inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Remember 'School House Rock'?

Written By: Carl on 09/27/05 at 10:45 am

Back in the day, when Saturday morning cartoons were FUN to watch, I LOVED this segment! Shown on NBC (I think) I really thought this was a brilliant way to get knowledge across to kids without being bored, because what better way than through what we were watching, animation. What is neat is that you can buy this on VHS/DVD so that those of you who have kids now can watch what we did and enjoy.

Subject: Re: Remember 'School House Rock'?

Written By: whistledog on 09/27/05 at 10:52 am

It's School House Rocky, a chip off the block, on your favourite school house, School House Rock

I remember these (as repeats) in the 80's.  I believe it was ABC that had them as I remember ABC always had neat stuff in between cartoons :)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 09/27/05 at 11:13 am

Yeah, I sure do!

Written By: ktelqueen on 09/27/05 at 11:15 am

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php/topic,2688.0.html  :) ;)

Written By: Southern Image on 09/27/05 at 11:37 am

I always watched those.  :)

Written By: oneno on 09/27/05 at 1:21 pm

http://uts.cc.utexas.edu/~bigo/shr.gif
I remember it , but don't know if i ever learned anything from it other than being able to sing "cunjunction junction"

Written By: Carl on 09/27/05 at 1:55 pm

You are right, it was on ABC and not NBC

Written By: Mushroom on 09/28/05 at 3:11 pm

ABC had "Schoolhouse Rock".  I bought the DVD 2 years ago, and still sometimes put it in and sing along.  8)

CBS had a similar "Educational" segment called "In The News".  These were 90 second news stories, and ran from 1971 until 1982.  Christopher Glenn was the narrator of these bits, and I loved watching them.  Every week there were 5 or 6 new ones, so they never got boring.

The tried a revival in 1996-1997 with Dan Revine, but it did not last.

As far as I can remember, NBC never did anything like this.

Check for new replies or respond here...