inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "Beyond The Valley Of The Dolls"

Written By: 70sFreak on 10/11/05 at 10:45 am

Just thought I'd mention this delightful little X-rated gem!

One of those eccentric films from the early-70s!

Sort of a guilty pleasure of mine, really!  It's always on like every two weeks, or so, on either the independent film channel or Fox Movie channel.

I actually taped it once.

I'm no pervert, or anything.  I just love weird psyche-out movies, even the NC-17 ones!

The first "Valley Of The Dolls" was okay ('60s film, though!), but the "unintentional sequel" was a gas!

Too many people played too much into it!  It was exploitive in many ways, but it was also fun to watch!

Best part of the movie, HANDS DOWN:  Z-Man's boobs!  CLASSIC!! 

Subject: Re: "Beyond The Valley Of The Dolls"

Written By: Tanya1976 on 10/11/05 at 11:04 am

It's an hilarious movie!!!!! I love it.

Written By: 70sFreak on 10/11/05 at 11:25 am

"You've been a broad all along, aye Barzell???  A GODAMN BROAD!!!  A GODAMN UGLY BROAD, BARZELL!!!  HAH-HAH!!!  UGLY BROAD!!!  HAH-HAH!!!  NO, RONNIE!!"

"AAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!"

<<Head rolls on the ground>>

<<Twentieth Century Fox theme plays in the background>>

Written By: drewbru on 10/11/05 at 12:53 pm

Did you know that the script for this movie was written by Pulitzer Prize winning film critic, Roger Ebert?

Written By: Tanya1976 on 10/11/05 at 1:03 pm

Did you know that the script for this movie was written by Pulitzer Prize winning film critic, Roger Ebert?

yup!

Written By: 70sFreak on 10/11/05 at 1:21 pm

I knew that!  Cool!

Written By: star500 on 10/12/05 at 9:17 am

I actually wanted to watch this movie, but I don't know where to get it. I've heard its a funny movie, very crazy. But no wonder, it was directed to by Russ Meyer, Mr. Big-Boobs himself ;D I looked up the movie and was surprised to find out that Roger Ebert was the writer! :o I was very surprised to find that out, because I didn't know Roger Ebert could be so darn funny :)

Written By: 70sFreak on 10/12/05 at 10:29 am

Does anybody know where any of the people who were in the movie are right now?!  Most namely, the girl who played Kelly, the girl who played Casey, and the guys who all played Z-Man, Harris and that blonde gigilo guy?!

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 10/12/05 at 10:54 am

Does anybody know where any of the people who were in the movie are right now?!  Most namely, the girl who played Kelly, the girl who played Casey, and the guys who all played Z-Man, Harris and that blonde gigilo guy?!

If you Google the film name,  get the actors names then you can normally find a cross ref. to sites to see what each one has been up to in their careers, usually listing everything they have appeared in.
I was curious to find out about the dear little girl who played SCOUT in the film 'To Kill A Mockingbird' and what she had made of her career, cos' she played such a great part, as did the other little nippers in the film.

You can find out allsorts if you take the time to look.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 10/15/05 at 2:04 pm

Best part of the movie, HANDS DOWN:  Z-Man's boobs!  CLASSIC!! 
I first saw Beyond The Valley Of The Dolls about 10 years ago at a friend's house after we smoked a bunch of weed. When Z-Man whipped his boobs out we laughed our asses off.
I'm not 100% positive, but I think a few of the grils in the movie were actually former Playboy Playmates.

One of the weirdest f***ing movies I've ever seen.

Has anyone seen any of Russ Meyer's other films, in particular: "Faster Pussycat...KILL! KILL!" (1966)?

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/15/05 at 2:15 pm

I first saw Beyond The Valley Of The Dolls about 10 years ago at a friend's house after we smoked a bunch of weed. When Z-Man whipped his boobs out we laughed our asses off. I'm not 100% positive, but I think a few of the grils in the movie were actually former Playboy Playmates.

One of the weirdest f***ing movies I've ever seen.

Has anyone seen any of Russ Meyer's other films, in particular: "Faster Pussycat...KILL! KILL!" (1966)?
The cast list for Beyond The Valley Of The Dolls was:

Dolly Read ....  Kelly McNamara
Cynthia Myers ....  Casey Anderson
Marcia McBroom ....  Petronella Danforth
John Lazar ....  Ronnie 'Z-Man' Barzell (as John LaZar)
Michael Blodgett ....  Lance Rocke
David Gurian ....  Harris Allsworth
Edy Williams ....  Ashley St. Ives
Erica Gavin ....  Roxanne
Phyllis Davis ....  Susan Lake
Harrison Page ....  Emerson Thorne
Duncan McLeod ....  Porter Hall
James Inglehart ....  Randy Black (as Jim Iglehart)
Charles Napier ....  Baxter Wolfe
Henry Rowland ....  Otto
Princess Livingston ....  Matron

Check for new replies or respond here...