inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Land of the Lost

Written By: ValleyGirl on 10/25/05 at 8:48 pm

It probably has been talked about on here before...But, I was a huge fan of the show. I bought season 1 on DVD. I loved the special features...like the interview with Kathy Coleman and Wesley.....and the game with Philip Paley...Chaka actually looks pretty good all grown up.  ;)

Did anyone else see it.

I would never even recognize Kathy Coleman if I saw her walking down the street, she looks nothing like she did as a kid.

Subject: Re: Land of the Lost

Written By: Tia on 10/25/05 at 9:59 pm

omg! chaka! see, here's the thing, i haven't seen a land of the lost since it was actually in broadcast syndication and i'm afraid i'll see it and be all let down, like i was with electrawoman and dynagirl.

if it's out on DVD i'll definitely "netflix" it because i remember loving that show. somebody always got kidnapped by the sleastacks! and there was always that scene where the dinosaur all cornered them in the cave but couldn't fit its head in. they did that every time! i loved that show!

Written By: Tia on 10/26/05 at 8:46 am

which is the best season, do you think? i'll get season one.

netflix rules.

Written By: ValleyGirl on 10/26/05 at 10:02 am

Seasn one is definately the best. I think Seasons 2 & 3 are also out on DVD. I was not let down. I loved that show. I love the song at the end....that Wesley sings.

It goes...

When I look all around ...
I can't believe the things I've found...
I need to find my way...
I'm lost, I'm lost....find me....
Living in the Land of the Lost....

I also loved Electra Woman and Dyna Girl....

Did you see the VH-1 special Where are they Now? Superheroes?? I have it.

Joanna Cameron (Isis) was on it...it was so funny being able to talk to her about it, cause I know exactly where she was and where that was filmed and everything about it.

Judy Strangis (Dyna Girl) was also on the same episode.

So was ...

Dick Durock (Swamp Thing)

alot of the Catwomen...who I have meet....

I have meet Lee Merriweather and Julie Newmar....and I got to meet Adam West (Batman)

Both Captain Marvel and Billy Batson were on that same episode.

I use to love Saturday Morning TV.

I collect some memorbillia from then...I have some old TV Guides too ...and when I look at the stuff that was on TV, and we only had 10 basic channels...there was still more on those channels...then there is now on 100 channels.

I have a friend who tries to find me collectible stuff from the 70's and 80's...she found me a Land Of the Lost book at a yard sale for .10...but I thought it was the coolest thing ever.

Written By: Tia on 10/26/05 at 11:51 am

i think we were separated at birth, valleygirl.:)

i actually have an electrawoman and dynagirl vhs from rhino, they discontinued it and last i checked the old tapes were pulling in sixty bucks on ebay (though i threw away the box and anyway, i ain't sellin'!). i guess for a while it was hard to get EW/DG on video. i dunno if that's still true.

i remember that land of the lost song being pretty catchy but i can't remember how it goes. i put it on the top of my queue so i'll know just as soon as i send back this beatles anthology thang i'm watching now.

Written By: ValleyGirl on 10/26/05 at 12:20 pm

Hey Tia....maybe we were.....since your Tia...I could be Tony??? Ha.

I have the Kid Rhino tape too...It has an episode of Electra Woman & Dyna Girl on it, and also Bigfoot and Wilboy...do you remember that?? Magic Mongo? Dr. Shrinker? Wonder Bug?? Those were awesome...I never got in to H.R. Puff N Stuff...but The Bugaloos were pretty cool.

I have every epsiode of Sigmund and the Seamonsters on VHS, but they are releasing the whole series to DVD very soon.

I have a Sigmund and the Seamonsters Board game.

The beginning Land of the Lost song goes:

Marshall, Wil, and Holly...
On a routine expedition...
heard the greatest Earthquake ever known.....
High on the rapids...it struck their tiny raft,
and plunged them down...
a thousand feet below....
to the Land of the Lost.....
to the Land of the Lost....

I loved it....I used to pretend when we were kids that we were playing we lived in Land of the Lost, and we'd play on the front porch, like that was our cave...and Grumpy was going to get us, and we would take stones from the drive way and make a pretend fire, and take leaves off the hedges and make beds, and we enterttained ourselves all day long, we played in the woods too, and climbed rocks and pretended we were climbing the big rocks up to the cave.

Here's a picture of some of my memorbillia. I just remodeled my gameroom, and I have a shelf that goes the whole way around the top of it, and I have all my 70's and 80's stuff on it, like a wall border.

Remember Enik?  The only talking Sleestack?? Remember the Pylons, and the crystals??

It was so cool.

Written By: Tia on 10/26/05 at 12:32 pm

could be you're tony, if so we better find uncle bene and fly off this rock fast! haha. maybe we could boost a museum full of gold bars first.

i remember the sleastacks and having a crush on holly when i was about five, and the big studly dad. the sleastacks had the funny instrument panel thingy they always messed with, with all the pyramids on it? and for whatever reason i remember really clearly the little toy boat going over the waterfall in the title sequence, it was so fakey.

i remember wonderbug real vaguely. i was big on far-out space nuts (i remember people were bringing that show up recently when bob denver passed on), because rockets were KEEN. i have the funny feeling i wouldn't like that show now. EW/DG and land of the lost have camp value but i feel like far out space nuts would just be kinda too over the top.

Written By: ValleyGirl on 10/26/05 at 12:48 pm

Far Out Space Nuts....was weird. I never really liked it back then. There are so many shows though that I do wish kids could see now, because they were so awesome.

Do you remember the show: Search and Rescue-The Alpha Team???

It was about a Dad and his 2 teenage kids, a girl and a boy, and they had this whole team of animals...from a Hawk..to a lion, to panthers...and they lived in the Mountains...where animals they trained would have to go find people that got lost or were in an accident.

I loved anything that had animals. I loved Grizzly Adams. I loved the movies with The Wilderness Family

Kids love animals.

When I was a kid...I had an Aunt who worked for Greenpeace, Funds for Animals and Defenders of Wildlife. We raised a ton of baby animals because of being orphaned or abandoned. I help raise: 6 raccoons, a red fox, a groundhog, a skunk, a gray squirrel, and a Hawk. The Hawk I stopped this kids from stoning it to death at summer camp when I was about 13, and I brought it home, cause it was a baby and couldn't fly...and I taught it to fly....and it would land on our dog's back, and he'd walk around with it on him, it was so cool.
I think that is why I loved Isis so much, cause she was involved with animals so much.

I think kids should have all of that stuff on TV now. We had so much...we had all the After School Specials. We had all the tv specials- I have never seen the Garfield Halloween special on TV since I was a kid, and there was so much for kids, and now when they need it more than ever, there is nothing. It is a drag.

Written By: Tia on 10/26/05 at 1:10 pm

wow, you're firing off synapses i haven't fired in like two decades. i remember the grizzly adams thing, i used to watch that a lot. search and rescue sounds vaguely, vaguely, vaguely familiar. was it animated? or live action? (how about the heidi movies! remember they used to always rerun those? they were very woodsy.) swiss family robinson? oh, yeah. i lost many a sunday afternoon on that stuff.

i have to be honest, i have NO idea what kids are watching nowadays. it's funy because back then there were, what, eight channels,maybe? so we were all by and large watching the same things, whereas nowadays there's a hundred trillion channels on and so everybody's watching different stuff. i'm sorta getting into it with my housemates because they're big on cable and i'm like, i really don't see the point of any kind of broadcast t.v. anymore. it made sense back in the day because it was a kind-of social phenomenon, you know, people would all watch the same episode of inspector gadget or whatevr and then you could talk about it in school the next day. nowadays it's all over the place so i'll just stick with netflix, that totally satisfies my t.v. needs.

i mean, i do volunteer stuff at the local public access t.v. station, right? and there were these two teenage kids there a coiuple months ago and they started talking about current t.v. shows, i forget, i think i brought up "firefly" or something, and this one kid starts talking about all these different shows he likes and, i kid you knot, he gets out a laptop and opens up lotus 1-2-3 or something and there's his database of all the shows he likes, there's thousands of em. and that's what you have to do now, i guess, because there's just so much STUFF out there.

Written By: ValleyGirl on 10/26/05 at 1:31 pm

I have no clue where that kid came up with stuff to watch, cause I have a 12 year old...and there is nothing on TV....not one thing geared towards him. He sometimes watches TVLand and Nick at Nite...he likes stuff like Sanford & Son, The Fresh prince of BelAir, and Macgyver, and The Dukes of Hazzard.

I can tell ya what was on TV ....we had everything...from game shows that were awesome.....like Card Sharks, Bowling for Dollars, The Newly Wed Game, the Joker's Wild, Match Game, Scrabble....there was so much variety....

My Grandparents had PBS, and The Waltons and Lawrence Welk....

My momhad nighttime soaps like Dallas, and she loved the mini series like Shogun, Roots, and The Thornbirds...

Me and my brother had:

The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew
Alice
Eight is Enough
The Bionic Woman
The Six Million Dollar Man
Grizzly Adams
The Greatest American Hero
The A-Team
Macgyver
Wonder Woman
Starsky & Hutch
F-Troop
I Dream of Jeannie
The Munsters
Sanford & Son
All in the Family
The Muppet Show
Wild Kingdom
Real People
That's Incredible
Dance Fever
Solid Gold
ChiPs
Baretta
Three's Company
Happy Days
Laverne & Shirley
Charlies' Angels
The Love Boat
One Day at a Time
The Jeffersons
The Incredilbe Hulk- That was awesome on Friday night!! I have every episode
The Dukes of Hazzard
Little House on the Prairie
Different Strokes
The Facts of Life
Silver Spoons
Buck Rogers
Fantasy Island
BJ and the Bear

Ever night we were glued to the TV. And they had all the made for TV specials...like Circus of the Stars and The Battle of the Network Stars

There is nothing on like these shows for kids now...not one thing...they are watching crap tv...like most people are....I couldn't wait to come home from school and even watch old reruns of my mom's shows...like The LoneRanger, the old Batman, Rin Tin Tin, Lassie.

They use to play movies after school too...awesome movies..one 1 want bad is called.... When we first Meet it has Amy Linker in it from Square Pegs...she plays a girl who's sister was killed by a drunk driver, and the boy she falls in love with...his mother was the drunk driver, except they didn't know it...and it a great story.

I loved The Afterschool Specials, and am glad they released alot of them to DVD.

It bothers me every day that my kid tells me how nobody in his class socializes with each other. We are having a huge Halloween party here Saturday night...and the parents that are cool...they call me and say...is it for a birthday???And I said no...we love Halloween...and they say...well nobody around here every has a Halloween party...and they can't believe we are doing one.

We had kids at my house every day after school, we spent the weekends at each others houses, we played outside on our bikes, and made cabins, and played board games...and it was all fun, and now kids sit glued to a video game. And they are mean. I have notice that in raising a child in this day and age...My son is in 6th grade....every since he was in 1st grade...he has been terrorized by kids...mostly girls, they are wicked mean, and I don't get it at all. I think there's a huge problem with the world that nobody wants to face, cause it has gotten so totally out of control...but it is reflected on TV big time.

Written By: Tia on 10/26/05 at 1:46 pm

i keep going through this list going, yeah, but did you remember one day at a time? real people? and then i read it again and there they are. i think that's all of em.

the only thing i can think of is, wasn't there a "flo" spinoff off of alice? which one was it said "kiss my grits"? hardy boys/nancy drew was a personal fave, there was always something my parents wanted to watch at the same time and i would browbeat them until they let me watch hardy boys. didn't they show them at the same time, sorta back to back? the hardies and nancy? i was more into nancy drew, for obvious reasons. there are some ike eisenmann (you know, tony) after-school specials he was in, one was called, um, the technicolor world of duffy moon or something, do you have that by any chance? i keep missing it on ebay. i think he was in a couple of other ones, too. my only tangible recollection of after-school specials was i was watching one and somebody said something about, yeah, when such and such character reaches seventh grade, and i all scoffed, yeah, right, grades go all the way up to seven. i'm so sure. so it must have been a while ago.

that's very deep and searching at the end. i've noticed this too, everyone's all hermetically sealed in their own little worlds, and i don't know what the answer is, really. you know?

Written By: Southern Image on 10/27/05 at 12:40 pm

;D I use to watch it. I saw a recent pic of Chaka and the girl . At least Chaka is handsome  :D

Written By: Tia on 10/27/05 at 3:59 pm

so holly's all funny-looking now? rats, another dream bites the dust.

Written By: Banks on 10/29/05 at 7:52 am

I used to LOVE this show!!!!

I remember it was always on either around 6:30AM or 7:00 AM here of a weekday and sometimes 7:30AM on a Saturday.

I used to have a HUGE crush on Holly. I also remember the part at the end of the credits where the dinasaur runs at the screen I used to kinda freak out and hide. I was only about 7. Ive not seen that show since mid 1980 here in Australia. I dont think its available here, at least not yet.

Alright Now

Written By: Tia on 10/29/05 at 9:02 am

my netflix season 1 disk 1 is arriving tttooooodaaaayyy. it's definitely out on netflix but i dunno about australia...

i've always wanted to go to australia. is it as great as everybody says?

Written By: Tia on 10/29/05 at 11:49 am

so i'm watching the pilot now. good music! i'm surprised how good the banjo playing is. stop-motion animation is cool too.

that dreamboat guy, the older brother with his shirt unbuttoned to the navel, is WAY WAY overacting. pretty funny.

Written By: Tia on 10/29/05 at 1:22 pm

i really like this show. it's bad, but i really like it. totally surreal.

i'm watching the one right now with the confederate soldier guy. did you grok the line, "some mushrooms have chemicals in them that can do funny things to your head"? i mean, wow, between that and h.r. pufnstuf, the racy psychedelic references are totally out of land. which i'm fine with.

it's kinda the will and holly show, really. the setup seems to usually be, they run off, do incredibly cute and perky things, get in trouble usually involving dinosaurs or sleestacks, and then studly dad guy comes along and pulls their fat out of the fire.

Written By: Tia on 10/30/05 at 1:02 am

my land of the lost viewing was rudely interrupted by this party i had to go to. now i'm back on track!

the sid and marty krofft commentary is disappointing, as is the walter koenig commentary. why does he have to keep cuttin' on the show? i mean c'mon. obviously it's a kid's show with cheesy special effects, no need to run that into the ground.

but the first two commentaries with the other writer, david somebody, are EXCELLENT. how does he remember all that stuff? his enthusiasm really comes through. very cool.

Written By: belladonna on 10/30/05 at 5:31 am

Reading the posts on this thread was like having a 70s flashback.  I have to admit I had a major crush on Wesley Eure (Will)

Did you know they did a remake of this show in 1991, the characters names were different though.

Written By: Tia on 10/30/05 at 11:41 am

Reading the posts on this thread was like having a 70s flashback.   I have to admit I had a major crush on Wesley Eure (Will)

Did you know they did a remake of this show in 1991, the characters names were different though.

i'm sorta out here on my own. valleygirl's offline for the weekend, she was sorta my land-of-the-lost coviewer.

when i was watching it thinking i bet holly was carrying a torch for wesley when they were making the show. pretty funny.

i saw on imdb that they made the remake, but i haven't seen it. i dunno if i want to, it might throw off my love of the original. imdb is also saying there's a movie adaptation slated for 2007. (by the director of "anchorman"!) that idea makes me queasy, a little bit. part of what i like so much about the original is the cheesy handpuppets and the bluescreen and the occasional flubbed line and all that. they'll probably jurassic-park it all out with the CGI dinosaurs and it'll just be a drag.

Written By: ValleyGirl on 10/30/05 at 8:50 pm

Hey Tia...I am glad you are watching Land of the Lost again...so what did you think...did you think it lost it's magic?? I liked it just as much. I remember wearing braids like Holly's all the time as a kid.  Wesley was pretty cute. I liked the commentary with Kathy and Wesley...they seemed very emotional about it, and glad to be together. I had seen an interview that Kathy and Philip Paley did, and that's where she looked completely different, she had brown hair, and had gained weight...in the interview with her and Wesley she had lost weight and cut her hair short and it was blonde again. She said Philip Paley had a crush on her as a kid.  I think if they remake it...like you said it will be just like Jurassic Park.  What was cool about the show was how they made use out of everything they had, cause they were working on such a tight budget....they said there were only 3 sleestacks, but the way they filmed it, gave the illusion that there were more of them.

Written By: Tia on 10/31/05 at 7:23 am

Hey Tia...I am glad you are watching Land of the Lost again...so what did you think...did you think it lost it's magic?? I liked it just as much. I remember wearing braids like Holly's all the time as a kid.  Wesley was pretty cute. I liked the commentary with Kathy and Wesley...they seemed very emotional about it, and glad to be together. I had seen an interview that Kathy and Philip Paley did, and that's where she looked completely different, she had brown hair, and had gained weight...in the interview with her and Wesley she had lost weight and cut her hair short and it was blonde again. She said Philip Paley had a crush on her as a kid.  I think if they remake it...like you said it will be just like Jurassic Park.  What was cool about the show was how they made use out of everything they had, cause they were working on such a tight budget....they said there were only 3 sleestacks, but the way they filmed it, gave the illusion that there were more of them.

i'm LOVIN' it. (i had the opposite experience watching electrawoman and dynagirl again, thinking, okay, yes, dynagirl is easy on the eyes, but this is just BAD. and not good bad, either, just... BAD. and i worshipped EW/DG as a kid. i think just because of DG, probably.) anyway, LotL is so SURREAL... you might want to see some of the old robert lippert movies, lost continent and -- there was this other one, "unknown land" or "land unknown" or something like that, scientists fly to the center of the earth and discover a jungle filled with dinosaurs. the holly/will interview isn't on the disk i've got, i'm doing it through netflix, so i'm just watching them one at a time but i might bite the bullet and buy it, depending on how much it is. there's three seasons and i sorta want to watch them all now, though. or at least sample every season.

Written By: Tia on 10/31/05 at 10:01 am

Seasn one is definately the best. I think Seasons 2 & 3 are also out on DVD. I was not let down. I loved that show. I love the song at the end....that Wesley sings.

It goes...

When I look all around ...
I can't believe the things I've found...
I need to find my way...
I'm lost, I'm lost....find me....
Living in the Land of the Lost....

this tune is totally in my head, even as we speak.

Written By: Tia on 11/09/05 at 1:53 pm

oo! season 1 disk 2 just arrived in the mail, and it's just as trippy and cool as the first one. lots more "pylons," which are sorta like home base in a children's game -- they always duck into the pylons and then they're "safe." i totally remember that, even played the pylon game a couple times with friends when i was knee high. you can't touch me! i'm in the pylon!

that's one enduring rivalry between alice and grumpy, the allosaurus and the tyrannosaur. makes the hetfields and mccoys look like a passing squabble.

i thought it was interesting when sid and marty krofft make the observation that the show was about the fractured family -- with the single father and all that, that divorce is all in the show's subtext. did i mention that already?

at this rate, doing it through netflix, it's gonna take forever to see em all. oh, fat rats!

Written By: ValleyGirl on 11/09/05 at 4:52 pm

I love the epsiode where Holly meets her "future" self.  But, my favorite epsiodes are when they have Chaka over for dinner, and I like when Marshall gets zapped by a bad combo of crystals, and Holly has to get him up in the bucket thingy before Grumpy comes back and eats them both.

Written By: Tia on 11/09/05 at 5:20 pm

I like when Marshall gets zapped by a bad combo of crystals, and Holly has to get him up in the bucket thingy before Grumpy comes back and eats them both.

awwwww! when she figures out how to put the stones in the other basket to pull him up into the cave, and then he's all muttery and talks about holly's mom and how beautiful she was? and holly barely remembers her? and then she tells him that will has run off to the lost city, and he tries to get up to save him? and then almost dies? :\'( and holly sobs and begs him not to die? that part's so heartbreaking!

i'm listening to the first wesley/kathy commentary. um, wesley's kinda a punk? keeps shushing kathy and telling her that her proper place is offstage? what's with THAT?

Written By: Tia on 11/09/05 at 6:08 pm

ok. the commentary for the other one, with holly and dad in the basket and will with the sleestack and the time dimension door, is HILARIOUS. so funny! and how they make fun of their own acting, and it IS really bad, but it's such great melodrama, so over-the-top touching. i totally wanna go on a pub crawl with wesley and kathy, man!

Written By: vinyl lover on 11/09/05 at 6:14 pm

didnt chaka have a mother and father type in the episode where he got lost..i remember later in the series the humans had names for them...chakas famous line was FAA RIEND DA(friend)

Written By: Tia on 11/09/05 at 6:18 pm

didnt chaka have a mother and father type in the episode where he got lost..i remember later in the series the humans had names for them...chakas famous line was FAA RIEND DA(friend)

i'm not sure, some of them i've watched more closely than others. i'm sorta watching as i paint the bathroom. (yup! still on that!) in the first season he's got two like compatriate types, other members of his tribe, but i think in the other seasons he was saying he's by himself. (he gets a commentary track on this disk too that i just watched -- he was a black belt at nine!) but if there was one where he finds his mom and dad i don't think i've seen it yet.

Written By: ValleyGirl on 11/09/05 at 7:18 pm

Yeah they might be his parents or an older brother and sister.....Their names were "TA" and "SA"  I think that's is how you spell them.  I love the Packuni dialect.  They had a whole language made up...that was what was so cool about it...it reminds me of the movie Caveman with Ringo Starr...how they had the whole movie made up of nothing but a few Caveman words...and alot of "Zug Zug"... ;)

Wesley hasn't aged too well in that last interview....he did a movie called : C.H.O.M.P.S ...does anyone remember it?? I have it...it was kind of funny.

Written By: Tia on 11/09/05 at 7:26 pm

haha! they said they had some linguist from ucla or somewhere do the packuni language. (packuni?) it's all like klingon, they actually had written dialogue and they tried to make it consistent. which is definitely an impressive effort.

this one time he says something that sounds just like "Ocanda Matuso," just like in raiders of the lost ark.

i didn't know that was wesley (lol i think of him now as this one-word name guy!) singing on those catchy tunes.

are there actual interviews with them on some of the dvds where you can see what they look like now? cuz i'd definitely like to check that out. all (well, both of) the dvds i've gotten so far there's just been commentaries...

Written By: ValleyGirl on 11/09/05 at 7:40 pm

Yeah...on season 1 there's an interview with Kathy and Wesley...and they show what they look like today...I think it might be on the last DVD...I remember I had a hard time finding it on there....it is in there somewhere...it doesn't list it right or something....like I am not sure it says Kathy Coleman and Wesley Eure commentary....so look around on the menu.

I think he called Wil...We-ra, and Holly - Auri......Marshall might have been : Ma-che

Gosh it is almost like Pig Latin....don't ya think... Ti-Ra????

Written By: vinyl lover on 11/09/05 at 7:51 pm

i also remembered they had a visit from another human later in the show...i think he knew the father....tia ,if your watching it while your painting, cover the dvd player..lol..

Written By: Tia on 11/09/05 at 8:13 pm

i also remembered they had a visit from another human later in the show...i think he knew the father....tia ,if your watching it while your painting, cover the dvd player..lol..

i remember like third ep or something they run into the confederate guy... OMG! it's so BAD! except they have the great line about some mushrooms do funny things to people's heads, which pretty much saves the whole episode. i had to watch the one with the time portal again... it's the best episode i've seen so far. it's so good! both of the ones with the intelligent sleestaks are real standouts, imo. very cool, psychedelic and well written.

i've been a total busybody about painting and i've been having a lot of fun watching various goofy t.v. in the background while i work. it's been all land of the lost and space:1999 and old george romero movies. pretty sweet! and because i'm getting work done i don't feel guilty. the joke i use with my friend samantha (who i think could care less :) ) is that i'll paint the t.v. last. and then i won't know what to do with myself after that...

Written By: Tia on 11/09/05 at 8:19 pm

Yeah...on season 1 there's an interview with Kathy and Wesley...and they show what they look like today...I think it might be on the last DVD...I remember I had a hard time finding it on there....it is in there somewhere...it doesn't list it right or something....like I am not sure it says Kathy Coleman and Wesley Eure commentary....so look around on the menu.

I think he called Wil...We-ra, and Holly - Auri......Marshall might have been : Ma-che

Gosh it is almost like Pig Latin....don't ya think... Ti-Ra????

it IS like pig latin, varry grrr! ocanda matuso!

i almost wanna skip ahead to it but i think i'm just gonna have to go through every one in order. probably deal in some second-season space:1999 to mix it up. only problem is, eventually i'm bound to run out of things to paint.

will's so dreamy!

i dunno if you ever saw it or ever was keyed into the original movie the way i was, but on the return from witch mountain dvd they have kim richards and ike eisenmann the way they look now... kim's sorta chubby and ike's losing his hair, but they're still sorta cute.

Written By: vinyl lover on 11/10/05 at 1:00 am

i remember Kim richards did a movie called" Tuff Turf" ..she starred with james spader in it..its about a new kid coming to a new town...a high school movie.....she was the tough chick and he was the rich kid , i think..do you remember it?

Written By: Tia on 11/10/05 at 7:29 am

i remember Kim Fields did a movie called" Tuff Turf" ..she starred with james spader in it..its about a new kid coming to a new town...a high school movie.....she was the tough chick and he was the rich kid , i think..do you remember it?

yeah, i saw tuff turf for the first time a few months ago. quite amazing, pretty funny movie, sorta this west side story riff, i thought. she was also in "meatballs II," which was dreadful! not through any fault of hers. it's also got pee-wee herman in it, and john larroquette.

around the same time ike eisenmann was in this movie called cross creek with mary steenbergen (sp?) that's actually quite good. but he gets hardly any lines! (he was in star trek II also, of course... you'll remember him as the ensign who dies and gets shot into space at the end. :))

i wonder if wesley ever did anything else. apparently kathy, that was her one big thing, land of the lost.

Written By: Tia on 11/19/05 at 11:22 am

so the season finale of LotL is sheer GENIUS. It turns out a bunch of those first-season episodes were written by big-name sci-fi writers

Written By: GREEN67 on 11/20/05 at 4:00 am

8)  OK guys..I didnt read all of the post so bear with me...All I know is when I saw Land Of The Lost I was HERE...I LOVED the show!!!!....The Sleestaks freaked me out!!...I remember getting up and posting myself in front of our 70s TV with the big white frame around it and getting my bowl of cereal and watching the waterfall and the song playing and just could hardly keep still during the show....I was always Fascinated by the "jewel Board" in the cave...I cant remember now but was that the control board to get out or something???

Written By: Tia on 11/20/05 at 8:00 am

8)

Written By: Tia on 11/20/05 at 1:21 pm

well, i broke down and bought season 2. forty bucks. it better not suck!

you've created a monster, isis...  :D

Written By: ValleyGirl on 11/20/05 at 7:14 pm

I heard season 2 is not as good as season 1, but they are all good...aren't they???? :-\\...until they redid them in the 90's.  I mean as long as you stick with the Marshall , Wil and Holly trio you should be OK.  Let me know, cause I have been looking for season 2 on Ebay.

Written By: Tia on 11/20/05 at 9:06 pm

I heard season 2 is not as good as season 1, but they are all good...aren't they???? :-\\...until they redid them in the 90's.

Written By: Banks on 11/20/05 at 10:58 pm

i've always wanted to go to australia. is it as great as everybody says?

Im so sorry taking so long to respond...

Australia is pretty cool...I like it, except that we dont get many DVD releases of old TV shows, at least not until theyre made into modern movies. Its very rarely cold enough here to wear a Jumper, though that depends upon where you live.

Ive seen the 1990's remake of Land Of The Lost...and I say dont bother. I taped it from TV late one night thinking it was the one I remembered from when I was a kid, and I was extremely disapointed.

I remember an episode of the original 70's series where Chakka says something like, "Chakka no Doochie." or something like that. The story, if my memory serves me right, had something to do with making Chakka a leader to get someone else jealous and to make them take over the job. When they did take the job of expedition leader, Chakka says, "Chakka no doochie." and is so sad and pathetic looking, I felt like I wanted to cry for him.

SPOILER BELOW:::::::::::::>

Also, now This may be a SPOILER for those whove not seen the entire series, am I correct in remembering that the family eventually escape by doing something with a time fold, or something. I remember they kept watching themselves falling over the waterfall over and over again. Then an alien (looking like a man with a large black sock over his head and shiny buttons for eyes) allows the family who are constantly falling over the waterfall to actually fall, which allows Marshall Will and Holly to leave. Apparently they could only escape the Land Of The Lost if their other selves take their place...Am I remembering this right?

an

Written By: vinyl lover on 11/20/05 at 11:53 pm

yeah, thats right ..im remember that episode..that was the last one?yeah i remember

Written By: Tia on 11/21/05 at 8:57 am

MORE POSSIBLE SPOILERS

in the last episode of the first season enik sends the family through the time portal to the time and place when they went over the waterfall because there's this conservation of mass thing going on -- the same amount of mass has to enter the LotL in order for them to leave... so what ends up happening is they go down the waterfall again and basically start over with the scene from the first episode, with them coming to in the boat with grumpy standing over them. so they end up caught in this loop in time as well as space. (space in land of the lost is closed and curved, so if you go in one direction you'll eventually end up in the same place where you started...)

it sounds like the show finale is the same reasoning, only they change something so the family actually gets out. i dunno, i'll find out when i see it.

Written By: Tia on 11/21/05 at 10:23 am

anyway, it's funny, i took the quiz at the last DVD of season one and not only did i get them all right, i didn't even have to hesitate or think about any of the answers. i knew them straight away. does that mean the quiz was too easy, valleygirl, or that i'm just a hopeless LotL geek now?

it's funny how cha-ka turned out. he's such a bo-hunk now! he's totally got the build of a green beret. dag. did you catch on the commentary track he does on the episode where cha-ka comes over for dinner? holly gets all gussied up and puts on perfume and the guy who plays cha-ka, on the soundtrack, is all, 'who's holly getting done up for? that's right. she's getting done up for cha-ka.' all with this joking bragging tone in his voice. it's SO. FUNNY. omg.

i still think wesley is too harsh on kathy coleman, man. whatever happened to spence mulligan? why doesn't he do a commentary track? i hope nothing happened to him...

Written By: ValleyGirl on 11/21/05 at 4:25 pm

I am pretty sure Spencer is still alive...I looked him up not long ago on IMDB and it said he was...Wesley and Kathy mention him briefly on the interview.

What part did you think Wesley was being hard on Kathy about? Their interview...it seemed kind of emotional, but she seemed like she was about in his lap, like just in his face, and she cut him off, and told him he wasn't singing the theme song right, and she started singing it too....and I think he was getting irritated.

I did think Philip Paley had aged the best, he was younger than them, he's still in his late 30's, where Kathy has to be mid 40's, and Wesley...I am not even sure, late 40's maybe??

Wesley was on a day time soap back then too. I think he thought he was major league famous at the time.

I personally would love a Land of the Lost lunchbox for Xmas this year!!

Written By: Tia on 11/21/05 at 4:35 pm

I personally would love a Land of the Lost lunchbox for Xmas this year!!

is this a hint? lol. i bet they're on ebay. i just squandered 10 bucks on a space:1999 comic book from 1976. i'm such a geek!

yeah, i guess that's what i picked up on too, there's this whole rivalry thing going on, but i ended up being all on kathy's side. it probably has to do with who we both had our respective crushes on as kids!  ;) i adored holly when i was five watching land of the lost and then when i heard the first commentary track and wesley's talking about her as being this dorky kid who couldn't act and all that, i'm all like, aw man, you gotta step off! lol. but you think about it, they have to be getting along because they do SO many commentary tracks together -- they do a bunch more for the second season and they got the same thing going, kathy sorta accuses wesley of being vain and wesley accuses kathy of trying to upstage her, but they're probably just joking around about it. it's like they're doing in real life the whole sibling rivalry thing that the show has got in it -- you know, with will criticizing holly's cooking and holly accusing will of patronizing her and always saying she's "just a girl" and all that... in the second season that rivalry (in the show's characters) gets a lot more pronounced.

Written By: ValleyGirl on 11/21/05 at 7:51 pm

I collect Lunch Boxes....that is one I really want, believe me I have looked on Ebay...they go for high amounts....I also want a grizlly adams one, a sigmund and the seamonster, a Bionic Woman and any others from my favorite tv shows. They don't make cool lunch boxes any more, there aren't any cool shows worth making in to a lunch box...I am so sick of SpongeBob crap that it isn't even funny.

I did remember Kathy and Wesley doing the whole thing about trying to get the last word in and up staging each other for more air time, and it seemed to be a game with them.

I want to see Season 2 BAD!  Tia- can you make copies???  ::)

Written By: Banks on 11/22/05 at 3:08 am

I actually have a LOTL lunch box as well as an original poster from the series. Ive had them since I was a kid. I also have numerous other TV and movie memorabilia from the time too. I am such a horder, and, judging from my old old collection, I always have been.

I just hope that LOTL are released here in Australia.

AN

Written By: Tia on 11/22/05 at 6:58 am

I collect Lunch Boxes....that is one I really want, believe me I have looked on Ebay...they go for high amounts....I also want a grizlly adams one, a sigmund and the seamonster, a Bionic Woman and any others from my favorite tv shows. They don't make cool lunch boxes any more, there aren't any cool shows worth making in to a lunch box...I am so sick of SpongeBob crap that it isn't even funny.

I did remember Kathy and Wesley doing the whole thing about trying to get the last word in and up staging each other for more air time, and it seemed to be a game with them.

I want to see Season 2 BAD!

Written By: Tia on 11/22/05 at 7:08 am

I actually have a LOTL lunch box as well as an original poster from the series. Ive had them since I was a kid. I also have numerous other TV and movie memorabilia from the time too. I am such a horder, and, judging from my old old collection, I always have been.

I just hope that LOTL are released here in Australia.

oo! i want a lotl poster. i wish i'd kept all that stuff. i'd die for a korgi die-cast eagle model like i had when i was a kid. (or was it dinky?)

Written By: GREEN67 on 11/22/05 at 9:14 am

yeah, i'd totally forgotten about it until valley girl mentioned it to me but i've been watching the first season and they're da bomb. i mean they're sorta saturday morning low-budget cheesy but the writing is so great and i love the characters. and yeah, i was obsessed with the show when i was a kid.

the crystals in the pylons were sorta like swiss-army knives, you could use them for a lot of things, you just had to arrange the colors right. and there were a bunch, it depended which pylon the crystals were in. there's one next to a time portal you could use to open up the portal and travel to any time, you just had to move the crystals in the right color sequence, and you spend a lot of time watching rick marshall noodling around with yellow, red, blue, yellow, green... then there were others that controlled the weather, little things that floated in the sky called "skylons." it's sorta complicated, and they explain it gradually throughout the show.
8) THX..I wish the show was still on..TV land or something...I didnt even know it was on DVD...Gotta but it when I get the extra cash..
i'ma watch the first disk in season 2 next. i hope it didn't jump the shark!
8)

Check for new replies or respond here...