inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: yodels

Written By: kairi747 on 08/19/05 at 1:35 am

anyone rmember when yodels were individually wrapped in tin foil?  they tasted so much better than they do today.  my sister and i would always eat yodels on friday nights while watching that infamous tv line-up:  brady bunch, partridge family, room 222, odd couple, love american style, and if we could stay up 'til 12, night gallery!

Subject: Re: yodels

Written By: lorac614 on 08/20/05 at 4:25 pm

You betcha!  I remember eating them and then smoothing the foil with the side of my thumb nail.  My sister and I would see who could make it smoother and not rip it.  Stupid, I know.

Do you remember"Ding-Dongs", I think they also came wrapped in foil.

Written By: MaryMary on 08/20/05 at 5:08 pm

I loved Yodels and used to flatten out the tinfoil too.

I also liked Ring Dings (Ring Ding, Ring Ding, we're gonna get a Ring Ding) and Funny Bones (everybody's gotta have a -clap, clap- Funny Bone)

OMG, I just realized I have memorized the entire script for that Ring Dings commercial!

The creme filling in them (and in Twinkies too) is not as good as it was when I was little.

Written By: lorac614 on 08/20/05 at 8:45 pm

I loved Yodels and used to flatten out the tinfoil too.

I also liked Ring Dings (Ring Ding, Ring Ding, we're gonna get a Ring Ding) and Funny Bones (everybody's gotta have a -clap, clap- Funny Bone)

OMG, I just realized I have memorized the entire script for that Ring Dings commercial!

The creme filling in them (and in Twinkies too) is not as good as it was when I was little.

It was Ring Dings...not Ding Dongs.  Is there even a snack named Ding Dong?  ???

Written By: kairi747 on 08/29/05 at 9:22 am

ding dongs are made by hostess - ring dings are by drakes.  scary to know this much about junk food!

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 08/30/05 at 3:30 am

What in the hell is a yodel? I remember all these other snacks mentioned, but never heard of a yodel. Is it an east coast thing?

Written By: kairi747 on 08/30/05 at 9:06 am

What in the hell is a yodel? I remember all these other snacks mentioned, but never heard of a yodel. Is it an east coast thing?

Written By: gemini on 08/30/05 at 9:21 am

This is what we have in Ohio. Hostess Ho Hos!

Written By: MaryMary on 09/15/05 at 9:34 pm

haha, you said "ho".

Kid 1: "Ring Ding, Ring Ding, wish I had a Ring Ding!"
Kid 2: Sam, what's a Ring Ding?
Kid 1: It's a chocolate cake.
Kid 2: Yeeaaah?
Kid 1: And in the middle there's lots of creamy stuff.
Kid 2: Yeeaaah?
Kid 1: And it has chocolate frosting all the way around it!
Kid 2: Even on the bottom?
Kid 1: Yeah, on the bottom too. And you can buy 'em at the store. Sure do wish we had some now!
Kid 2: Hey, Sam, you know what?
Kid 1: What?
Kid 2: I got some money.
(Both kids in unison): COME ON! LET'S GET SOME! RING DING RING DING WE'RE GONNA GET A RING DING.

(Kids are in store.)

Kid 1: Hey! There they are.

(sound of cellophane crinkling and being torn open)

Kid 1: Ummmm, boy.....

*pause*

Both kids : Ring Ding, Ring Ding, wish I had *another* Ring Ding!

They're not writing commercials like this anymore.

Actually, I don't know if it was Sam or the kid with the money who actually took that first bite, but I hope they shared.

Written By: kairi747 on 09/16/05 at 9:46 am

yeah, we had ho ho's too.  personally, i preferred yodels!

Check for new replies or respond here...