inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I LOVED THE SHOW ALICE

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/19/05 at 12:09 am

i JUST LOVED THAT SHOW..... Mel was the best, Flo too.... Wonder what ever became of the stars?  I know Vic Tayback passed away.. :\'(          Remember when Boss Hog was at the diner??? ;D

Subject: Re: I LOVED THE SHOW ALICE

Written By: monka24 on 09/19/05 at 8:15 am

I agree. I love the show as well. I remember watching it over and over.

Written By: Carl on 09/19/05 at 9:36 am

Now why the heck doesn't TV LAND run this show?! I thought is was great too.

Yes, sadly, Vic Tayback (Mel) passed away in 1990.

Written By: whistledog on 09/19/05 at 9:54 am

I used to watch Alice all the time.  9 years (1976-1985) was a long run for an excellent series!  I even remember watching the Spin-off series Flo

I know Polly Holiday (who played Flo) had a recurring role as Jill's mother on Home Improvement

Philip McKeon (who played Alice's son) is the brother of Nancy McKeon (who played Jo on The Facts of Life).  I guess he works behind the scenes now as a producer/camera operator

As for the actress that played Vera (can't remember her name), I remember seeing her in an episode of Sabrina: The Teenage Witch

:)

Written By: Perryfan on 09/19/05 at 10:09 am

I loved this show when it first started.  I had a hard time getting into it much though after Flo left and they brought in the other girl.  Can't remember her name on the show...was it Dixie or something like that?  I know she was supposed to be a southern gal.

Written By: Carl on 09/19/05 at 10:26 am

The actress who replaced the character of Flo was Diane Ladd, she played 'Belle'

Written By: Perryfan on 09/19/05 at 10:34 am

The actress who replaced the character of Flo was Diane Ladd, she played 'Belle'

Thanks!  And then wasn't there another younger blonde southern girl that they brought on...maybe to replace Vera or somebody?

Written By: Carl on 09/19/05 at 10:39 am

No, Vera was on through the very last show. I DO know who you mean though. I can't remember that actress' name or the character though.

I just checked IMDB, the actor was Celia Watson, the character was, get this 'Jolene Honeycutt'

Written By: Carl on 09/19/05 at 10:40 am

Correction, Celia WESTON was the name

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/19/05 at 11:03 am

As for the actress that played Vera (can't remember her name), I remember seeing her in an episode of Sabrina: The Teenage Witch

:)

Beth Howland

I liked the show but the two charaters that I couldn't stand were Alice and Tommy. But Mel, Vera, and Flo I just loved. After Flo left, I stopped watching it because IMO, the show went downhill.

"Mel, Kiss my grits"  ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/20/05 at 10:39 am

Now why the heck doesn't TV LAND run this show?! I thought is was great too.

Yes, sadly, Vic Tayback (Mel) passed away in 1990.
  Yes, why the heck dont they show Alice on Tv Land... It was the greatest show. I liked Belle and Jolene too  but none of them beat Flo... Oh remember Henry?  Whata weirdo....  Mels mom was a trip....... :D

Written By: Carl on 09/20/05 at 10:57 am

Mels mom was a trip

Played by the great Martha Raye-RIP

What is even more sad is that in none of the TV Land award shows was 'Alice' (ampng others) ever even mentioned! I don't get this at all, I really don't.

Yes, nobody came close to beating Flo, she was the best!  :)

I don't recall the actor who played Henry. He was in the movie 'It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, World'

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/20/05 at 11:12 am

oH i KNOW, tHE TV LAND AWARDS I THOUGHT WAS A GREAT IDEA BUT THEY MISS SOME OF THE BEST SHOWS AND ALICE WAS ONE OF THEM..... I wonder if Alice is on Dvd or anything?  aNYONE KNOW?????????

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/22/05 at 12:03 pm

I was on Ebay and they have some Alice items on there... Just passing info along ;D

Written By: ralfy on 05/25/16 at 10:51 am

"Actress Beth Howland, who played Vera on ’Alice,’ dies at 74"

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/actress-beth-howland-played-vera-alice-dies-74-article-1.2649392

Written By: Howard on 05/25/16 at 2:35 pm

"Actress Beth Howland, who played Vera on ’Alice,’ dies at 74"

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/actress-beth-howland-played-vera-alice-dies-74-article-1.2649392

R.I.P. Beth (aka Dingy)  :\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...