inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bad Company

Written By: OliverDK on 10/19/05 at 2:09 pm

I have a silver album with Bad Company titled "Run With the Pack" but don't know anything about the band, so can anyone tell me about them please?

Subject: Re: Bad Company

Written By: whistledog on 10/19/05 at 2:22 pm

Bad Company was a British Rock Band that formed in 1973.  In their career, they were quite popular in America.  The group consisted of members from other bands:  Paul Rodgers and Simon Kirke (Free), Mick Ralphs (Mott the Hoople) and Boz Burrell (King Crimson)

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B000002JSL.01._PE8_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

The Bad Company Singles Discography (with Billboard Chart Positions)

1974 - Can't Get Enough (US #5)
1975 - Movin' On (US #19)
1975 - Good Lovin' Gone Bad (US #36)
1975 - Feel Like Makin' Love (US #10)
1976 - Young Blood (US #20)
1976 - Honey Child (US #59)
1977 - Burning Sky (US #78)
1979 - Rock 'n Roll Fantasy (US #13)
1979 - Gone Gone Gone (US #56)
1982 - Electricland (US #74)
1986 - This Love (US #85)
1989 - Shake it Up (US #82)
1990 - Holy Water (US #89)
1990 - If You Needed Somebody (US #16)
1991 - Walk Through Fire (US #28)
1992 - How About That (US #38)
1993 - This Could Be the One (US #87)

In 1985, Paul Rodgers (along with Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin) formed a side project called The Firm and recorded two albums.  Their 1985 sngle "Radioactive" was a top 40 hit in the U.S.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000002IHO.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Written By: OliverDK on 10/19/05 at 4:23 pm

Thanks a lot, that helped.

Written By: whistledog on 10/20/05 at 7:40 pm

Thanks a lot, that helped.

you're welcome :)

Written By: bj26 on 10/21/05 at 7:37 am

I have a silver album with Bad Company titled "Run With the Pack" but don't know anything about the band, so can anyone tell me about them please?
I can tell you what I liked about the band was they were a tight group with a raw tough sound that I believe was appealing to American tastes! It wasn't quite a southern US type sound but it was distinctive and the group was made up of exceptional musicians, therefore if you like pure rock, Bad Company/Free would provide!

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/21/05 at 5:01 pm

A lot of their songs are played on our local classic rock stations. I actually find my favorite song of theirs to be "Running with the Pack."

Written By: OliverDK on 10/22/05 at 12:01 am

I got the "Run With the Pack" album by a dutch girl I knew, she bought it because of the picture on the cover, I had all but forgotten I had it, until I finally got around to cataloging my record collection, so I hadn't really listened to it before, and I say that there is no doubt that they're a 70s rock band, reminding me about the early Queen with a touch of Slade, all in all a pretty good record.

Written By: DD on 11/06/05 at 6:16 pm

One of my all time favorites....

"Shooting Star"

Paul Rogers is still touring under his name, and there is still a "Bad Company" faction as well.
If you ask me Paul rogers is "Bad Company".

deacon

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 11/08/05 at 3:20 pm

Great band!  I love almost everything they've done!

"Shooting Star" is my favorite, followed closely by "Feel Like Makin' Love'"... 8)

Check for new replies or respond here...