inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Has anyone posted Billy Beer yet?

Written By: Katherine on 08/07/05 at 5:38 pm

Billy Beer was President Carters Brother Billy opened a brewing company making "Billy Beer"

My mom saved a six pack to sell later and someone drank one!

Subject: Re: Has anyone posted Billy Beer yet?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/07/05 at 6:00 pm

I remember it but never tried it.

Did a little search. For one 12 oz can-full is selling for $41 at rubylane.com and 6 packs (unopened) are going for about $10-20 on ebay. It looks like the open cans are not selling.

My advice, hold on to it for another 20 years. It should be worth a lot more by then.

Cat

Written By: Katherine on 08/07/05 at 6:08 pm

Thanks for the info!
I just told my mom and she said the now "five" are still in the plastic holder, but they are all empty!
Darn...She said she didn't know who drank them because the beer was not too good tasting!

Oh well, worth keeping for show I guess.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/07/05 at 6:20 pm

Thanks for the info!
I just told my mom and she said the now "five" are still in the plastic holder, but they are all empty!
Darn...She said she didn't know who drank them because the beer was not too good tasting!

Oh well, worth keeping for show I guess.

Even the empties may be worth something-but like I said, I would hold on to it for a while before trying to sell it.

Cat

Written By: Katherine on 08/07/05 at 6:29 pm

@0 years and I will be an old lady, Lol!
I think I will put them up in my kitchen with my other collectables...Flipper thermos, Beatles tray, Old banana can, etc.

If I can find them, she has been collecting junk for years and it is all over the house!  I found a collection of space ship things that they made after the walk on the moon...like a medium sized Snoopy dog that has the space helmet on and gear!  It is like a fun feast going through her stuff, but it takes a lot of begging to get things from her!  I want her old cowboy stuff.

Is there anything you collect?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/07/05 at 6:34 pm

Is there anything you collect?

What don't I collect? lol. But at the moment I am collecting money-coins, currency, etc. But mainly coins-Morgan Dollars are my lastest obsession.

Cat

Written By: w on 08/12/05 at 5:08 pm

I'm not sure but I think Billy Beer was made in NY by the same people that made Utica Club. Seems odd that a Yankee Co. wanted to market a product and make people think it had Southren ties.  W.

Check for new replies or respond here...