inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "Little Skiddles" Name those dolls in plastic pins?

Written By: Katherine on 08/07/05 at 5:49 pm

Those little dolls that had small wheels on the back that made the legs move when you rolled it along.

The pins had plastic cases about 1.5'" embellished with rhinestones that held little dolls.  I think some were scented.

Subject: Re: "Little Skiddles" Name those dolls in plastic pins?

Written By: gemini on 08/07/05 at 6:15 pm

Liddle Kiddles. I had a purple one forever, and it still had a scent after about 20 yrs. but I don't know what happened to it  :\'(  Mine was in a little perfume bottle shaped container.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/07/05 at 6:25 pm

There were so many Liddle Kiddles.

Check out some here. http://www.dollsntoys.com/liddle.htm

To this day, one of my sisters and I STILL argue over who had a certain Liddle Kiddle doll. Several years ago, she bought me one just to end the argument but it didn't happen. We still go on and on about that doll.  ;D

Believe it or not, there is quite a lot of Liddle Kiddle people out there-they even have a convention once a year.  :o

Cat

Written By: gemini on 08/07/05 at 6:32 pm

I just found one of mine on the site you put up, Cat. I also remember having one of the cases too.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/07/05 at 6:35 pm

I just found one of mine on the site you put up, Cat. I also remember having one of the cases too.

Maybe I should have told you that the website is my sisters-the same one who I STILL have the arguement with.  ;D

Cat

Written By: gemini on 08/07/05 at 6:36 pm

Maybe I should have told you that the website is my sisters-the same one who I STILL have the arguement with.  ;D

Cat

Ahhhh, is that all her stuff? I'm sooooo jealous. You know how nostalgic I am  :\'(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/07/05 at 6:37 pm

Ahhhh, is that all her stuff? I'm sooooo jealous. You know how nostalgic I am  :\'(

That is the stuff she is selling. You should see her house.  :o

Cat

Written By: gemini on 08/07/05 at 6:38 pm

That is the stuff she is selling. You should see her house.  :o

Cat

My kind of girl!  ;D 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/07/05 at 6:41 pm

One of my other sisters collects the toys you get from fast food places. She had to move out of her bedroom because they over took it. lol. When my niece brought a guy home to "meet mom" my sister wanted to embarrass her by saying to him, "Do you want to come into my bedroom and see my toys?" But she didn't to my niece's relief.

Cat

Written By: Katherine on 08/07/05 at 6:52 pm

Now I am getting mixed up...

Little Kiddles are the dolls in the plastic?..I have only seen the ines in these "gem like" plastic pins...

Does anyone remember, I think they were called something "Skittles"
The dolls were about 3 inches or less tall that the legs moved when you rolled them along.

I will check out your sisters site...

Written By: kairi747 on 08/13/05 at 11:56 pm

i had rosebud and i loved her side ponytail.  i also had lily of the valley.  they brought them back in the mid-90's, but of course they weren't really the same!

Written By: kairi747 on 08/14/05 at 12:18 am

Now I am getting mixed up...

Little Kiddles are the dolls in the plastic?..I have only seen the ines in these "gem like" plastic pins...

Does anyone remember, I think they were called something "Skittles"
The dolls were about 3 inches or less tall that the legs moved when you rolled them along.

I will check out your sisters site...

no need to be mixed up any longer.  i went to ebay to see if anyone has my rosebud doll (and they do!).  BUT i also found what you are looking for, katherine!  they are called skediddles!  and gues what?  i had those, too!  i completely forgot about them!  so run, don't walk to ebay and search for skediddle and you will find what you are seeking!  life is good, isn't it?  ;D

Written By: Katherine on 08/18/05 at 1:17 pm

Thank you Kaira!

I was thinking maybe I was dreaming, and those were never a doll!  I will check out eBay now I know the name "skediddles".

I am also going to keep my eyes peeled at thrift shops, where they stick all the little "odds and ends" loose toys together in those bags...A suggestion for all the little doll collectors.  I found my Little Kiddles gem pins in those bags, mixed in with a leggo or two, lol.

P.S.  If anyone collects or finds stuff at thrift stores, check out the "Thrift Store" thread.

Kat

Check for new replies or respond here...