inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: taco flavor doritos

Written By: vinyl lover on 11/10/05 at 6:32 pm

a long time ag ,the doritos people had regular,taco, and nacho cheese flavored....now they only have nacho cheesier..i think(oh and cool ranch)but my question is ..does anybody know why there is no more taco flavored???they were my favorite!!!i know the popular one nacho cheese is the ruler now..but bring the taco back..

Subject: Re: taco flavor doritos

Written By: whiteport on 11/11/05 at 6:36 pm

I remember them, they were my fave' also..I often wondered why they don't make 'em anymore. :-\\

Written By: pretendingtoswim on 11/12/05 at 10:30 am

Man I *loved* Taco flavor, they were the BEST!  We should start a petition I tell you.    :|

Written By: RDee on 11/14/05 at 11:30 pm

They still make 'em, though not every store stocks them. When I see them at a store I pick 'em up. Maybe you can ask your favorite store manager to order them!
http://www.fritolay.com/fl/flstore/cgi-bin/products_doritos.htm

Written By: ktelqueen on 11/14/05 at 11:39 pm

oh man..they were THE BEST for sure 8)..
Rollitos taste similar but it's just not the same without the brown and clear bag they came in..

Written By: Southern Image on 11/15/05 at 12:06 pm

I loved them. They took them off the market for awhile, then brought them back a few years ago. Now they are gone  :-\\

Written By: Marty McFly on 11/16/05 at 4:06 pm

To my knowledge, I've never eaten those before, but I've heard of 'em.

Out of the "main" Doritos flavors, I definitely prefer Cool Ranch. The typical Nacho Cheese ones are okay, but whenever I get one of those "variety packs", I try to get rid of those quicker (pawning 'em off on friends, whatever, LOL), just so I have more of the ranch ones. ;)

P.S. One thing I do remember as a kid was the slightly different packaging. To see what I mean, watch the movie Encino Man (pretty funny, btw). Toward the beginning, when Pauly Shore and his best friend are on his scooter riding into high school, the friend Dave, has an old school Doritos bag (at least it looks like it).

Check for new replies or respond here...