inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Kentucky Rain By Elvis

Written By: monka24 on 09/16/05 at 5:34 pm

Ok all I have a good question?  I know Elvis sang it and Eddie Rabbit wrote it, but I want to find out the purpose for it and if it was ever in a movie, and what movie. Thanks to anyone who can help me. T in RI

Subject: Re: Kentucky Rain By Elvis

Written By: AmericanGirl on 09/17/05 at 8:44 am

I looked up Kentucky Rain in a couple of my sources (Billboard).  Usually these sources are good about telling if a song was in a movie.  Since neither source mentioned it, I'm going to guess that at the time of its release, it was not in a movie.  :-\\  It's possible it was used in a movie well afterwards, though.

I don't know why it was written.  ???  Maybe if you google the song, you can get more info (I usually get some info when I google a song.  Give Google exactly this:

"Kentucky Rain"+"Elvis Presley"

(or if you prefer substitute Eddie Rabbit for Elvis Presley)  Use the quotes and plus sign in Google, that should give you better results.  Good luck!  :)

Written By: zcrito on 09/17/05 at 1:57 pm

I never knew that song was written by Eddie "I Love A Rainy Night" Rabbit.

It figures, since Elvis doesn't sound like the kind of person that would search for anyone on a "cold and rainy night". Maybe for a fried banana sandwich, but nothing else.  ::)

Written By: monka24 on 09/17/05 at 6:22 pm

Thank You both for your help still not having any luck yet.

Written By: bj26 on 09/19/05 at 11:05 am

Ok all I have a good question?  I know Elvis sang it and Eddie Rabbit wrote it, but I want to find out the purpose and if it was ever in a movie, and what movie. Thanks to anyone who can help me. T in RI
The purpose of the song is pretty obvious, broken hearted lover looking for his love in a poor sad dark and lonely place :\'( Countless number of movies, songs, stories and poems written on this theme. 

Written By: monka24 on 09/19/05 at 2:57 pm

Really, I know the meaning, but looking to see if a movie had it as a Theme and what would that movie be?

Check for new replies or respond here...