inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favorite Norman Lear Shows of the 70's

Written By: iluvthe80s on 08/26/05 at 7:32 am

I vote for all of the above!  :)

Subject: Re: Favorite Norman Lear Shows of the 70's

Written By: Skippy on 08/26/05 at 8:53 pm

All in the Family
Sanford & Son
Good Times
The Jeffersons

Written By: GREEN67 on 08/27/05 at 1:41 am

8)I loved alot of shows then but out of the ones you listed...sanford and son..well..thats just an absolute Classic!!!..you big DUMMY!!!...I remember my parents had the old Redd Foxx albumns...he was a nasty old coot!!!...so very funny...and I really  loved Good Times...It had all the elements of  a classic show...most were funny but they also delt with such subjects as child abuse..( remember the one where Wilona ended up adopting Penny..AKA,,Janet Jackson..when she found out she was being abused..remember her mother burned her with an Iron..( that soo freaked me out!! )..Also..the one I remember being the most emotional..the Dad ..James was away working and they got the telegram saying that he had been killed..OMG..I cried so hard...Great show..

Written By: oneno on 08/27/05 at 1:45 pm

You missed Hot L Baltimore

Written By: Wacky Packages on 08/27/05 at 6:00 pm

You missed Hot L Baltimore

Actually they did not, this show did not start until very early in the 1980's (and was only on one season at that).

Although there is one other show left off the list, although it too was only on for one season in the 1970's:

"All's Fair" (I think that was the name of that show, it starred, Bernadette Peters in comedy situated in D.C. and she worked, I do believe for a U.S. Representative).

I chose "Maude" as my favorite, although my second would have to be "All In The Family". 

Written By: iluvthe80s on 08/29/05 at 7:36 am

8)I loved alot of shows then but out of the ones you listed...sanford and son..well..thats just an absolute Classic!!!..you big DUMMY!!!...I remember my parents had the old Redd Foxx albumns...he was a nasty old coot!!!...so very funny...and I really  loved Good Times...It had all the elements of  a classic show...most were funny but they also delt with such subjects as child abuse..( remember the one where Wilona ended up adopting Penny..AKA,,Janet Jackson..when she found out she was being abused..remember her mother burned her with an Iron..( that soo freaked me out!! )..Also..the one I remember being the most emotional..the Dad ..James was away working and they got the telegram saying that he had been killed..OMG..I cried so hard...Great show..

I thought the funniest moments on Sanford & Son were when he was bickering with Aunt Esther - he'd make some insult about her looks, and she'd respond with, "Watch it sucka!"  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/29/05 at 1:53 pm

I chose the Jeffersons.

Cat

Written By: Tanya1976 on 08/30/05 at 11:26 am

Honestly, I love them all. I can't pick one over the others. Norman Lear was one of the most prolific producers out there. I wish there were more like him today.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 08/30/05 at 12:46 pm

All In The Family
Sanford & Son
Good Times
The Jeffersons

:)

Written By: Valhalla on 08/31/05 at 10:40 am

i'd have to pick All in the Family.....i think that's the show that got the ball rolling.

Subject: Favorite Norman Lear Shows of the 70's

Written By: Dude111 on 12/20/17 at 11:37 am

All in the Family (I like others also though)

Written By: Howard on 12/20/17 at 2:32 pm

All in the Family (I like others also though)

I agree, All In The Family was good.

Check for new replies or respond here...