inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Worst 70s Disaster Movie

Written By: Tia on 10/22/05 at 2:18 pm

i'm gonna have to go with that terrible (yet very funny!) concorde movie. but again, i don't want to influence anybody.

you can vote twice in either one, in case you're having trouble making up your mind.

Subject: Re: Worst 70s Disaster Movie

Written By: Dagwood on 10/23/05 at 6:16 pm

I would have to go with The Poseidon Adventure.  I will admit to loving all the airplane disaster movies.  I don't know why, I just do.

Written By: whiteport on 10/23/05 at 7:27 pm

i'm gonna have to go with that terrible (yet very funny!) concorde movie.

Me Too.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/23/05 at 7:28 pm

I'm afraid I'm the lone person who doesn't like the Aiport series....  ::)

Written By: whistledog on 10/23/05 at 7:38 pm

I'm afraid I'm the lone person who doesn't like the Aiport series....  ::)

I liked the way they were spoofed in the 80's Airplane movies  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/23/05 at 7:52 pm

I liked the way they were spoofed in the 80's Airplane movies  ;D

Me too!  ;D

Written By: Tia on 10/23/05 at 8:45 pm

Me too!  ;D

one thing about airport 79 (i'm sorry to keep bringing this movie up, but i was aghast! simply aghast!) is that, isn't george kennedy in the airplane movies too? in airport 79 it feels like he's already developing his over-the-top character he played in the airplane movies. he's really just not taking any of it seriously at all, and i don't blame him in the least.

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 10/24/05 at 3:58 am

I picked :

the concorde: airport '79

and

earthquake

I can still picture the scene where the semi-trailer full of cows plummets off the overpass, and all the cows tip out, all straight-legged (which you tend to do, if you're a plastic cow)  ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Tia on 10/24/05 at 5:47 am

nice! i remember when earthquake came out, i went with my folks to see some other movie and peeked into the theater where earthquake was playing and it was running to a completely empty theater. so, bit of a flop, that.

for whatever reason, i was struck as a kid with that scene where the elevator falls with all those people in it and when it hits the bottom of the shaft all this animated blood goes everywhere.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 10/24/05 at 6:03 pm

I would say avalanche b/c I can't recall it right now.

Written By: jaytee on 10/24/05 at 6:15 pm

Poseidon Adventure - I loved that movie!

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 10/24/05 at 6:52 pm

I caught part of the Hindenburg movie a while back, it was pretty bad.

Written By: Southern Image on 11/03/05 at 12:34 pm

towering inferno

Written By: Suicidal Blonde on 11/03/05 at 5:59 pm

the swarm

Written By: Tia on 11/04/05 at 11:44 am

the swarm

ah, yes, the swarm! the movie that dares to tell it like it is.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051104/od_nm/bees_dc

"Bees attack dozens of Baltimore schoolchildren Fri Nov 4, 8:25 AM ET

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Dozens of children at a Baltimore-area elementary school were stung by bees after stumbling upon them during a science lesson on Thursday, fire department officials said.

The entire second-grade class of about 100 students at Deep Creek Elementary School was studying trees in nearby woods when one child disturbed a nest of bees.

The distressed bees stung 47 children, two of whom suffered a mild allergic reaction.

"There was a bit of pandemonium at the school for a while, but nobody was seriously hurt," said a fire department spokeswoman, adding that classes continued.

Seven children went home with their parents, while the other 40 were taken to the hospital as a precaution, she said. "

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 11/04/05 at 9:22 pm

ah, yes, the swarm! the movie that dares to tell it like it is.
Anyone hear about this incident?

A.J. Foyt attacked by bees

HOUSTON (AP) — A.J. Foyt was able to go to his office Monday, just two days after being stung by nearly 200 bees at his ranch in Hempstead, Texas.
Foyt spokeswoman Anne Fornoro told The Associated Press that the 70-year-old, four-time Indianapolis 500 winner was driving a bulldozer Saturday, clearing brush, when he apparently stirred up a nest of bees. She said Foyt jumped off the bulldozer and started to run for a nearby stream, but he tripped and the bees swarmed onto him.

He was stung dozens of times on the face and upper body before finally scrambling into the water.

Fornoro said a man working nearby called 911. Foyt was treated at the scene, but refused a trip to the hospital.

"He says he was stung in the mouth, the ears, the throat, all over his face and that his eyes are really swollen, but he's doing OK," Fornoro said.

Foyt is owner of an Indy Racing League team with his grandson, A.J. Foyt IV, as the driver

Check for new replies or respond here...