inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Remember "Sun in" and "Frost & Tip?...Wanted so bad to be a blonde!

Written By: Katherine on 08/10/05 at 2:29 am

Everybody with brown or darker hair used "Sun In."  It turned out a brassy reddish color, but it seemed everybody wanted to get blonde!

Did anyone else use this stuff about everyone at school used it.

See my other comments on hair and makeup, clothes, etc...

Kat

Subject: Re: Remember "Sun in" and "Frost & Tip?...Wanted so bad to be a blonde!

Written By: robby76 on 08/10/05 at 3:02 am

I'm a guy and still use Sun-In, it's widely available still. I started using it in 1989 and not stopped... I pray it doesn't fall out one day... ha ha!

Subject: Re: Remember "Sun in" and "Frost & Tip?...Wanted so bad to be a blonde!

Written By: Katherine on 08/10/05 at 3:07 am

Yeah, my sister still uses it...I'm a hairdresser, don't worry, it won't fall out!
Kat

Written By: robby76 on 08/10/05 at 3:28 am

It actually contains one of the lowest ammonia levels compared to other hair dyes. It had a lot of bad press in the early days.

Written By: Katherine on 08/10/05 at 10:12 am

I know.  And as long as it looks good why change?

One thing...my sis has long hair and I noticed she must have not done it right, there was a subtle "spot" on one place...like she accidentally spayed a spot.

I don't use it, but to think of it, it would be good for a touch of lightning without making the hair all one solid color...I will experiment on my son, lol

I just remember the year it came out...everyone was using it, girls wanted to be blondes, so there were allot of brassy looking hair!
Oh, I was so jealous of my friend that it worked good on on...oh yeah, she had perfectly feathered hair too!
I think it was called feathered, layers going back, but it was before the "farrah"

Written By: GREEN67 on 08/10/05 at 5:23 pm

::)  I posted on your other one about SUN-IN..I used it ALOT ..One time I think I used a whole bottle in one day!!! My hair was three diff shades ..orange..blonde..light brown..but in a cool way..lol..I had the "feathered " hair too..used lots of hair spray..you could lift my sides and they looked like wings..LOL..

Check for new replies or respond here...