inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Prism

Written By: whistledog on 10/15/05 at 7:26 pm

This is a tough one for me as I love all of these songs.  I vote for Young and Restless :)

Subject: Re: Prism

Written By: gord on 10/15/05 at 7:30 pm

tough to pick but I'm going with Armageddon :)

Written By: ktelqueen on 10/15/05 at 8:07 pm

Spaceship Superstar

Written By: Marty McFly on 10/16/05 at 12:17 am

Until a year ago, I had absolutely no idea who they were.

But, on one of my (many) trips to the Goodwill store, I found a used tape of 80's rock someone recorded off the radio. I recognized/liked many of the songs, but some I didn't. When it got to this one medium rocker type song, I could swear it was Steve Perry singing. So much that I looked up lyrics to Journey's entire catalogue to see if I missed it, or if it was just a minor hit, etc.

I finally discovered Prism by Googling the lyrics. I've never been able to find any of their albums, but I freakin' love that one to death!

The song was "Don't Let Him Know". :)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/17/05 at 3:44 pm

I don't think I've heard any of their songs, although I am extremely familiar with songs between 1980-1982, so maybe I have. I'm gonna search for a download when I get home tonight and give them a listen!

Written By: whistledog on 05/16/09 at 1:06 pm

Prism may not have had BIG success in the States, but for a Canadian band, that's better than many did ...

1977 - Spaceship Superstar
1978 - Take Me to the Kaptin
1978 - Flyin'
1978 - Take Me Away
1979 - You're Like the Wind
1979 - Armageddon
1980 - Night to Remember
1980 - Young and Restless
1980 - Cover Girl
1982 - Don't Let Him Know
1982 - Turn on Your Radar

Written By: Frank on 05/16/09 at 4:40 pm

I voted for "Night to remember"
Many of those songs are good.

The actual FIRST concert I ever saw was Prism, back in 1978 or 1979. It was before the release of their album ARMAGEDDON LP. Too bad, woudl have liked to hear songs off that album (Virgina, You walked away again, Night to remember, Armageddon)

Not to many at that concert, only a hundred or so.

Check for new replies or respond here...