inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Movie, 'Pete's Dragon'

Written By: Carl on 10/11/05 at 9:34 am

I saw this film when it played at Radio City around '78 or so. It was a combination movie and a show at the beginning. They had some of the actors come out and comment on the film, that everyone will enjoy it: Shelly Winters was one of them, who was great as 'Ma' Grogan', and who can forget Helen Reddy and Mickey Rooney's performance? A very nice movie, not sure if it would fly today (no pun intended) but I found this to be very enjoyable then, and in the following years when it ran on HBO.

Subject: Re: Movie, 'Pete's Dragon'

Written By: drewbru on 10/11/05 at 9:39 am

I also remember liking "Pete's Dragon" when I was a kid back in the 70's.  The song "we've got a bill of sale right here" sticks out in my memory.  I don't think that today's kids would like it, esp. with so many other good kid's movies available ("The Incredibles", "Shrek", "Toy Story", "Beauty and the Beast", etc.).  I think that it would seem a bit dated.

Written By: karen on 10/11/05 at 9:58 am

My kids like it.  We bought it on DVD a few months ago.

Written By: Carl on 10/11/05 at 10:30 am

And that's good that many kids today are enjoying this.

The scene that sticks out in my mind is when Mickey Rooney first sees Elliot the Dragon and freaks out!  :D

Written By: karen on 10/11/05 at 11:30 am

I haven't watched all of it myself.  We've got a portable DVD player they have in the car for long journeys and they watched most of it on that I think.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/11/05 at 12:41 pm

I have the movie on video.

Cat

Written By: MLB on 10/13/05 at 2:15 pm

The songs are always comforting on a cold day when you are sick and can afford to sit there and watch old movies.
  And I love the "cave tic tac toe" scene!

Check for new replies or respond here...