inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ironhorse - Sweet Lui Louise

Written By: whistledog on 11/13/05 at 11:12 pm

Does anyone remember the Canadian band Ironhorse?  They were best known for their 1979 U.S. top 40 hit Sweet Lui-Louise

Click here for a sound clip

http://www.cdisle.ca/store/media/bachman_ironhorse1.jpg

The band was created by Randy Bachman, who left BTO in 1977 for a solo career -- In the short career of Ironhorse, they only released two albums (Ironhorse in 1979, and Everything is Grey in 1980), and apart from Sweet Lui-Louise, their only other chart entry was What's Your Hurry Darlin' which was a minor U.S. hit in 1980. 

Subject: Re: Ironhorse - Sweet Lui Louise

Written By: whistledog on 11/15/05 at 1:44 pm

I had a feeling that no one would remember this song  :\'(

Written By: Henk on 05/12/07 at 4:56 am

I had a feeling that no one would remember this song  :\'(

I do. :) Sweet Lui-Louise hit #23 in Dutch Top 40. It does sound a lot like "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet", though.

Written By: whistledog on 05/12/07 at 3:53 pm

I do. :) Sweet Lui-Louise hit #23 in Dutch Top 40. It does sound a lot like "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet", though.

It does yes sort of sound like that one yes :)

It's good to see that song made it Internationally.  After leaving BTO, Bachman never really gained further International exposure.  He did have a surprise UK Top 40 in 1998 when he re-recorded vocals for London Bus Stop's dance re-mix of 'You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet'

Check for new replies or respond here...