inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Holly Hobbie (sp?) stuff

Written By: Katherine on 08/07/05 at 5:44 pm

My mom made matching Holly Hobbie dresses for me and a friend.

Subject: Re: Holly Hobbie (sp?) stuff

Written By: Dagwood on 08/07/05 at 5:49 pm

I loved Holly Hobbie.  I had a huge Holly Hobbie rag doll.  I don't know what happened to it, though.

Written By: Katherine on 08/07/05 at 5:53 pm

I loved Holly Hobbie.  I had a huge Holly Hobbie rag doll.  I don't know what happened to it, though.

Written By: Dagwood on 08/07/05 at 5:57 pm

Doubt it was a dog, we didn't have one.  Probably my mom on one of her cleaning binges.  I lost a lot of stuffed animals that way.

Written By: gemini on 08/07/05 at 6:16 pm

My sister made me one of those smock type blouses that ties in the back out of Holly Hobbie material. That was early 70s I think.  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/07/05 at 6:27 pm

I still have a Holly Hobbie poster (I think it is in a box in the basement somewhere).

Cat

Written By: JT1972 on 08/07/05 at 7:52 pm

I will never forget - Christmas 78!  I came downstairs and saw (what I thought was huge!) a Holly Hobbie dollhouse.
It was a play house for me. It was made of a hard cardboard with a cut out door and two windows. Holly was stood outside in the garden or should I say painted on the front of the house next to a fence.  I wonder if I searched the web would I find one??

Written By: karen on 08/08/05 at 8:47 am

I still have my doll.  Didn't the different coluored outfits mean a different name for the doll?  Anyway the one I have is the one dressed in green in this picture I found on the web.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/08/05 at 6:29 pm

I have a Holly Hobbie doll that I found at a yard sale....and when I was little, my mom bought me a Holly Hobbie nightgown.

Erin :)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/08/05 at 7:25 pm

I had a Holly Hobbie quilt hung above my headboard in my room. It was made by someone we knew, but I forgot who. My cousin had her whole room themed in Holly Hobbie. It was adorable. I loved her room because it was sooo girly  ;D

Written By: GREEN67 on 08/08/05 at 9:45 pm

;D  OOhh memories..The summer before my first year in school..we moved into a new house..My mom did my whole room in Holly Hobbie..I had a light purple room with the holly hobbie border and the matching bedspread and curtains..and I had the white with gold trim dresser and nightstand..and the headboard to my bed..My daughter has it now..I had the doll and all to go with it but sadly its gone now..But the furniture is in my baby girl's..( nine)..room..I loved holly hobbie!! In fact..Ck out the Stickers..post in the eighties room...I remember my first Holly Hobbie sticker set..Its the same I posted there and I cant think of the name of the stickers or the co. ..But they still make them today..

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/08/05 at 9:49 pm

;D  OOhh memories..The summer before my first year in school..we moved into a new house..My mom did my whole room in Holly Hobbie..I had a light purple room with the holly hobbie border and the matching bedspread and curtains..and I had the white with gold trim dresser and nightstand..and the headboard to my bed..My daughter has it now..I had the doll and all to go with it but sadly its gone now..But the furniture is in my baby girl's..( nine)..room..I loved holly hobbie!! In fact..Ck out the Stickers..post in the eighties room...I remember my first Holly Hobbie sticker set..Its the same I posted there and I cant think of the name of the stickers or the co. ..But they still make them today..

that sounds like it was a very pretty room!  When I was little my mom did my whole room in Raggedy Ann & Andy.

Written By: GREEN67 on 08/08/05 at 9:56 pm

;D  ERIN..Yes I loved my room!!! I remember just laying on my bed and thinking..This is heaven!!! mom even bought me purple comb and brush set..Brushed my hair alll the time..lol...I loved raggedy ann and andy too..I have raggedy ann still but she was in my closet when I stabbed my stretch armstrong and shes got red stuff on her ..but I kept her anyway..lol...

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/08/05 at 10:12 pm

all this talk about old dolls, etc...has me thinking about all of the dolls that I used to have...so now I am looking all of them up on Ebay...it would be cool to buy one at a time...until I have the whole collection of them!

Written By: GREEN67 on 08/08/05 at 10:16 pm

;D Def.. I want them all again too..But i still love my old "raggedy" ones..sentimental.. I do wish I had my holly hobbie..cant think of what happenend to her..I do have all my Barbies ..even got a Cher and a Farrah..

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/08/05 at 10:23 pm

;D Def.. I want them all again too..But i still love my old "raggedy" ones..sentimental.. I do wish I had my holly hobbie..cant think of what happenend to her..I do have all my Barbies ..even got a Cher and a Farrah..

wow! That's cool you have so many of your old dolls, I wish I would have been more responsible with my dolls...when I still had them.  I grew up in the 80's, as I was born in '77....so the dolls that I had were: Barbies, Strawberry Shortcakes, Jem, Rainbow Brite, My Little Pony, etc.....there are TONS of them on Ebay, some still in their original boxes!!!

Written By: GREEN67 on 08/08/05 at 11:07 pm

;D Mine are all very old and played with sooo much.. I dont care if they are in mint condition or not.. I wouldnt sell them for ANYTHING...my FARRAH dolls hair is soo messed up...I brushed and brushed it..the Flybacks are so old they are about to fall off...I just found another classic...I called my mom and had her go into her attic and look at my old toys..Ive still.got the Wicked Witch from the wizard of OZ!!..im sure its from the 70s or 80s but I got the castle and the witch came with it..along with a "Crystal Ball" that spins and it has two sides..I cant remember whats on it but I think Dorothy is on one..Mom didnt want to look at it all tonite..shes 60 and has to work tomorrow..so I will ck it out tomorrow..I think it came out for some anniversary addition...

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/08/05 at 11:08 pm

;D Mine are all very old and played with sooo much.. I dont care if they are in mint condition or not.. I wouldnt sell them for ANYTHING...my FARRAH dolls hair is soo messed up...I brushed and brushed it..the Flybacks are so old they are about to fall off...I just found another classic...I called my mom and had her go into her attic and look at my old toys..Ive still.got the Wicked Witch from the wizard of OZ!!..im sure its from the 70s or 80s but I got the castle and the witch came with it..along with a "Crystal Ball" that spins and it has two sides..I cant remember whats on it but I think Dorothy is on one..Mom didnt want to look at it all tonite..shes 60 and has to work tomorrow..so I will ck it out tomorrow..I think it came out for some anniversary addition...

wow! that sounds really cool!

Written By: GREEN67 on 08/08/05 at 11:20 pm

;D  Erin..I just posted on the Sid and Marty Croft  shows too..we got on sigmund the seamonster which made me think of Family Affair..In turn..Mrs.Beasley doll..I have her too..I have a pic of me holding her sooo tight!!!..My scanner is on the fritz..willgo to my parents soon and ill send you the pic..just dont laugh at my hair!!!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/08/05 at 11:27 pm

;D  Erin..I just posted on the Sid and Marty Croft  shows too..we got on sigmund the seamonster which made me think of Family Affair..In turn..Mrs.Beasley doll..I have her too..I have a pic of me holding her sooo tight!!!..My scanner is on the fritz..willgo to my parents soon and ill send you the pic..just dont laugh at my hair!!!

oh that sounds cool, I will be looking forward to seeing it...and don't worry, I won't laugh at your hair! LOL!

Written By: GREEN67 on 08/08/05 at 11:42 pm

8)  ok..I found another doll too,,I dont know who shes supposed to be but u can turn the top of her head..she has blond ..long hair..and when you turn the top of her head she becomes a brunette...shes real BIG...twice the size of a Barbie..I cant think of her name...anybody got any answers???

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/09/05 at 8:46 pm

that doesn't sound familiar to me....but I was wondering...do you remember the Blythe dolls from the 70s? I want one of those SOOO bad! They are the ones with the big eyes that you could pull the string and change their eye color? Does anyone have one of those?

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062852/K=blythe+doll/v=2/SID=e/TID=I999_73/l=IVI/SIG=12r7ib73e/EXP=1123726962/*-http%3A//members.optusnet.com.au/orriettacat/patterns/simpledresspic2.jpe

Written By: GREEN67 on 08/09/05 at 9:18 pm

I cant place that one Erin...Im still wondering about the doll I posted too..She was real pretty..I Just hate it when you are thinkin about something and cant remember..

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 08/13/05 at 2:25 am

I still have my original Holly Hobby ragdoll from 1975 - attached is a pic we took when we came home to find our cat had made Holly his new best friend. The photo won a pet photo competition in our states newspaper back then. I won a years supply of cat food !!

I still have my huge old Holly framed poster too somewhere.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/13/05 at 9:46 pm

I still have my original Holly Hobby ragdoll from 1975 - attached is a pic we took when we came home to find our cat had made Holly his new best friend. The photo won a pet photo competition in our states newspaper back then. I won a years supply of cat food !!

I still have my huge old Holly framed poster too somewhere.

that's a really cute pic!

Written By: GREEN67 on 08/14/05 at 1:48 am

;D I love that pic!!!

Written By: KarenB7171101 on 08/22/05 at 11:48 am

There are new Holly Hobbie ragdolls for sale online... American Greetings has rereleased Holly Hobbie products, and you'll be seeing them almost everywhere you see Strawberry Shortcake.  Take a look at this link... http://www.kidenergy.com/products-hollyhobbie.html and also http://www.hollyhobbie.com AWSOME STUFF coming out...!  Holly Hobbie is back...  Karen

Written By: marcy on 10/10/05 at 6:52 pm

does anyone know what toy company sold the holly hobbie doll?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/10/05 at 8:01 pm

does anyone know what toy company sold the holly hobbie doll?

I know I have an old Holly Hobbie that is from  Knickerbocker .

Subject: Re: Holly Hobbie playhouse

Written By: Julie on 01/02/06 at 1:09 am

I will never forget - Christmas 78!  I came downstairs and saw (what I thought was huge!) a Holly Hobbie dollhouse.
It was a play house for me. It was made of a hard cardboard with a cut out door and two windows. Holly was stood outside in the garden or should I say painted on the front of the house next to a fence.  I wonder if I searched the web would I find one??
 They have one or two of them listed on Ebay if you're interested.  I collect the lunchboxes as I had one from when I was in elementary school that my mom kept and gave me when I moved into my own home.  It is just the coolest.  I loved Holly Hobbie and had all kinds of stuff but the lunchbox is all that is left.

Written By: KKay on 01/03/06 at 3:12 pm

I had the dolls and TONS of stationery.
and stickers too.

Written By: lorac614 on 01/03/06 at 4:12 pm

8)  ok..I found another doll too,,I dont know who shes supposed to be but u can turn the top of her head..she has blond ..long hair..and when you turn the top of her head she becomes a brunette...shes real BIG...twice the size of a Barbie..I cant think of her name...anybody got any answers???

Tuesday Taylor had the head that turned and changed from brown to blonde, but she was about the same size a Barbie.

There was another doll who was bigger, her hair "grew".  Her name was Chrissy.

Written By: lorac614 on 01/03/06 at 4:14 pm

I still have my doll.  Didn't the different coluored outfits mean a different name for the doll?  Anyway the one I have is the one dressed in green in this picture I found on the web.

The one in the green dress is named Heather.  I know because my sister had her and she loved the name, she even named  her daughter Heather.

Written By: lorac614 on 01/03/06 at 4:16 pm

that doesn't sound familiar to me....but I was wondering...do you remember the Blythe dolls from the 70s? I want one of those SOOO bad! They are the ones with the big eyes that you could pull the string and change their eye color? Does anyone have one of those?

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062852/K=blythe+doll/v=2/SID=e/TID=I999_73/l=IVI/SIG=12r7ib73e/EXP=1123726962/*-http%3A//members.optusnet.com.au/orriettacat/patterns/simpledresspic2.jpe

I had one, I wish I still had her since they go for big bucks on e-bay.  The eyes went from green, to blue, to pink and then ornage.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/03/06 at 9:02 pm

I had one, I wish I still had her since they go for big bucks on e-bay.  The eyes went from green, to blue, to pink and then ornage.

OMG...I know! I really want an original one...but I don't have an extra grand to buy one! :o

Written By: alyceclover on 01/09/06 at 6:54 am

my friend used to make beautiful Holly Hobbie's starting with a soda bottle, paper mache' and styrofoam head...big bonnet hats & dress were made out of material....don't know her process, super-starched....sold many of them at Flea market's...my daughter still has one of those, darn head keeps falling off 'tho.

Written By: spaceace on 01/24/06 at 12:35 pm

I had both dolls, I had a Holly Hobbie bonnet, I can remember an oven, and I had the Holly Hobbie board game.  :)

Written By: MLB on 02/10/06 at 2:48 pm

My mother bought a couple yards of lovely forest green fabric w/ holly and a friend and a dog and made cafe curtains for my room. I picked my room's wall paint as a very lively jungle green, so the dark green curtains were nice.  What can i say, I was 5.

Written By: jaytee on 02/11/06 at 3:30 am

I've still got my mug and my egg-shaped knick-knack holder - both birthday presents from friends :)

Written By: GREEN67 on 02/12/06 at 4:06 am

Tuesday Taylor had the head that turned and changed from brown to blonde, but she was about the same size a Barbie.

There was another doll who was bigger, her hair "grew".  Her name was Chrissy.
  :o Wierd! Tuesday Taylor does sound familier to me now....I just thought she was alot bigger than Barbie...I was going to name my daughter Tuesday... and then it ended up being Taylor...She was born with black hair then it fell out now its blondish brown....I HAVE to find that doll...I am really freaking out now!!...LOL

Written By: Jewel on 02/12/06 at 7:48 pm

OMG, I had quite a few Holly Hobbie things! I had Holly Hobbie rag dolls (one was regular size and the other was a minature size), a sewing machine, a cash register, and I'm pretty sure I had several other HH stuff.

Written By: GREEN67 on 02/12/06 at 9:58 pm

OMG, I had quite a few Holly Hobbie things! I had Holly Hobbie rag dolls (one was regular size and the other was a minature size), a sewing machine, a cash register, and I'm pretty sure I had several other HH stuff.
I posted a Long time ago on this but Jewel...I had the Holly Hobbie room!...The curtains, comfortor...raggdoll..then..it was light purple I think..I have very fond memories of Holly Hobbie! ;D

Written By: Gis on 02/16/06 at 6:46 am

I had a Holly bedspread and a set of saucepans for my toy cooker ! I remember I got the saucepans one easter from my parents.I also collected the sticker book and had loads of spare stickers that i stuck all over the place. 

Written By: angie on 09/28/06 at 7:58 am

Hi,
i am looking for Holly hobbie sticker book/albums. When I was a girl in England i loved collecting holly hobby stickers for my album. I moved to australia and did not bring my sticker book. I would love to find someone who would sell me one. It was 1981

Written By: spaceace on 09/29/06 at 7:58 pm

I went to the mall and found a Holly Hobbie calender.  I was thrilled.  Any one here have the board game?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/29/06 at 9:17 pm

I went to the mall and found a Holly Hobbie calender.  I was thrilled.  Any one here have the board game?

the only things I had were the doll and a nightgown.

Written By: spaceace on 09/29/06 at 9:24 pm

I had the doll, the board game, a tea set, and a poster.  I looked at the calender, they've changed her appearance.  (Thankfully they had both versions of her)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/29/06 at 9:30 pm

I had the doll, the board game, a tea set, and a poster.  I looked at the calender, they've changed her appearance.  (Thankfully they had both versions of her)

I hate when they change the look of the older/retro image. I was just in the grocery store in the cereal isle...looking at those Count Chocula, Boo Berry, Frankenberry cereals....they look SO different from what they did when I was younger. :-\\

Written By: GREEN67 on 09/29/06 at 9:34 pm

I hate when they change the look of the older/retro image. I was just in the grocery store in the cereal isle...looking at those Count Chocula, Boo Berry, Frankenberry cereals....they look SO different from what they did when I was younger. :-\\
8) The cereal!..yes!...I remember the old versions as well...the new look just odd to me...

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/29/06 at 9:34 pm

8) The cereal!..yes!...I remember the old versions as well...the new look just odd to me...

it makes me wanna cry...I HATE the newer versions of things (including signs of restaurants, etc...I love the retro/older ones).

Written By: spaceace on 09/29/06 at 9:36 pm

Oh, I know.  They did that sheesh to Strawberry Shortcake too.  Why mess with a good thing.  It's heartbreaking, we were happy with the real stuff.  Progress my ass...

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/29/06 at 9:37 pm

Oh, I know.  They did that sheesh to Strawberry Shortcake too.  Why mess with a good thing.  It's heartbreaking, we were happy with the real stuff.  Progress my ass...

totally!  All of my favorite toys from when I was young....all different now.  Thank God for Ebay!! :)

Written By: spaceace on 09/29/06 at 9:37 pm

I didn't want to swear.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/29/06 at 9:38 pm

I didn't want to swear.

sometimes it filters certain words...other times it doesn't.

Written By: spaceace on 09/29/06 at 9:41 pm

No, I just didn't want ot be reduced to that.  BTW, I have seen my whole childhood on ebay!!!  Life is good!!! ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/29/06 at 9:43 pm

No, I just didn't want ot be reduced to that.  BTW, I have seen my whole childhood on ebay!!!  Life is good!!! ;D

I love going on Ebay and just searching for all of my old toys...it brings back SO many memories. People bid like crazy though...I usually can't touch the prices.

Written By: spaceace on 09/29/06 at 9:46 pm

Yeah, but seeing them again is worth it.  I found "Loving You Barbie on ebay, that was a trip. :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/29/06 at 9:48 pm

Yeah, but seeing them again is worth it.  I found "Loving You Barbie on ebay, that was a trip. :)

yes, very true.  I found this game that I used to have when I was young...it was called, "I vant to bite your finger"...it was a dracula game and if you lost you had to put your finger in these fake teeth and it would stamp marks on you finger.....I thought I would NEVER find that again...but alas, I did! ;D

Written By: spaceace on 09/29/06 at 9:51 pm

I found the first version of the game Mouse Trap!!!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/29/06 at 9:52 pm

I found the first version of the game Mouse Trap!!!

oh gosh...I LOVED that game! :D

Written By: spaceace on 09/29/06 at 9:56 pm

If I had a credit card I'd relive my childhood. ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/29/06 at 9:57 pm

If I had a credit card I'd relive my childhood. ;D

I've been tempted way too many times...well, actually I have given in a few times....when I could find things kinda cheap...but man, if I was rich I would have a complete retro room in my house!! ;D

Written By: spaceace on 09/29/06 at 10:03 pm

Ditto! :)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/10/06 at 9:40 am

They have one or two of them listed on Ebay if you're interested.  I collect the lunchboxes as I had one from when I was in elementary school that my mom kept and gave me when I moved into my own home.  It is just the coolest.  I loved Holly Hobbie and had all kinds of stuff but the lunchbox is all that is left.

My sister had the lunch box too.  Holly Hobbie was a little before my time, but my older sister was totally obsessed with her!

Me too!  But I bought some anyway - it even tastes different.  Good, but different.

I love going on Ebay and just searching for all of my old toys...it brings back SO many memories. People bid like crazy though...I usually can't touch the prices.

I had a Brooke Shields doll when I was a kid.  I can't imagine what it would be worth now.  I am just kicking myself for not keeping it!  Maybe I'll head on over to ebay and see if I can find one...

Written By: karen on 10/10/06 at 10:14 am

I had a Brooke Shields doll when I was a kid.  I can't imagine what it would be worth now.  I am just kicking myself for not keeping it!  Maybe I'll head on over to ebay and see if I can find one...

http://cgi.ebay.com/LJN-BROOKE-SHIELDS-8833-1982-COLLECTIBLE-TEENAGE-DOLL_W0QQitemZ280036085112QQihZ018QQcategoryZ2387QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/10/06 at 10:38 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/LJN-BROOKE-SHIELDS-8833-1982-COLLECTIBLE-TEENAGE-DOLL_W0QQitemZ280036085112QQihZ018QQcategoryZ2387QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I can't access that link from work.  :(  (Firewalls.)  I will check it out when I get home.  What is it?

Written By: karen on 10/10/06 at 11:11 am

I can't access that link from work.  :(  (Firewalls.)  I will check it out when I get home.  What is it?

A Brooke Shields doll still boxed

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/10/06 at 11:24 am

Wow!  I will definitely get on when I get home!  :)

Written By: spaceace on 10/10/06 at 9:50 pm

Ebay, it's a beautiful thing!! 8)

Written By: Abix on 10/10/06 at 10:02 pm

I had a Holly Hobbie doll, nightgown and a decoupage set. They were these things that you hung on the wall.  My grandma always bought me these arts and crafts things.. i.e. wire art, string art, those looms that made the pot holders out of loops. She bought me this actual weaving loom but I never got the hang of it. 

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/11/06 at 12:17 am

That's the one!  I can't believe it.  I might just have to get it...

Written By: karen on 10/11/06 at 9:28 am

That's the one!  I can't believe it.  I might just have to get it...

Well no ones bid on it yet - you might get lucky!

Written By: Robin on 02/06/10 at 6:55 pm

I have one in mint condition, never been taken out of the box. It was made ion 1975 by Coleco. If your interested, let me know. I may be posting it on eBay soon?

Written By: Fairee07 on 02/26/10 at 8:39 pm

I had a Holly Hobbie rag doll, cash register, sewing machine, hair bobbles, and a lunchbox.

Written By: MomofOne on 11/19/10 at 1:27 pm

Hi Robin,

If no one has responded to your offer of the Holly Hobbie play house, I would be most interested in purchasing it.  You can contact me at (905) 547-3616 or willowtree701@hotmail.com.

Thanks,

Andrea
MomofOne

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/19/10 at 4:59 pm

DON'T tempt me to make more dirty puns!
:-X

Check for new replies or respond here...