inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Log Driver's Waltz

Written By: star500 on 08/16/05 at 10:25 am

(Only Canadians will remember this, unless by some miracle, a few Americans got to see it as well) Does anyone remember this short cartoon made by the National Film Board of Canada (NFB) ? It used to come on in between shows on CBC. It was such a cute little video about a log driver looking for a wife and travelling around on a log. I remember seeing it when I was about 5 or 6 but it has been around since 1979 apparently. I have found a clip of it for anyone who would like to watch it at: http://www.nfb.ca/portraits/hommage/wade/index1.html

If anyone (Canadian or otherwise) remembers this, let me know!

Subject: Re: Log Driver's Waltz

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/16/05 at 10:57 am

I remember it, it was ok I guess, the songs was pretty catchy though.

Written By: whistledog on 09/05/05 at 4:33 pm

YES! 

I loved the Log Driver's Waltz.  I wish they still showed it. 

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/06/05 at 10:26 am

The was written by Hemsworth Wade, and sung by Kate and Anna Kate McGarrigle, for anyone who is interested in knowing.

Written By: Paul L on 09/09/05 at 11:07 pm

The song and the animation has stuck in my head for years.  If you really want to enjoy it, you can buy it for $15 on the Natinal Film Board webstore at nfb.ca.
Cheers

Written By: whistledog on 06/27/09 at 5:26 pm

This year, The Log Drivers Waltz animated short is celebrating it's 30th anniversary.  Since I was a kid, watching this cartoon always made me feel glad to be a Canadian, so in celebration of it's 30th year, I have made it my avatar just in time for Canada day! 8)

http://www.nfb.ca/film/log_drivers_waltz/

Check for new replies or respond here...