inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: looking for a movie from the seventies ???

Written By: diabloscope on 10/01/05 at 12:48 am

The story starts as a teen moves from another town to a suburbanite  town and new school  , his father is some kind of city councilman  ? and he finds company w/ local  teenage trouble makers  there are brothers    one is deaf  takes acid  ,    the other drinks smokes  both  preteens ,,  another is a girl the she is like the leader ? and like tomboyish  , ( ?scene )  the kid steals a cop jeep a crashes it , ( ? scene )  the deaf kid takes acid and stares at the snow on the tv ? think he dies ? ( in the last scene  the parents are having a town meeting about rampaging teens , the kids take over ( RIOT ) the school lock  the parents and the teachers in the gym w/ chains , and try to burn it down  i was a kool movie from what i remember i last seen it when i was a kid, bout'  76'  78'  really have a brain fart about this ( maybe it was me trippin' on acid  lol)

Subject: Re: looking for a movie from the seventies ???

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/01/05 at 11:19 am

Could it be Angel Dusted (1981) or Desperate Lives (1982)? Both were made for TV movies and both had Helen Hunt in it.

Cat

Written By: Carl2 on 10/06/05 at 1:14 pm

No, I saw those two, and it wasn't either.

Written By: snozberries on 11/24/05 at 10:45 am

The story starts as a teen moves from another town to a suburbanite

Written By: snozberries on 12/09/05 at 12:50 pm

Watched the DVD of Over the Edge last night. I am sure this is the movie title you are looking for.

Interesting commentary on casting and fact that this film was loosely based on a real incident that happened in Foster City. Apparently the students stormed the PTA meeting but they did not riot and create the destruction to the extent that it was depicted in the film.

Check for new replies or respond here...