inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: CHEECH & CHONG ???

Written By: diabloscope on 10/01/05 at 1:33 am

OK How Many of you laughed your ass off as a kid listening to the album !!  You know the one with the big rolling paper  in the sleeve  lol  !!!      :D  and then watchin the movie when it came out ! 

Subject: Re: CHEECH & CHONG ???

Written By: whistledog on 10/01/05 at 1:36 am

which album was that?

The only album of theirs I can remember off hand was "Cheech & Chong's Greatest Hit".  It had a picture of a joint on the album sleeve  ;D

Written By: diabloscope on 10/01/05 at 1:46 am

Los Cochinos 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/01/05 at 11:06 am

OK How Many of you laughed your ass off as a kid listening to the album !!  You know the one with the big rolling paper  in the sleeve  lol  !!!      :D  and then watchin the movie when it came out ! 

I have that album-complete with the big rolling paper. I have a few of their albums and a few of their movies.

Cat

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/01/05 at 1:29 pm

Ah yes! Great stuff....I always liked Chabornick (About the dog crap), Basketball Jones, Up His Nose and the classic "Pedro & Mann AT The Drive-Inn"
"Yous shut-up or I'll get you"  "You Already did, that's what's why you're in trouble now!"

"Oh, Rip the shirt, How cliche' "
;D

Written By: zcrito on 10/01/05 at 1:56 pm

OK How Many of you laughed your ass off as a kid listening to the album !!   You know the one with the big rolling paper  in the sleeve   lol  !!!      :D  and then watchin the movie when it came out ! 

"You know the one with the big rolling paper  in the sleeve"

Was that Big Bambu?

I do remember their "Earache My Eye" from the '70s and didn't they also have a Christmas record?

Written By: diabloscope on 10/01/05 at 8:42 pm

:D  you know your right !!! :D  lol i had to look !  i have three of them big bambu    los cohcinos  and the self titled  yellow album    great sheesh  !!  too bad i dont have a record player  >:(  i just stumbled on to this forum and its bad ass now to find a player

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/01/05 at 8:49 pm

"Los Cochinos" was the one that was the side of a car....you slid the inner sleeve out to expose some Maryjane inside the door panel :D

Written By: Marty McFly on 10/01/05 at 10:07 pm

I heard that album for the first time not too long ago. Really funny. If it's the one I'm thinking, it starts off with "Hey Dave!" "Dave's not here, man". :D

Of all their movies, the original (Up in Smoke) is about tied with Cheech & Chong's Next Movie (which had a young PeeWee Herman as a supporting role!). I haven't watched either of these in ages, but the funniest part of the first one was at the beginning.

Hey man, how'm I driving?
We're parked, man. ;D

This thread makes me want to rewatch the movies!

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 10/02/05 at 12:39 am

Of all their movies, the original (Up in Smoke) is about tied with Cheech & Chong's Next Movie (which had a young PeeWee Herman as a supporting role!). I haven't watched either of these in ages, but the funniest part of the first one was at the beginning.
I caught part of Cheech & Chong's Next Movie today. I hadn't seen it in ages, and I was laughing my ass off. (Unfortunately, it just HAD to be on at the same time as the Nebraska game, so I couldn't watch the whole thing. I'll have to buy the DVD.)

Written By: GREEN67 on 10/02/05 at 10:22 pm

:o  HeeHee How many actually Used that big rolling paper...Me and some friends ..went one year as all of the gang..Cheech..Chong..cousin Red..Donna...PeeWee...Remember that one..."I Didnt Take The Money!!"...Halloween..Damn..I wish my scanner was working...these friends of mine that were Cheech and Chong were from Venezueala  SP??....The pics are Great!!...

Written By: drewbru on 10/05/05 at 8:57 pm

:o  HeeHee How many actually Used that big rolling paper...Me and some friends ..went one year as all of the gang..Cheech..Chong..cousin Red..Donna...PeeWee...Remember that one..."I Didnt Take The Money!!"...Halloween..Damn..I wish my scanner was working...these friends of mine that were Cheech and Chong were from Venezueala  SP??....The pics are Great!!...

Interesting idea for a costume, Green67!  I'd love to see the pictures -- if you ever get your scanner working, please post! 

Written By: Dominic L. on 10/05/05 at 10:31 pm

I like the one where they're at the beach and there's supposedly a shark in the water

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/06/05 at 11:24 am

I have the movie Things are Tough All Over where they each play a few characters and their wives are in the movie, too. I also have the Corsacan Brothers and not only are their wives in it, but also some of their kids-including Rae Dawn Chong.

Cat

Written By: Cafe80s on 10/16/05 at 11:18 am

I still have Big Bambu on vinyl. It's still mint aswell was hardly ever played, i think i played it twice & my friend's dad who owned it before me only played it once or twice.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/16/05 at 1:59 pm

I still have Big Bambu on vinyl. It's still mint aswell was hardly ever played, i think i played it twice & my friend's dad who owned it before me only played it once or twice.

Does yours still have the rolling paper?

Cat

Written By: Cafe80s on 10/16/05 at 11:15 pm

Cat

Don't think so, i'll have to find it & check, but i'm pretty sure from what i remember it didn't. It's a total drag to go & find it right now because it's not in the house with my record collection, it's actually in the shed in a box with a whole stack of other records i thought i'd never listen to again.

Written By: Cafe80s on 10/17/05 at 12:59 am

Cat

Actually i was wrong i just found it in amongst my other records just now. It has the rolling paper in it, but it looks more like thin piece of paper in it that has a black & white photo of Cheech & Chong, almost like a poster. It has perferated sections on the back for tearing sections off with the sticky right at the the end of each section right at the perferated bits.

Written By: vinyl lover on 10/29/05 at 9:12 pm

the christmas song was called" santa claus and his old lady"

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/30/05 at 3:55 pm

Ah yes! Great stuff....I always liked Chabornick (About the dog crap), Basketball Jones, Up His Nose and the classic "Pedro & Mann AT The Drive-Inn"
"Yous shut-up or I'll get you"  "You Already did, that's what's why you're in trouble now!"

"Oh, Rip the shirt, How cliche' "
;D

"Gimme the keys so I can get those dudes out of the trunk.  Which one is it?"
"The one with red thing on it."
"Oh WOW, man!"
What happened?  They key break off in the lock?
How did you guess?
(muffled and desperate utterances from within trunk)

I think my favorite sketches are "The Three Little Pigs," ("Eh, landlord, can we come over your house and watch cartoons," and this made the landlord REALLY mad, 'coz he haaaated cartoons...espectional the Flintsones!), and "Earache My Eye,"
"I'm not goin' to schoo!l"
"Oh, and why not?"
"'Cuz I'm sick, that's why not!"
"Sick? You're sick alright.  What's the matter with you now, prince charming?"
"I got an earache!"
"Ee-earache my eye!  How would you like a buttache?  Now you get your little fanny perpendicular and get ready for school...and clean up this room, it looks like a pigsty!"
"Oink oink oink!"
"OK, you just pushed the line young man, you're getting punished, now bend over!"
"Oh, what are ya gonna do ya pervert?"
"Pervert? Why you little..."
"Ow ow ow ow ow!"
"I haven't even touched you yet!"
(smack)
"Oh wow man, that didn't even hurt"
"Oh yeah..." (slap)
"Oh, WOW, man, what are ya tryin' ta do, tickle me?"
(teeth clenched) "Tickle you? Here, I'll TICKLE you!" (thhhhwwwwack!)
'Eeeeyowwwowowowo ow wow ow ow!"
"Now are you you gonna go to school?"
(whimpering) "Yeah, yeah..."
"Are you gonna talk back to me?"
"Yeah, yeah..."
"WHAT?"
"I mean, no, no..."

etc etc etc.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/30/05 at 4:00 pm

I have that album-complete with the big rolling paper. I have a few of their albums and a few of their movies.

Cat

Those moves got pretty lame!  They should have hung up the movie thing when they had Sarge Stedanko (Stacy Keach) take super-acid and turn into a lizard, and when they cast Pee-Wee Herman as "Howie Hamburger Dude."  That was about as far as the cinema gags were gonna go, but they put out, I think, three more, each one getting progressivley dumber!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/30/05 at 4:19 pm

I love Up In Smoke.... it's funny!  ;D

Hey how am I driving, man?
I think we're parked.

;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/31/05 at 12:46 pm

Those moves got pretty lame!  They should have hung up the movie thing when they had Sarge Stedanko (Stacy Keach) take super-acid and turn into a lizard, and when they cast Pee-Wee Herman as "Howie Hamburger Dude."  That was about as far as the cinema gags were gonna go, but they put out, I think, three more, each one getting progressivley dumber!

The movies that I have were later ones. They had gotten away from the drug-centered plots.

Cat

Written By: ramonjet on 11/09/05 at 6:20 pm

:)dave's not here

Written By: Cafe80s on 11/10/05 at 12:18 am

I love Up In Smoke.... it's funny!  ;D

Hey how am I driving, man?
I think we're parked.

;D

How do you think they're smuggling it?

Plastic Cats?
LOL

That black hustler guy Kurtis' lines always made me laugh.
These are the new cuts y'all be bad woo woo woo

I got some weed straight from Turkey boy, Yeah man from Turkey, It's what those Arabs off man, this sheesh is so bad  it'll boogey woogey on your brain.
LOL

There are heaps of little gags in the background & lots of little jokes that usually don't get noticed untill you watch it a few times, like the plastic cats line. I never noticed it till i'd watched it more than 5 or 6 times.

Check for new replies or respond here...