inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Other Side of the Mountain

Written By: ValleyGirl on 11/16/05 at 8:03 pm

I remember watching this movie at a matinee with my mom when I was really young. I love it! It is such a tear jerker, not many people remember it, but I thought it was one of the all time best movies ever made.  Does anyone else like it??

I loved Beau Bridges in it....him and Jeff Bridges look alot like my husband....it might have been this movie that attracted me to my husband....cause I had a huge crush on Beau after this movie.

Subject: Re: The Other Side of the Mountain

Written By: Tia on 11/16/05 at 8:40 pm

here's a movie role beau wishes everyone would forget...

http://images.chapters.indigo.ca/covers/video/263/027616862631_b.jpg

:D

i haven't seen other side of the mountain but i'll put it on my queue. i love any and all movies with "mountain" in the title!  ;)

Written By: ValleyGirl on 11/16/05 at 9:58 pm

I figured that one ......(liking mountain movies...)...but I can't believe that you didn't see this movie.  You have to see it!! It is so good. I don't know that Beau Bridges movie....but doesn't my husband look like him in that picture:

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/17/05 at 11:16 am

Wasn't this about the skiier who had an accident during the Olympic trials and ended up paralyzed? I remember the book and the movie but never saw it.

Cat

Written By: Tia on 11/17/05 at 11:19 am

I figured that one ......(liking mountain movies...)...but I can't believe that you didn't see this movie.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 11/17/05 at 12:12 pm

Wasn't this about the skiier who had an accident during the Olympic trials and ended up paralyzed? I remember the book and the movie but never saw it.

Cat

Yes.  It was based on a true story about the skier (I forget her name now).  Very good movie.  :)

Written By: ValleyGirl on 11/17/05 at 1:55 pm

It was based on a true story...it was about Jill Kinmont (Played by Marilyn Hassett-I loved her in that movie)...and she is paralyzed in a skiing accident while on her way to becoming an olympic champion skier.  And the story line is so sad...especially the ending. Beau Bridges plays another great skier and he falls in love with her...and the love story part is so great...but it ends very tagically...and you could "blow" a whole box of Kleenex on just the ending alone.

But it is such a great movie...it is what I think movies are suppose to be.

Mr. Tia...you need to see if Netflix has this one, and move it up there on your list!

Written By: Tia on 11/17/05 at 1:59 pm

It was based on a true story...it was about Jill Kinmont (Played by Marilyn Hassett-I loved her in that movie)...and she is paralyzed in a skiing accident while on her way to becoming an olympic champion skier.

Written By: belladonna on 11/20/05 at 6:16 am

I remember watching this movie at a matinee with my mom when I was really young. I love it! It is such a tear jerker, not many people remember it, but I thought it was one of the all time best movies ever made.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/20/05 at 6:30 am

Yes.

Check for new replies or respond here...