inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Does anyone remember the movie "Getting Married?"

Written By: star500 on 10/24/05 at 3:11 pm

My mom told me she saw this movie and she told me it was really good. It had Bess Armstrong, Fabian, Mimi Kennedy and Mark Harmon on it. It's about a man who falls in love with a pretty young newscaster and tries to get her to marry him before she marries her fiance. My mom was telling me that the only part she remembered really well was the part when the guy (who I think was Fabian) rides up on a horse and sccops her up and rides off into the sunset *sighs* Sooooo romantic ;D

Subject: Re: Does anyone remember the movie "Getting Married?"

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/24/05 at 6:29 pm

I think I saw that but don't remember it too well.

Cat

Written By: robby76 on 10/29/05 at 10:38 pm

star 500 - WOW  this is my favourite film ever (well one of)!!! I've been searching for it for over 10 years! I used to have it on video for ages until my Mum threw it away by mistake.

It really is a great late 70's film. Such nice settings and great era. Me and my brothers/sisters used to watch it all the time as kids along with a few other "select" films. It was actually a "made for tv" movie which is why it's harder to come across on video/dvd.

The lead actor was actually Richard Thomas (aka John Boy in the Waltons). And yes a young Mark Harmon (pic below) starred as well. And yes Richard Thomas rides up as a knight in shining armour (literally in full costume), barges into the church and carries off his woman (leaving poor Mark Harmon jilted at the altar).

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/miester30/markharmon.jpg

Other great guest stars included:- Audra Lindley (Mrs Roper in Three's Company) and Katherine Helmond (Mona in Who's The Boss) as the mothers-in-law!

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0077608/

IF ANYONE HAS THIS FILM - PLEASE CONTACT ME!!!

Written By: star500 on 10/31/05 at 9:31 am

WOW!!! I don't think I have ever seen a picture of Mark Harmon when he was so young. He was adorable!!! I didn't realize that it was Richard Thomas in the movie, I just assumed it was John Ritter cuz he was in everything at that time ::) I wish this movie would come on TV again so that I could see it. Only my mom has seen it. If it comes on TV I will get my mom to tape it or I will.

Written By: robby76 on 10/31/05 at 10:52 am

I'll be on the lookout - I've managed to track down almost all of my fave rare retro tv movies... and this is last on my list! A good one of the same genre is "Flying High" in 1978 about 3 air hostesses - kinda romantic, but funny nonetheless.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PAL-VIDEO-Flying-High-1978-Connie-Selleca_W0QQitemZ6447649012QQcategoryZ60932QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Check for new replies or respond here...