inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Help remembering a 1970's commercial

Written By: chadsdad on 09/04/05 at 12:14 pm

I'm hoping someone can help me. I remember a commercial from the 70's that may shows an animal control officer finding a dog sitting next to a couple of garbage cans. He exits his truck and is talking to this dog saying everythings gonna be ok. The dog is at an animals shelter and a young boy with his parents are looking for a dog. He notices the dog from the begining of the commercial and they adopt the dog. If it helps, there is a sog playing during the whole commercial that goes like this.
Slow beat ..."Put yourself in the place of the one who loves you, who looks up to you for everytrhing he needs... a place to live, a place to grow, a place for someone to let him know when he's right or when he's wrong." then the beat picks up and I don't remember what they sing. It may have been for the SPCA or other Humane Society. For me, it was a tear jerker when I was I child. Go figure... I'm now an Animal Cop in Massachusetts! Any help on who may have aired that commercial would be greatly appreciated.

Check for new replies or respond here...