstringOfPoloponies dated 4/12/03.  As a first time poster, I cannot find her original post to which I can make a proper reply.  If anyone knows this person or can forward my reply to her, I would be most appreciative.

AstringOfPoloponies writes:Any female 70s kid remember Swinger Tips ?press on nail color ? I have been asking this question for almost two years with no results. I am trying to find out the name of the company that manufactured the product (Revlon, Maybelline, Max Factor ???)

They came in a packet and they were fingernail shaped adhesive in a color of your choice. You pressed them over your nail and filed to shape. They were the best thing ever because they NEVER smudged or chipped. Trust me, I will ?understand if there are no replies because absolutely no one on any message board remembers these.

Here is the info she requested.  If anyone knows where these items can be obtained, I would be forever indebted!

Swinter Tips were distributed by Hydron Products Corp, New York, 10019.  They were sold by Park Packaging in New Jersey.  Product was made in Engand.  They were the best invention ever.  Later knock offs did not work.
Surely would like to locate the product and to let AstringOfPoloponies know that she has finally found someone who remembers - very well I might add.  Thanks.

Subject: Re: Swinger Tips Press On Nail Color

Written By: Astringofpoloponies on 12/29/08 at 4:44 am

Four years later and I found this ! Thank you so much.  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...