inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Crazy Lady Pantyhose

Written By: Kiera on 10/21/05 at 5:40 pm

Does anyone remember what this commercial was about?  Was it pantyhose?  I remember hearing it but everyone I talk to seems to think it was NOT for pantyhose but something else.

Subject: Re: Crazy Lady Pantyhose

Written By: al on 09/09/06 at 9:34 am

What I remember is this.....

The lady is loading groceries into the trunk of her car.  The announcer wants to ask her a question, so he starts with "excuse me, you might think I'm crazy lady....."  She interupts him "crazy lady?.....crazy lady pantyhose???.....oh, I use them all the time".   Meanwhile the guy the was trying to ask her something else.  Beyond that, I can't remember anything else.  Terrible branding obviously, since we all remember the pantyhose but not the actual product they were trying to sell.

Written By: FaultyDog on 09/09/06 at 10:20 am

I'm not expert on this matter, so I did a search using the above phrase and apparently it was an ad for Buff Whelan.

Hope that helps. :)

Written By: shalafarky on 02/14/07 at 8:42 pm

I'm not expert on this matter, so I did a search using the above phrase and apparently it was an ad for Buff Whelan.

Hope that helps. :)

where did u find this?  buff whelan is a chevy dealership in the detroit area.  i loved this commercial!!!  my wife thinks i'm nuts b/c whenever she calls me crazy (frequently), I automatically reply with crazy?  crazy lady pantyhose?  she thinks i'm somewhat bizarre.  :D

Written By: BILL STUDEBAKER on 08/20/07 at 4:01 pm

where did u find this?  buff whelan is a chevy dealership in the detroit area.  i loved this commercial!!!  my wife thinks i'm nuts b/c whenever she calls me crazy (frequently), I automatically reply with crazy?  crazy lady pantyhose?  she thinks i'm somewhat bizarre.   :D

Written By: whistledog on 08/21/07 at 12:37 am

Written By: Jeanna on 10/17/07 at 1:14 pm

::)
This cracks me up! I say this all the time and no one seems to remember the commercial at all and I could not remember what the commercial was for! I was laughing here all by myself when I read the replies. Thanks everyone!

Does anyone remember what this commercial was about?  Was it pantyhose?  I remember hearing it but everyone I talk to seems to think it was NOT for pantyhose but something else.

Written By: John on 11/22/07 at 11:24 am

The ad was for Buff Whelan Chevrolet. I knew the shopper personally. Her name was Bobbi Giovannini. the ad was pulled after a couple of years because the trunk on that model year's Chevy was very distinctive. You may also remember her as the Wonder Bread squeezer and the shopper in the Farmer Jack spots where she is fretting the price of her groceries at the checkout.

Written By: Chris on 01/08/10 at 11:49 am

Yes I remember the commercial! Reading about your wifes reactions to you made me smile.  Here's a question for you: Do you remember the Highland Appliance radio commercials that always started out with: Today thousands of people will shop at Highland Appliance. But who and why? Let's find out...Sir, your name and what do you do? And they had a bunch of different characters like Harold Kleeper the sleep walker, Butch Bedawsik the bully, Mr. Moss the rumor starter and others. They were great spots!

Written By: oingo_fan on 01/09/10 at 2:02 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQA8S08eYB4

Born and raised in the Metro Detroit area, still remember this one...

Check for new replies or respond here...