inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Three's Company Landlords - The Ropers or Mr Furley?

Written By: iluvthe80s on 08/05/05 at 7:29 am

Which landlords on Three's Company did you like best? I kind of prefer the episodes with the Ropers myself, with Helen's remarks about their lack of a sex life, those were so hilarious - Ralph Furley was good too, though.  ;D

Subject: Re: Three's Company Landlords - The Ropers or Mr Furley?

Written By: robby76 on 08/05/05 at 8:28 am

The Ropers were okay... I loved Stanleys off camera look, but their "lack of sex" jokes got tedious. Ralph Furley on the other hand is a comic genious and I can't wait for Season 5 of the dvds cos Ralph really came into his own!

I voted Ralph Furley.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 08/05/05 at 5:12 pm

Don Knotts as a 70's swinger wannabe was freakin' hilarious!

Subject: Three's Company Landlords - The Ropers or Mr Furley?

Written By: Dude111 on 12/20/17 at 11:35 am

Ropers :)

Written By: Howard on 12/20/17 at 2:33 pm

Mr.Furley definitely, Ropers always seemed kind of grumpy at times.

Written By: MyAdidas on 06/10/19 at 12:55 am

The Ropers, but Furley was hilarious. It was weird watching Andy Griffith Show and Three’s Company reruns in the 80s because his characters were so different.

Written By: Contigo on 11/02/21 at 1:12 pm

The Ropers

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/02/21 at 1:20 pm

I never understood that bad hairpiece Don Knotts wore as Mr. Furley. Was that supposed to be part of the character, as in "Mr. Furley wears a bad hairpiece"? That might make sense, given the tacky clothes Mr. Furley wore (and yes, tacky even by what people now consider 70s standards). Or Did Don Knotts actually wear that tacky hairpiece which then just carried over to the character?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/02/21 at 2:35 pm

Ropers.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 11/03/21 at 3:50 am

I never understood that bad hairpiece Don Knotts wore as Mr. Furley. Was that supposed to be part of the character, as in "Mr. Furley wears a bad hairpiece"? That might make sense, given the tacky clothes Mr. Furley wore (and yes, tacky even by what people now consider 70s standards). Or Did Don Knotts actually wear that tacky hairpiece which then just carried over to the character?

Could've been a hairpiece, must've been bald or thinning hair at the time.

Written By: whistledog on 11/03/21 at 4:12 am

It's hard to choose.  They each had their own qualities:

The best of The Ropers
- When Stanley would make a crack at Helen's expense, then turn to the camera and smirk
- When Helen made sarcastic remarks about how Stanley never wanted to make love

The best of Mr. Furley: 
- When he would take a deep breath through his nose when he thought he was a bigger deal than he actually was
- When he misunderstood a situation, and his eyes would bulge and his head would shake
- Whenever he thought Jack was coming on to him or someone was going to challenge him, he would hold up his hands in a karate chop stance

Written By: nally on 11/06/22 at 9:51 pm

It's hard to choose.  They each had their own qualities:

The best of The Ropers
- When Stanley would make a crack at Helen's expense, then turn to the camera and smirk
- When Helen made sarcastic remarks about how Stanley never wanted to make love

The best of Mr. Furley: 
- When he would take a deep breath through his nose when he thought he was a bigger deal than he actually was
- When he misunderstood a situation, and his eyes would bulge and his head would shake
- Whenever he thought Jack was coming on to him or someone was going to challenge him, he would hold up his hands in a karate chop stance

Totally agree. O0

Check for new replies or respond here...