inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Halloween

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/23/05 at 10:54 am

Who here has seen Halloween?  The first one is my favorite, least favorite the craptacular Halloween 3: Season of The Witch.  ::)

Subject: Re: Halloween

Written By: whistledog on 10/23/05 at 11:06 am

I never saw Season of the Witch, but I heard it was really bad

I did see the original, and I saw the 6th one in theatres many years ago.  Nothing tops the original.

These movies used to really scare the hell out of me, until I realized something.  The Michael Meyers mask was modeled after William Shatner's face, so the thought of a man in a Shatner mask coming at you with a knife is hilarious ;D

They are still great horror flicks though.  I didn't like that last one with Busta Rhymes.  That dude is a big loud mouth.  lol

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/23/05 at 2:10 pm

My question is how many times does Michael Myers has to get killed before he stays dead?

Cat

Written By: ValleyGirl on 10/23/05 at 2:22 pm

I love the first 2 Halloween movies.  Actually I just watched Season of the Witch for the first time in 20 years, just a few nights ago.  People wondered where Michael Meyers was...but John Carpenter and Debra Hill never meant to do a sequel everytime with Michael Meyers in it, what they originally wanted to do is make a horror movie that revolved around Halloween, but had nothing to do with each other, except that they were on Halloween.  Actually I did not mind Season of the Witch...infact I thought it was pretty freaky. I might watch it again right around actual Halloween.  If you watch part 3...there are a couple scenes where Halloween (part 1) is playing on the TV.  I actually just watched the original The Fog the other night too, and John Carpenter and Debra Hill do commentary on this DVD about Halloween and also the Fog...I never knew that John Carpenter and Adrienne Barbeau were married and have a child together...which I am pretty sure is his only child. It is sad that Debra Hill just died recently of cancer.

They are in post production right now for Halloween 9...I saw part 4, and it was ok, and I saw H-20, which was awful, and everyone else said all the other ones stink.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/23/05 at 4:43 pm

My question is how many times does Michael Myers has to get killed before he stays dead?

Cat

;D

I kinda like the series (except for part 3.....  ::)) but just kill the mother****** allready!  ::)  ;D

Written By: Tanya1976 on 10/23/05 at 6:03 pm

The first two are true horror films. The others are full of crap!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/23/05 at 7:27 pm

:o

We have a duplicate thread!

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php/topic,13925.0.html

Written By: robby76 on 10/23/05 at 8:37 pm

You almost have a triplicate thread. I discussed why Halloween was my favourite movie in this threead:-

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php/topic,3562.0.html

Written By: ralfy on 09/27/16 at 8:11 am

"John Carpenter: Rob Zombie 'lied' over Halloween remake"

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/sep/26/john-carpenter-rob-zombie-lied-halloween-remake

Written By: Ripley on 10/01/16 at 7:46 pm

Cat

That we will never no 🔪

Written By: Ripley on 10/01/16 at 7:47 pm

All but #3 I like

Written By: AcoBrasil on 10/28/16 at 11:25 am

I love the first 2 Halloween movies.  Actually I just watched Season of the Witch for the first time in 20 years, just a few nights ago.  People wondered where Michael Meyers was...but John Carpenter and Debra Hill never meant to do a sequel everytime with Michael Meyers in it, what they originally wanted to do is make a horror movie that revolved around Halloween, but had nothing to do with each other, except that they were on Halloween.  Actually I did not mind Season of the Witch...infact I thought it was pretty freaky. I might watch it again right around actual Halloween.  If you watch part 3...there are a couple scenes where Halloween (part 1) is playing on the TV.  I actually just watched the original The Fog the other night too, and John Carpenter and Debra Hill do commentary on this DVD about Halloween and also the Fog...I never knew that John Carpenter and Adrienne Barbeau were married and have a child together...which I am pretty sure is his only child. It is sad that Debra Hill just died recently of cancer.

They are in post production right now for Halloween 9...I saw part 4, and it was ok, and I saw H-20, which was awful, and everyone else said all the other ones stink.

Carpenter only directed the 1st one, which is frequently cited as one of the best horror movies ever made. It works on a very different level than the Exorcist, which relies heavily on gore and atmospherics. The soundtrack, atmosphere, and camerawork are what make this such a standout IMO.  Like all great suspense movies, the viewer is left waiting in dread for something to happen through much of the movie.  Michael flashes across the screen a few times to fuel the dread. Minimalism is always best in suspenseful horror as many newer directors have learned and successfully applied.  2-4 were worth watching, but nothing touches the original. I never saw any of the others.

If you like the first, I recommend you check out the original Friday the 13th, the Omen, Annabelle, the Conjuring, and my personal favorite - Session 9.

http://www.ohmb.net/showthread.php?20762-Halloween-vs-The-Exorcist

Written By: 80sfan on 10/28/16 at 1:15 pm

I like all of them, even Part 3.  8)

Written By: 80sfan on 02/08/17 at 1:51 pm

Slashers are kind of fizzling out. I'm not sure that Halloween fans will ever get another installment again!  :P

Written By: Howard on 02/08/17 at 2:44 pm

Slashers are kind of fizzling out. I'm not sure that Halloween fans will ever get another installment again!  :P

What number are they up to this time? ???

Written By: 80sfan on 02/08/17 at 4:18 pm

What number are they up to this time? ???

Ten. And that's including the Myerless Halloween III, and the Rob Zombie installments.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/09/17 at 4:53 am

Released straight to DVD?

Written By: 80sfan on 02/09/17 at 6:21 am

Released straight to DVD?

Since I'm a fan of the series, I'll always watch it, even if it's straight to DVD.  :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/09/17 at 6:46 am

Since I'm a fan of the series, I'll always watch it, even if it's straight to DVD.  :D
...and cheaply made?

Written By: 80sfan on 02/09/17 at 6:53 am

...and cheaply made?

;D  ;D

Written By: Howard on 02/09/17 at 7:00 am

Ten. And that's including the Myerless Halloween III, and the Rob Zombie installments.

Are they willing to do a Halloween 10? ???

Written By: 80sfan on 02/09/17 at 7:08 am

Are they willing to do a Halloween 10? ???

Don't you mean H11?  :D

Written By: Howard on 02/09/17 at 2:19 pm

What would the name be for Halloween 11? ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/10/17 at 4:19 am

If 20 Halloween films are made it would become H2O, a water based film?

Written By: Howard on 02/10/17 at 7:07 am

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BNzA3ZjMzZWItNWUyNy00ZmNiLWIwYmYtN2UxNWUwMGY5Yzc2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_UY268_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Written By: 80sfan on 02/10/17 at 3:32 pm

http://www.foodielovesfitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/glass-of-water.jpg

Written By: Tia on 02/11/17 at 9:34 pm

I like all of them, even Part 3.  8)
part 3 is amazeballs. i love how they made it have nothing whatever to do with the first two, and then it had this totally insane sci-fi shocker plotline. i heard they wanted to turn it into a TV series (like that underrated "friday the 13th" TV series they did for a while) but the rage it prompted caused them to deep six that idea.

Written By: 80sfan on 02/11/17 at 11:04 pm

part 3 is amazeballs. i love how they made it have nothing whatever to do with the first two, and then it had this totally insane sci-fi shocker plotline. i heard they wanted to turn it into a TV series (like that underrated "friday the 13th" TV series they did for a while) but the rage it prompted caused them to deep six that idea.

I have a perverse, guilty pleasure, for the horrible, Halloween 5. The Myers house looks nothing like the original Myers house!

Written By: Howard on 02/12/17 at 2:24 pm

I have a perverse, guilty pleasure, for the horrible, Halloween 5. The Myers house looks nothing like the original Myers house!

What was Halloween 6? ???

Written By: Tia on 02/12/17 at 8:46 pm

I'll check it out.

Written By: 80sfan on 02/13/17 at 3:53 pm

I'll check it out.

I'd say for most people it would turn out to be a pretty horrible movie.  ;D

It's like they wrote and filmed the movie all in two days, or something. Like when I drew these sloppy comics
in a day! The artwork was horrible.  :-X  :-X

Written By: Dude111 on 07/08/17 at 3:33 pm

The first two are true horror films. The others are full of crap!

I agree Tanya........ I love the first one (1978) -- I have the 2nd release on VHS by Media (1979) and its excellent!!!!!!

The first one is the best!!

Written By: Butterball on 01/07/18 at 8:50 pm

Halloween, the original is my favorite horror movie of all time. Did not care for any of the sequels. Halloween 2 was watchable, but really didn't care for it. The first time I saw Halloween was in 1979 when you could pick up HBO with a set top box and a dish on the roof. I make it a point to watch it every year on Halloween.

Written By: Howard on 01/08/18 at 5:02 am

Halloween, the original is my favorite horror movie of all time. Did not care for any of the sequels. Halloween 2 was watchable, but really didn't care for it. The first time I saw Halloween was in 1979 when you could pick up HBO with a set top box and a dish on the roof. I make it a point to watch it every year on Halloween.

What about Halloween 3? ???

Written By: Butterball on 01/08/18 at 9:14 pm

What about Halloween 3? ???

Nah...All the sequels sucked.

Written By: Dude111 on 01/09/18 at 6:38 pm

Ya none are really as g00d as the original!!!

Check for new replies or respond here...