inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What I miss about LPs- the album cover art!

Written By: Carl on 09/15/05 at 11:03 am

As a kid, I especially liked the kind that were a two record set, you opened it up and the center had such a neat photograph and wonderful shades of pastels, paint or anything that created a great picture.

Kansas' album covers were great! My favorite's were 'Monolith' and 'Leftoverature'

Santana's albums had some great artwork too. My favorite was the picture of the lion, I forget the name of this release though.

What are your favorites?

Subject: Re: What I miss about LPs- the album cover art!

Written By: whistledog on 09/15/05 at 7:22 pm

I always liked Chicago's album sleeves like the one with the wood carving, or the chocolate bar, but the best one of their 70's album sleeves was their 13 album from 1979 ...

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000021RV.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Written By: Carl on 09/16/05 at 7:20 am

Absolutely, as a big fan, their covers were neat!

Written By: Marty McFly on 09/16/05 at 7:26 am

I always liked Chicago's album sleeves like the one with the wood carving, or the chocolate bar, but the best one of their 70's album sleeves was their 13 album from 1979 ...

Hey, a little off subject, but was that the one where they tried their hand at Disco?

Just wondered if it sounded anything at all like their pop-rock/ballad sound on the 16 and 17 albums. KISS, Rod Stewart and tons of other rock artists did disco around this time, and even if alot of fans/critics didn't like it, I thought it was cool. :)

Anyway, unfortunately I don't personally own any albums, but if I had to pick a favorite cover - maybe Sports from Huey Lewis. Not just saying that because it was the real Marty McFly's favorite album (though it doesn't hurt!). ;)

Written By: GREEN67 on 09/16/05 at 8:38 am

:D  I cant remember exactually what albumn it was but it was Janis Joplin..the cover or back was a cartoon..as a kid I was fascinated by it..LOL

Written By: oneno on 09/16/05 at 10:02 am

http://pochettescd2.free.fr/pochettes/Big%20Brother%20&%20The%20Holding%20Company%20-%20Cheap%20Thrills1.jpg

Written By: whistledog on 09/16/05 at 10:04 am

Hey, a little off subject, but was that the one where they tried their hand at Disco?

That was the one yes :)

Written By: GREEN67 on 09/18/05 at 12:43 am

;D  Oneno,,,Yes!! Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats it....I remember we all..( Kids.)..used to sneak a look at the parents partys...It seemed kinda "Dirty"..LOL...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/18/05 at 12:33 pm

The two I really like are the Beatles' Sgt. Pepper and Supertramp's Breakfast in America.

Cat

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/18/05 at 7:06 pm

For starters, I always like all the Led Zeppelin covers....especially the 1979 release "In Through The Out Door" with the 4 different covers.

Written By: gord on 09/18/05 at 7:51 pm

For starters, I always like all the Led Zeppelin covers....especially the 1979 release "In Through The Out Door" with the 4 different covers.

I remember buying my copy when it was released, it came in a brown paper wrapping covering the sleeve :)

Check for new replies or respond here...