inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anyone remember the WEEBLES toy figurines?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 08/08/05 at 10:19 pm

I remember when Fisher-Price's 'little people' got some competition...from the WEEBLES. Weebles were egg shaped figures that 'wobble but they don't fall down'...they had a Weebles treehouse...I wonder what happened to WEEBLES,and if anyone here had the things. They were kinda cute.

Subject: Re: Anyone remember the WEEBLES toy figurines?

Written By: Skippy on 08/08/05 at 10:52 pm

"Weebles Wobble But They Don't Fall Down", LOL. They can still be found on eBay. They have changed through the years. Weren't they originally made of wood? A simple toy concept that challenged kids to use their imagination.

Written By: GREEN67 on 08/08/05 at 11:23 pm

;D  Loved the weebles..they still have them today but they are slimmer..the old ones were shaped just like an egg..today its more beanlike..lol..

Written By: lilleo1968 on 08/09/05 at 6:50 am

I still have the Air Port  ;)

Written By: karen on 08/09/05 at 7:31 am

I still have a Weeble in a helicopter.  Actually it's at my parents house and sits on top of the tv like an ornament  :-\\

I can remember buying the Weeble with some money I had for my birthday.  I bought it in Woolworths.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/09/05 at 4:07 pm

I never had them myself but when I was in high school, the head of the athletic dept. was this HUGH guy with an extremely round belly. We used to call him a "Weeble".  ;D  Yeah, I know how ironic that someone so out of shape was the head of the athletic dept. But, he was a very nice guy. I liked him-even if he was a weeble.

Cat

Written By: GREEN67 on 08/10/05 at 5:15 pm

:D  My daughter just got a weeble today in her cereal box..its NEMO..

Written By: Marian on 08/10/05 at 8:55 pm

;D   Loved the weebles..they still have them today but they are slimmer..the old ones were shaped just like an egg..today its more beanlike..lol..
the old ones were cute.cheers!

Written By: JT1972 on 08/11/05 at 2:26 pm

I loved the Weebles treehouse with the little swing and lift! Cute

Written By: guest on 08/11/05 at 5:15 pm

In Kelloggs r Smacks this month I got the toy they give away which is roundish that wobbles but doesn't fall..only they put various Disney Characters on each one(about 50)..I got Tinker Bell..but yes..they are like the weeble toys.

Written By: dutchfalcon on 08/29/05 at 11:19 pm

I had the camper, and I didn't like Weebles because they wouldn't lie down to go to sleep! ::)

Written By: mrgazpacho on 08/30/05 at 7:01 am

I wonder what happened to WEEBLES

If looks are anything to go by, their new-millennium descendants are Weebl and Bob: http://www.answers.com/topic/weebl-and-bob

Written By: Katherine on 08/30/05 at 9:36 pm

There were two bulls on one side of a fence, there were  cows on the other side.
Every time a big wind would come by, all the cows would fall over.  The bulls were still standing.

This happened many times, so finally one of the cows went up to a bull and asked, "why is it that every time a wind comes up, us cows fall over and you don't?

The bull said, "we bulls wobble but we don't fall down"

A joke we used to tell in the 70's...

Kat

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 09/02/05 at 8:28 pm

My little brother had a Weebles "Tub Sub," which was a little white submarine with a clear plastic bubble on top, where a Weeble wearing a diver's mask would sit.

Written By: Suicidal Blonde on 09/26/05 at 1:09 pm

I had them when they first came out. I loved them.  I hate how they updated their looks TODAY. They should have just left them alone.

Written By: whistledog on 09/26/05 at 1:15 pm

I still have my original weebles from like 1979  :)

Written By: Becky Firesmith on 03/26/10 at 3:17 pm

I sure do! My kids had them. I love Weebles!! When my kids were little I was on a bowling team and that was our team's name: "The Weebles"---and of course we used "weebles wobble but they won't fall down" cause several of us were either pregnant or over weight and we weren't very good bowlers (so Weebles also referred to the pins!!) , but we had a great time!! :P

Written By: Tam on 03/26/10 at 4:38 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq0OQBdIhsc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag-3QduOUOs

Written By: lola669 on 03/26/10 at 4:48 pm

I had Weebles, the first ones were "peelable".  The decal was on the outside so I had a few that I took the plastic off of, they looked like eggs. They redesigned them and the decal was put under clear hard plastic. I also had the tree-house, camper, dud-ranch and haunted house.

The new ones are Mighty Beans, I think.

Written By: Fairee07 on 03/28/10 at 6:05 pm

Yes, my brother and I had a few Weeble dolls in the toy cart.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/29/10 at 1:19 am

Weebles wobble and who gives a flying fark!  I want GI Joe with the Kung Fu grip!
;D

Check for new replies or respond here...