inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Top 10 Most Overplayed Classic Rock songs

Written By: Guest on 11/15/05 at 4:48 pm

Here's my list:

1. Sweet Home Alabama- Lynyrd Skynyrd
2. American Woman- Guess Who
3. Stairway To Heaven- Led Zeppelin (Really cool first time you hear it but after a while it gets old)
4. Hollywood Nights- Bob Serger (I hate this guy already! His stuff is so overplayed >:()
5. I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide- ZZ Top (If I hear this song on the radio one more time I'll go cuckoo!! :D)
6. Who Do You Love?- George Thurogood & the Destroyers
7. Wild Thing- the Troggs
8. Brown Eyed Girl- Van Morrison
9. Rocky Mountainway- Joe Walsh
10. Frankenstein- Edgar Winters Group

Subject: Re: Top 10 Most Overplayed Classic Rock songs

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 11/15/05 at 5:54 pm

Here's my list:

3. Stairway To Heaven- Led Zeppelin (Really cool first time you hear it but after a while it gets old)
4. Hollywood Nights- Bob Serger (I hate this guy already! His stuff is so overplayed >:()
5. I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide- ZZ Top (If I hear this song on the radio one more time I'll go cuckoo!! :D)

Do you by any chance live in Hawaii?  ??? ;D

Yes, most of those are overplayed on classic rock stations here as well...

Written By: loki 13 on 11/15/05 at 7:16 pm

Here's my list:

Your list is right on.

the classic rock station in Philly won't let me get
through a day without hearing,
..Little Pink Houses..
..Ain't That America..
..Hurt So Good..
..Cherry Bomb.......John Cougar

These songs aren't that good but I could tell you
what time of day it is by which song they are playing.

Written By: gord on 11/15/05 at 7:49 pm

Here's my list:

most of these I'd agree with, I'd switch
- 'hollywood nights'  to  'old time rock & roll'
- 'I'm bad, I'm nationwide' to 'tush'
- and 'bohemean rhapsody' and 'satisfaction' would be on my list :)

Written By: Marty McFly on 11/16/05 at 9:37 am

Here's my list:

There's only one on the list I'd disagree with you on - I actually like Bob Seger quite a bit. "Old Time Rock & Roll" is probably the overplayed one (I've never heard "Hollywood Nights" outside of his Hits collection!), but it's so catchy I don't mind. :)

"Turn the Page" I could do without though (even if Metallica covered it). ;)

I do like "Sweet Home Alabama" and "American Woman" is okay, but most of those get really old. Same with anything from Led Zeppelin (don't ask me why, but I never at all could get into them - they're very repetitive and uninteresting in my opinion, at least) and most of Jimi Hendrix.

^ "All Along the Watchtower" is classic, and "Foxy Lady" is cool too, but that's about it.

I once heard it said that classic rock stations were "geared too heavily towards men" and, even though I am male myself, would tend to agree. They could use (a) more poppish songs, and (b) more female singers to round it out.

P.S. I've noticed at night and in the early morning hours, the main classic rock station here in San Jose tends to play more 80's pop/rock stuff. Including:

Missing You - John Waite
Straight from the Heart - Bryan Adams
Young Turks - Rod Stewart
Talking in Your Sleep - Romantics
Queen of the Broken Hearts - Loverboy
Invisible Touch - Genesis
If This is It - Huey Lewis

Now, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't give songs like that much (if any) airplay during regular hours. They're probably considered too "soft" or "pop", or even just not the cookie cutter formula of classic rock.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/20/05 at 6:42 am

Our classic rock station seems to think EVERYONE loves:

Anything by FOREIGNER(yes the first album was cool until radio played the songs to death)they are SOOOOO overplayed!
Same for Journey
and Lynyrd Skynyrd? Come on. There are other Southern rockers that are better and get NO airplay...Molly Hatchet, Little Feat, Blackfoot, and Wet Willie to name a few...

And the Grateful Dead. Only "Truckin' "and a few other songs get played. Come on where's 'US Blues', 'Estimated Prophet',and the other Dead stuff?

Written By: Tia on 11/20/05 at 8:12 am

stairway should be #1, now and forevermore! i loved that song the first eighty quadrillion squillion times i heard it. now that part of my brain is permanently burned out!

and i never get tired of frankenstein. so gotta disagree with you there.

otherwise you're right on! most UNDERplayed classic rock song -- that would be hocus pocus by focus. great tune! closely followed on by the bomber, by the james gang. most spectacularly great classic rock song you'll never hear on the radio. i LOVE the james gang, i've got "miami" coming in the mail even as we speak. we need to swap out that rocky mountain way stuff, which is played to death, with some old underappreciated james gang -- and i do NOT mean funk 49, which is also played to death.

Written By: alyceclover on 11/20/05 at 8:42 am

I would add HOTEL CALIFORNIA by the Eagles

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/20/05 at 9:04 am

I would add HOTEL CALIFORNIA by the Eagles
As for Hotel California, The Album, it has a couple of decent songs on it: "New Kid in Town", "Life in the Fast Lane", and "Victim of Love"....

But Hotel California, the SONG is definitely overplayed.....a better tune is "I Can't Tell You Why" from "The Long Run"...I love the way Timothy B. Schmidt(bass player) sings on that song!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/20/05 at 9:09 am

Why don't classic rock stations EVER play Jeff Beck's 'Freeway Jam" or Ram Jam's "Black Betty",both cool guitar songs?

Written By: Cafe80s on 11/20/05 at 9:30 am

As for Hotel California, The Album, it has a couple of decent songs on it: "New Kid in Town", "Life in the Fast Lane", and "Victim of Love"....

But Hotel California, the SONG is definitely overplayed.....a better tune is "I Can't Tell You Why" from "The Long Run"...I love the way Timothy B. Schmidt(bass player) sings on that song!

Totally agree with that, Hotel California is so over played now that when ever i hear it, it totally irritates me. I was working in a job recently that had the radio set to Gold 104 the classic rock station & i swear i heard that song twice a day.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 11/20/05 at 9:37 am

"Old Time Rock And Roll" - Bob Seger.  Whenever I hear those first 9 notes from the piano intro, I immediately change the station.

Also, as much as I like Led Zeppelin, I've heard "Stairway To Heaven" way too many times.

Written By: Tia on 11/20/05 at 2:51 pm

somehow i just never get tired of that epic solo at the end of hotel california...

Written By: gord on 11/20/05 at 4:03 pm

I'm not sure if this song gets played much outside of Canada, 'Raise A Little Hell' by Trooper, way overplayed here :)

Written By: Tia on 11/20/05 at 9:23 pm

I'm not sure if this song gets played much outside of Canada, 'Raise A Little Hell' by Trooper, way overplayed here :)

hmm, i've never heard of it. or trooper for that matter.???

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/24/05 at 5:01 pm

A lot of Styx stuff gets overplayed..."Come Sail Away" and "Babe" are getting soooo old.

The same for Rush..all the stations play MOSTLY is "Tom Sawyer" ..rarely is the band's best stuff like "Working Man" played and nothing from the "2112" album gets played unless they do it as a feature album.... 

Another reason I wish FM rock stations would drop the formats and go back to the way they were when FM first started playing rock music..like it was in the late 1960's and early 1970's!!

Written By: whistledog on 11/24/05 at 5:17 pm

That song sure did get overkill on the radio

Here's a few other overplayed ones:

Rikki Don't Lose That Number - Steely Dan
Roxy Roller - Sweeney Todd (A good song still, but heard so much on the radio)
Magic - Pilot
All Right Now - Free
Maggie May - Rod Stewart

Written By: gord on 11/24/05 at 5:53 pm

the overplayed list keeps growing, I'll add  'Born To Be Wild' by Steppenwolf

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/24/05 at 10:42 pm

the overplayed list keeps growing, I'll add

Written By: whistledog on 11/24/05 at 11:00 pm

I beg to differ with you on that one. The song STILL kicks a** even after all those years!That's the first hard rock song I ever heard...I was eight years old when I heard it the first time....Also "Rock Me"(Rock Me Baby) is cool too!

Steppenwolf were a Canadian band, so naturally, 'Born to Be Wild' and 'Magic Carpet Ride' were both really overplayed on Canadian radio.  Still good songs though :)

Written By: ktelqueen on 11/25/05 at 1:08 am

"Old Time Rock And Roll" - Bob Seger.

Written By: Banks on 11/25/05 at 3:11 am

Here in Australia, two highly underplayed song, IMO, is Boz Scaggs Ledo Shuffle and Promises' Baby Its You Ialthough this is more on the poppy side of rock).

Id add to the over played list:

Department Of Youth by Alice Cooper. I love Alice and his music, but this has been played so much here that after the first 10 seconds this song bores me.

AN

Written By: Tia on 11/25/05 at 4:27 am

weird, i feel the same way about steppenwolf -- born to be wild and magic carpet ride just persist in being great great songs no matter how much i hear em. the chords are buttsimple, too, trained chimp could play em, but for some reason they're just real awesome.

i agree about rush though, and, ugh, bob seger. (segar?) i never liked him. all his songs are all about how tough it is being famous. i'm all like, well, bob, if you quit singing yer dam songs you wouldn't be famous anymore. problem solved! jeez.

Written By: gord on 11/25/05 at 5:29 am

Steppenwolf were a Canadian band, so naturally, 'Born to Be Wild' and 'Magic Carpet Ride' were both really overplayed on Canadian radio.

Written By: Drachen on 11/25/05 at 1:15 pm

Well, I'm a newbie here, but this topic just speaks to me.

My list FWIW -

"Money" - Pink Floyd
"Freebird" - Lynyrd Skynrd (sp?)
"Honky Tonk Woman" - Rolling Stones
"Like a Rolling Stone" - Bob Dylan
"Who are you" - The Who
"Dazed and Confused" - Led Zepplin 

(actually almost EVERYTHING by Led Zepplin has been played to death!)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/25/05 at 8:41 pm

There are better Southern rock bands than Skynyrd. Molly Hatchet and Charlie Daniels Band are both better than Skynyrd. and Flirtin' With Disaster kicks more a$$ than the way-overplayed "Freebird"..I forgot the Outlaws too. "Green Grass and High Clouds' has a cool guitar jam!

Written By: gord on 11/25/05 at 8:56 pm

I forgot the Outlaws too. "Green Grass and High Clouds' has a cool guitar jam!

high tides ;) excellent song, put it in the underplayed list :)

Written By: whistledog on 11/25/05 at 9:00 pm

How about these:

Break It to Them Gently - Burton Cummings
Time Passages - Al Stewart
More Than A Feeling - Boston
Heard it In A Love Song - Marshall Tucker Band
My Sharona - The Knack

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 11/25/05 at 9:17 pm

Maybe it's because they are from where I'm from, but:
Split Enz (Good band, but overplayed) - Six Months In A Leaky Boat is the most overplayed song on New Zealand radio
Crowded House (Good band, but overplayed) - Same with Don't Dream It's Over
Dave Dobbyn (You probably haven't heard of him if you aren't from Aussie or NZ)

Aswell as:
AC/DC (Average band, very overplayed) - Back In Black, TNT, You Shook Me and Rock N Roll Aint Noise Pollution are overplayed
Metallica (Average band, very overplayed) - One, Enter Sandman, Unforgivien and Nothing Else Matters very overplayed
KISS (Lame band, very overplayed)
Journey, Fleetwood Mac, Bob Seger, Foreigner, Guns N Roses, Lynyrd Skynrd, ...

Good Bands, But Overplayed:
The Who
Jimi Hendrix
Led Zeppelin
Rolling Stones
Pink Floyd (It's always Another Brick In The Wall or Money or Time... there are other, far better songs than these 3!)

Written By: whistledog on 11/25/05 at 9:24 pm

[quote author=

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 11/25/05 at 9:26 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/25/05 at 10:35 pm

One classic rock performer I never get tired of listening to is Tom Petty. His music never seems to get old. The songs he's done, both with the Heartbreakers and solo, stand the test of time well. My fave is "You Don't Know How It Feels" from the "Wildflowers" CD.

Written By: bruce on 12/17/05 at 12:11 am

OLD TIME ROCK N ROLL  makes me wanna jamm a screwdriver deep in my ear whenever i hear it!  As a die hard southern rock fan Ill admit alabama & freebird have been over played but I still love em. They should be playing Thats how Ilike it & red white and blue off viscious cycles instead . Maggie May and Tonites The Night would be on my list And Icould go the rest of my life without hearing Down On The Corner by CCR and die happy

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 12/25/05 at 8:45 pm

Maybe it's because they are from where I'm from, but:
Split Enz (Good band, but overplayed) - Six Months In A Leaky Boat is the most overplayed song on New Zealand radio
Crowded House (Good band, but overplayed) - Same with Don't Dream It's Over
Dave Dobbyn (You probably haven't heard of him if you aren't from Aussie or NZ)

Aswell as:
AC/DC (Average band, very overplayed) - Back In Black, TNT, You Shook Me and Rock N Roll Aint Noise Pollution are overplayed
Metallica (Average band, very overplayed) - One, Enter Sandman, Unforgivien and Nothing Else Matters very overplayed
KISS (Lame band, very overplayed)
Journey, Fleetwood Mac, Bob Seger, Foreigner, Guns N Roses, Lynyrd Skynrd, ...

Good Bands, But Overplayed:
The Who
Jimi Hendrix
Led Zeppelin
Rolling Stones
Pink Floyd (It's always Another Brick In The Wall or Money or Time... there are other, far better songs than these 3!)
I have to disagree with you on Kiss.....except for 'Rock and Roll All Night' which is overplayed!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 12/25/05 at 8:49 pm

Overplayed band: The Beach Boys!
Underplayed band: Paul Revere and the Raiders!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 12/25/05 at 8:54 pm

OLD TIME ROCK N ROLL

Written By: Jeffpcmt on 12/25/05 at 11:57 pm

Yes Ive always like almost all Classic Rock.  Ill usually listen to a CR station over most others.  However, I think unfortunatly Clear Channel owns most CR stations throughout the country.  As with most of their stations they have a rather small, popular, heavy rotation playlist so everything repeats over and over (yet those songs are played for a reason they're CLASSICS). 

I dont like it because most CR bands have more than just one or two hits and often their more obscure material is better than their well known songs.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 12/27/05 at 4:26 am

Overplayed Led Zeppelin songs:
Stairway To Heaven(yes I like the song but I have to be in the mood to listen to it)
Kashmir
Dancing Days
Communication Breakdown
Whole Lotta Love

Underplayed Led Zeppelin songs:
In The Evening(I love that song and can't get enough of it)
Traveling Riverside Blues
Nobody's Fault But Mine
Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
Ramble On
D'yer Maker
Trampled Under Foot
I Got A Woman

Written By: Tia on 12/27/05 at 10:04 am

back in the day babe i'm gonna leave you and trampled underfoot used to get a lot of airplay.

Written By: whistledog on 12/27/05 at 10:32 pm

One that I am hearing alot on the radio lately is 'Take the Long Way Home' by Supertramp

Written By: bruce on 12/28/05 at 8:28 pm

i heard a song today that is way overplayed MARGUITTAVILLE by Jimmy Buffett  You hear it on classic rock stations pop stations oldies  country  i dont think you can escape it

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 01/01/06 at 7:44 pm

I wonder why radio must be sooooo FORMATTED with certain songs being overplayed...Makes me long for the early days of rock music on FM radio when anything cool got airplay...I blame the FCC "Gotta keep it all squeaky clean so as not to offend those PMRC types" and BIG MONEY "Gotta sell that zit cream or cars or whatever"...

Written By: AmandaSparks on 01/01/06 at 7:57 pm

Not really classic rock, but if I never hear "American Pie" again it'll be too soon. I think the FCC has a law that is must be played every day.
Songs I'd like to hear more often:
Zeppelin: Hey Hey What Can I Do
Neil Young: Cinnamon Girl
Traffic: Dear Mr Fantasy
Clapton: Bell Bottom Blues

And since I was born in 75 and heard the classic rock as an 80s teen rebelling against NKOTB and the like, any suggestions re: what never gets played on the radio that I should check out. Someone mentioned Little Feat, I've been meaning to pick up some of their stuff...

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 01/01/06 at 8:01 pm

Not really classic rock, but if I never hear "American Pie" again it'll be too soon. I think the FCC has a law that is must be played every day.
Songs I'd like to hear more often:
Zeppelin: Hey Hey What Can I Do
Neil Young: Cinnamon Girl
Traffic: Dear Mr Fantasy
Clapton: Bell Bottom Blues

And since I was born in 75 and heard the classic rock as an 80s teen rebelling against NKOTB and the like, any suggestions re: what never gets played on the radio that I should check out. Someone mentioned Little Feat, I've been meaning to pick up some of their stuff...
The Velvet Underground are pretty cool too.....Warren Zevon.....Elvis Costello.......Kraftwerk....

Written By: AmandaSparks on 01/01/06 at 8:14 pm

The Velvet Underground are pretty cool too.....Warren Zevon.....Elvis Costello.......Kraftwerk....

I've got all those...more! More!
Hint: I don't like prog rock.

Written By: whistledog on 11/06/08 at 10:55 pm

'Oowatanite' by April Wine.  I swear to god, I hear this song once a day on the radio station I hear in my car and the different station they play at work

It's getting so whenever I pull up to a railroad crossing and I hear those bells, I wanna scream ;D  All things considered though, it's still a great song, one of April Wine's best

Written By: greenjello74 on 11/07/08 at 9:11 am

One that I am hearing alot on the radio lately is 'Take the Long Way Home' by Supertramp

I despise Supertramp, especially "The Logical song" 8-P

Written By: mooster on 11/21/08 at 7:56 pm

Maggie May  ::)

Written By: Entouch on 11/23/08 at 9:37 pm

The most top-played on my classic rock station

Baba O'Riley and The Who
Crocodile Rock  Tiny Dancer Rocket Man Elton John
Born to Run  Bruce Springsteen
We're An American Band Grand Funk Railroad
I Miss You  Rolling Stones
MoonDance  Van Morrison
lLayla  Eric Clapton
Ramblin Man  Allman Brothers
China Grove  Slow Train Running  Doobie Brothers

Of course  all music from Led Zeppelin Neil Young Pink Floyd, and Lynard Skynard

Written By: Cautious Lip on 01/11/09 at 3:09 pm

I agree !!! No list regarding overplayed songs would be complete without "Hotel California" or as like to call it "The Song That Wouldn't Die". It's a good song and I liked it for years after I first heard it but it's still being played to death even to this day.

Written By: danootaandme on 01/11/09 at 4:05 pm

Freebird and Stairway to Heaven

once was enough

Written By: Cautious Lip on 01/18/09 at 7:38 pm

"Drift Away" by Dobie Gray. The most over-exposed one hit wonder ever.

Written By: Jeffpcmt on 02/20/09 at 1:35 am

"Drift Away" by Dobie Gray. The most over-exposed one hit wonder ever.

That one and/or "Never Been Any Reason"  by Head East.  My local classic rock station probably plays it at least 5 times a day.  Head East tries to sound like Rush but aren't quite to their level IMO.

Written By: Frank on 02/20/09 at 2:47 pm

Back in the late 70's or early 80's, can't remember. I was living in Toronto, Canada at the time. One night a DJ locked himself in a room where the only record he had was Stairway to heaven...so he played it all night...

I'm sure he doesn't want to hear that song anymore...

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/21/09 at 1:32 am

I like the song, but Hot Blooded -- Foreigner gets a vote for Top 10 MOCRS

Written By: anabel on 03/16/09 at 3:39 pm

102.5 The Bone, in Tampa, plays Pink Floyd wayyyyy too much. Mostly the song Comfortably Numb.  So much so that the guy in the afternoon, Cowhead, actually says: "Here's another damn Pink Floyd song I don't wanna play!" He actually complains about playing them and constantly tells the PD he doesn't want to play them on his show anymore, but they still show up on the playlist every day.  One day he said he was going to throw away the playlist and play what he wanted, and the show was much more fun!

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/16/09 at 3:52 pm

Motown hits are played over and over again in the UK.

Written By: Brandon M on 06/19/11 at 1:23 am

Well, I'm a newbie here, but this topic just speaks to me.

My list FWIW -

"Money" - Pink Floyd
"Freebird" - Lynyrd Skynrd (sp?)
"Honky Tonk Woman" - Rolling Stones
"Like a Rolling Stone" - Bob Dylan
"Who are you" - The Who
"Dazed and Confused" - Led Zepplin 

(actually almost EVERYTHING by Led Zepplin has been played to death!)

I can just never get tired of Pink Floyd. And Money deserves to be overplayed...14 and a half years on the charts guys. pink floyd was just great music. and yes, the stones were a great band, and all the songs we know is the ones they play. theres so many good stones songs most people have never heard, just look on youtube. bob dylan is just great, all his songs are fine...especially Rainy Day Women #12 & 35, nobody will know that one! the who have songs, like the stones, that need to be played. Im tired of all lynrd skynrd all together, molly hatchet all the way. and the band that will always be brought up, Led Zeppelin. They have and album called Zeppelin II, PLAY IT!!! thats their best album and i never hear it here in Georgia, the USA georgia, I mean - Ramble On and What is and what should never be, great UNDERPLAYED songs. so fudge YOU "The New 97.1 the River", you have been around for 5+ years now, and dont play the same songs every hour on the hour. So now im done, goodbye peeps!

Written By: whistledog on 06/19/11 at 1:36 am

'Oowatanite' by April Wine.  I swear to god, I hear this song once a day on the radio station I hear in my car and the different station they play at work

It's getting so whenever I pull up to a railroad crossing and I hear those bells, I wanna scream ;D  All things considered though, it's still a great song, one of April Wine's best

The other day I was driving with my window down, and 'Oowatanite' by April Wine came on the radio.  I heard the opening bells of the song just as I was driving over train tracks.  I almost hesitated because I thought the crossiongs were about to come down ;D

Written By: ktk819 on 06/21/11 at 10:47 am

I don't think I saw this one mentioned, which is surprising.

Steve Miller Band - The Joker

The hair on my neck stands on end when I hear that song.  It plays ad nauseum on the CR stations in my area.  Oh, how I hate that song...

Written By: Paul on 06/21/11 at 1:41 pm

'Wonderful Tonight' - Eric Clappedout

(Not at all wonderful and certainly not at any night!)

Written By: Nostalgic on 06/22/11 at 12:07 am

I'm from Melbourne, Victoria, Australia and over here, many of the songs already mentioned are overplayed as well:

Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd: especially in the last few years; I think its inclusion in the Forrest Gump soundtrack made it more popular than it was in 1974 when it was released as a single; meanwhile "Free Bird" gets next to no airplay;
Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen: ENOUGH ALREADY!
Imagine - John Lennon: MAKE IT STOP!
Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin
Maggie May - Rod Stewart
What can I Say?; Lido Shuffle - Boz Scaggs
Night Moves; Old Time Rock 'n' Roll - Bob Seger
Sultans of Swing - Dire Straits: ENOUGH ALREADY!
Baker Street - Gerry Rafferty
Blinded by the Light - Manfred Mann's Earth Band

Some songs that are played a lot but not overplayed:
Born to Run - Bruce Springsteen
Layla - Derek and the Dominoes
Moondance - Van Morrison
Fox on the Run - Sweet
Hollywood Nights - Bob Seger
Hold the Line - Toto
Jet Airliner - Steve Miller Band
You're my Best Friend; We are the Champions - Queen
Listen to the Music - Doobie Brothers
Give a Little Bit; The Logical Song - Supertramp
Can the Can - Suzi Quatro

Some overplayed Australian songs from the '70s are:
Eagle Rock - Daddy Cool
Khe Sahn - Cold Chisel
Most People I know (Think that I'm Crazy - Billy Thorpe and the Aztecs
Living in the '70s - Skyhooks
Howzat - Sherbet
Help is on its Way; Lonesome Loser - Little River Band

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/12/11 at 9:42 pm

The Eagles: Peaceful Easy Feeling
Creedence Clearwater Revival: Proud Mary
Bob Seger: Turn the Page
Doobie Brothers: Listen to the Music
George Thorogood: Bad to the Bone
Bad Company: Feel Like Makin' Love
Aereosmith: Walk this Way
Rolling Stones: Honky Tonk Women
Neil Young: Heart of Gold
The Doors: Light My Fire

Caution: Strong language
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVaiRLDM628

Written By: john on 07/15/11 at 9:09 am

Radio overplay can kill any song. I think "Layla" is one of the greatest rock songs of all time. I loved it the first time I heard it in '72, but it's been played to death. Can't stand to hear it anymore.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/15/11 at 3:03 pm

Radio overplay can kill any song. I think "Layla" is one of the greatest rock songs of all time. I loved it the first time I heard it in '72, but it's been played to death. Can't stand to hear it anymore.
Great song, but is never play complete, radio stations miss out the instrumental at the end.

Check for new replies or respond here...