inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favorite Radio Stations

Written By: ramonjet on 11/09/05 at 6:42 pm

what radio stations from the seventies do you remember listening to??

a couple of the stations i listened to,
94.7 KMET the mighty MET (tweedul dee)

95.5 KLOS

:)

Subject: Re: Favorite Radio Stations

Written By: Tecoma Cowboy on 11/10/05 at 6:37 am

i listened to 3XY ( in Melbourne) was one of 3 top 40 stations on the AM band 1420 then 1422 on the dial.
They adjusted all the frequencies at one statege here, to fit more stations in....
Now most music stations are FM.

Written By: Carl on 11/10/05 at 7:54 am

My parents had no car, so our Uncle drove us around a lot, the stations we listened to was WABC in New York, sometimes WBLS

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 11/10/05 at 9:14 am

KFMQ (Q102), Lincoln, NE. They played a great mix of classic and hard rock. Unfortunately, they were one of the first stations to get "Clear Channeled." Despite being one of the most popular stations in Lincoln, an outside company bought them in 1992 and without warning switched their format to country.  >:( :P >:(

Written By: pretendingtoswim on 11/10/05 at 11:03 am

I grew up in Los Angeles, and I was a big fan of KMET (tweedle-ee!) and mourned it's demise in the 80's.

Written By: Skippy on 11/10/05 at 12:33 pm

It was WFBQ-94.7 FM in hoser hoosier land, mainly for the Dr. Demento show. They have sunk to a total crap station in the last decade. There was also WNAP-93.1 FM. Before FM stations were popular I would listen to WIRE-1430 AM or WNDE-1260 AM.

Written By: 80s gail on 11/13/05 at 12:12 pm

Here I listened to bbc radio one, it was the only good pop station for music back in the 70's, also radio luxembourg and radio piccadilly, it's a shame that radio one is really awful now, or I must be getting old!

Written By: ramonjet on 11/13/05 at 9:19 pm

Here I listened to bbc radio one, it was the only good pop station for music back in the 70's, also radio luxembourg and radio piccadilly, it's a shame that radio one is really awful now, or I must be getting old!
Not a big deal but I was in London this past September and while on the bus from Luton down to Victoria Station the bus driver was listening to what I would called a "classic rock" station. Shortly after entering Baker Street I began to hear "Baker Street" by Gerry Rafferty on the driver's radio. As the bus came to a stop on Baker Street to let a woman passenger off, she thanked the driver for the appropiate music.
:)

Check for new replies or respond here...