inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Hair-The movie

Written By: Carl on 09/22/05 at 3:33 pm

I'm curious as to what anyone thought of this film. I never saw the play, but me and my brother saw it as kids and I thought it was kind of hilarious until the end.

Also, wasn't one of the guys who played a hippie in the group 'Chicago' for a short period?

Subject: Re: Hair-The movie

Written By: Perryfan on 09/22/05 at 5:14 pm

I liked that movie.  I thought Treat Williams was so cute. ;D

I looked on www.imdb.com and the person who played Woof is named Don Dacus and it says that he was a member of Chicago for two albums.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/22/05 at 6:31 pm

I thought the movie sucked. But the play was GREAT!!!

Cat

Written By: zcrito on 09/23/05 at 3:43 am

Look who directed it

Milos "Amadeus & One Flew..." Forman.

I've only seen a very, very small part of it and what I saw didn't look that bad. Maybe I shoud see all of it?

Written By: kairi747 on 09/23/05 at 8:14 am

the first time i saw that movie, i was probably in about 8th grade.  it was when we first got hbo!  i LOVED it!  the end was definitely abrupt and so sad (yet endearing - to think he would do that for his friend).  i bought the soundtrack just a few years ago.  funny how all of the lyrics to "hair" came right back to me!

Written By: Carl on 09/23/05 at 9:07 am

The lyrics to many of the songs (amd the songs in general) were great!

You gotta love the names of the characters: Claude Hooper Buchalski, Woof, Hud(or Lafayette as his girl called him), only Treat Williams character had the one normal name, George Berger.

The music was a definite reflection of that time, which made it excellent.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/23/05 at 1:08 pm

I love the "Flesh Failures"-the last song. Such a powerful song and I always end up crying when I hear it. We recently went to see the play and sure enough, sitting there in the theatre, I was bawling my eyes out. A friend of ours was sitting next to me and was kind of surprised by my reaction. Hubby expected it (I think he also had tears in his eyes), but our friend was not prepared for my tears.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...