inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Clint Eastwood's Movies

Written By: Carl on 08/24/05 at 2:57 pm

I think he put out some the best ones in this decade. My favorites are 'Dirty Harry', 'The Gauntlet' and 'Every Which Way But Loose'. He always had his same group of actors in most of them too, all playing different rolls. I don't know most of the names. I think one or two of the bikers from the Gauntlet were in EWWBL.

Subject: Re: Clint Eastwood's Movies

Written By: loki 13 on 08/24/05 at 6:23 pm

I think he put out some the best ones in this decade. My favorites are 'Dirty Harry', 'The Gauntlet' and 'Every Which Way But Loose'. He always had his same group of actors in most of them too, all playing different rolls. I don't know most of the names. I think one or two of the bikers from the Gauntlet were in EWWBL.

My favorites from the 70's were Kelly's Heroes and the Outlaw Josie Wales. Other favorites were Heartbreak Ridge, Pale Rider and
Unforgiven. Sondra Locke, with whom he was married to at the time, appeared in most of his late 70's and early 80's movies.

Written By: Skippy on 08/24/05 at 7:39 pm

Don't forget his, UGH, spagetti westerns; Hang 'em High, A Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, High Plains Drifter. Also there was Two Mules for Sister Sarah, Magnum Force, Space Cowboys, Sudden Impact, and on and on and on..................... ;D

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 08/27/05 at 11:35 pm

Clint's best 70's movie has to be 'The Eiger Sanction'. :D

Written By: Miss Nostalgia on 08/28/05 at 12:11 am

There's also "Play Misty For Me" too isn't there

Written By: TheRemf on 09/26/05 at 1:50 pm

The two best were "The Beguiled" and "Kelly's Heroes"

Written By: Southern Image on 09/26/05 at 5:08 pm

I love Clint Eastwood. I use to watch 'Every which way, but loose' every time it came on HBO  ;D

Written By: Michael C. on 02/14/09 at 10:14 am

Just the name, Clint Eastwood, brings Dirty Harry to mind.
After starting as The Man with No Name in Sergio Leone's Westerns in the 60's and a couple big budget Films,Where Eagles Dare and Kelly's Heroes....Clint OWNED the 70's.
In addition to the Dirty Harry Films{Harry , Magnum Force , The Enforcer released in the 70's. Sudden Impact & The Dead Pool were 80's}, Eastwood's 70's body of work made Him a Superstar !!

Escape From Alcatraz (1979)
Every Which Way But Loose (1978)
The Gauntlet (1977)
The Enforcer (1976)
The Outlaw Josey Wales (1976)
The Eiger Sanction (1975)
Thunderbolt And Lightfoot (1974)
Magnum Force (1973)
High Plains Drifter (1972)
Joe Kidd (1972)
Dirty Harry (1971)
Play Misty For Me (1971)
The Beguiled (1971)

Written By: danootaandme on 02/14/09 at 11:47 am

The Beguiled is one of those little known masterpieces.  I love that one, The Eiger Sanction is a gem, too.

Written By: Michael C. on 02/14/09 at 11:58 am

Agreed  :)
I like the chances Clint took with The Beguiled {Especially the ending.......don't want to spoil it for anyone}
From the adults..to the Young ladies.....the casting was perfect
The Beguiled is one of those little known masterpieces.  I love that one, The Eiger Sanction is a gem, too.

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/16/11 at 9:42 pm

In 1982, this was supposed to be about how bad things were in Soviet Russia.

M7GPkfrNjao

But the punchline here isn't just a Yakov Smirnov joke.  This scene from Firefox depicts Eastwood bluffing his way into the USSR, but neglects to include the scene in which he got tripped up by a BDO not very long thereafter. 

I must confess that I rather enjoyed his solution to avoiding hassles with the TSA on the way out. 

Written By: whistledog on 07/16/11 at 11:59 pm

Speaking of Firefox, some of the scenes in that movie were re-used for the opening sequence of Back to the Future Part II.   

As well, in Back to the Future Part III, not only does Marty pretend to be Clint Eastwood, the 1955 sequence where he is at the Pohatchee Drive-In (just before he blasts into the old west), the movie posters seen as the featured films are Revenge of the Creature and Tarantula, both which Clint Eastwood appear in, but uncredited.

And that is my Clint Eastwood trivia of the day :D

Written By: Lindee on 08/03/11 at 4:02 pm

ALL the Dirty Harry Movies.

Written By: whiteport on 08/05/11 at 2:05 pm

The Outlaw Josey Wales was a Western Classic, Hell all of Clint's flicks are classics.

Written By: gibbo on 08/06/11 at 6:32 am

There are only a handful of actors that I could name 15-20 of their films easily. Clint is one of them...  Play Misty for Me, Dirty Harry and the Eiger Sanction were my favourites from that era.  I also liked all of his spaghetti westens ... as well as Coogan's Bluff (from the 60's). Hell ... I even liked Paint Your Wagon!  How could a film go wrong with both Lee Marvin and Clint Eastwood singing?  ;D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/17/11 at 4:20 pm

Kelly's Heroes was great.

And The Gauntlet has to be one of the all-time classic movies-they-show-on-TV-on-Saturday-afternoons.  ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...