inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anyone remember Mr. and Mrs. Bo Jo Jones?

Written By: star500 on 08/16/05 at 4:50 pm

Did anyone see this movie? I read the book when I was about 11 or 12, I think. It was a good book and my mom says it was a good movie, but I've never seen it and it is not avaliable on DVD or video anywhere, not even Ebay. I keep hoping it will come on TV so I can tape it.

It starred Christopher Norris and Dezi Arnaz Jr. For those of you that haven't read the book, its about a girl who gets pregnant and is pressured to marry her teenage boyfriend. She does marry him and I won't spoil the end lol but if anyone ever sees it on TV they should tape it.

Subject: Re: Anyone remember Mr. and Mrs. Bo Jo Jones?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/16/05 at 6:25 pm

I remember the name but that is about it. Don't recall seeing the movie and definately didn't read the book.

Cat

Written By: star500 on 08/16/05 at 10:04 pm

I remember the name but that is about it. Don't recall seeing the movie and definately didn't read the book.

Cat

You should read the book, Cat...I'm sure you can find it at your local library. It was written by an author by the name of Anne Head (no pun intended, lol ;D) You will probably like the book, I believe it was written in the late 1960s or possibly the early 1970s but I could be wrong.

Written By: Cheri on 08/20/05 at 12:09 am

I remember seeing the movie and I have looked for it for years but with no luck.  I wish it would come out on video or DVD someday

Written By: Tami on 09/10/05 at 12:52 pm

I have desperately been searching for a copy of this  movie.  I just recently found out the name of it.  I watched it so long ago, I couldn't remember the name, only the plot and the two main characters.  If anyone discovers it is available, please contact me via email.  I'd be grateful!

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/11/05 at 3:56 am

I bought this at a yard sale when I was about 10, read it several times over the years.  I don't remember ever seeing the movie.  Christopher Norris looks familiar, didn't she play a nurse on Trapper John, MD in the 80s?

Written By: star500 on 09/11/05 at 12:27 pm

I bought this at a yard sale when I was about 10, read it several times over the years.  I don't remember ever seeing the movie.  Christopher Norris looks familiar, didn't she play a nurse on Trapper John, MD in the 80s?

As a matter of fact bookmisstress4ever, she was! I searched for her on IMDB and the show was listed under her name. She played Gloria 'Ripples' Brancusi, R. N. from 1979 to 1985. You have an amazing memory to remember that! :o She was also on a few soap operas and the movie Summer of '42. Here is a link to her name on IMDB for those of you who would like to know more about her:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0635782/

Check for new replies or respond here...