inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I saw Poco, Firefall and Pure Prairie League last night!!

Written By: ValleyGirl on 11/26/05 at 4:57 pm

It was an awesome concert, I bought a Poco T-shirt, and I realized they sang more songs that I knew that I loved, but didn't realize they sang.....does anyone knoe these 2 songs?? I love the Lyrics.

Call it Love-Poco

We've got all night, let's take our time.
Tell me your secrets, I'll tell you mine.
When it makes us feel better, call it love.

You say you won't, I say you will.
You make me crazy, but I want you still.

Do we tell the truth, or do we live a lie?
Is the feeling good? Is that what makes you cry?
When you say those words, look me in the eye:
Tell me why you call it love.

I play my hand, you call my bluff.
We push each other, 'til we've had enough.
When it's all you've got, call it love.

If I didn't have money, would you want me still?
When you look real close, do we fit the bill?
Call it what you want, but only time will tell.

Instrumental break.

Do we tell the truth, or do we live a lie?
Is the feeling good? Is that what makes you cry?
When you say those words, look me in the eye:
Tell me why you call it love.

We've got all night, let's take our time.
Tell me your secrets, I'll tell you mine.

Call it love.
Call it love.
Call it love.
When it's all you've got, call it love.

Instrumental fade out.

Let Me Love You Tonight-Pure Prairie League

Dark clouds are blowing in the wind
He's crossing your mind again
You got that sad sad feeling
From a broken heart
Feeling so close to the edge

Let me love you tonight
There's a million stars in the sky
Let me love you tonight
I'll make everything all right

When you find out how good love can be
You're so lost when it's such a free
They say once in your life
You find someone who's right
Someone who loves you like me

Let me love you tonight
Let me love you tonight

When the moon has forgotten
What the night is about
And the stars can't work and phases out
Hold me tighter than tight
When the daylight comes
It'll be all right

Let me love you tonight
Let me love you tonight

Let me love you tonight
Let me love you tonight
Let me love you tonight
Let me love you tonight
Let me love you tonight

Subject: Re: I saw Poco, Firefall and Pure Prairie League last night!!

Written By: whistledog on 11/26/05 at 4:58 pm

I remember both those songs  :)

Call it Love is a favourite of mine.  It was in their comeback period of 1989 when original member and ex-Eagle Randy Meisner re-joined  8)

Written By: ValleyGirl on 11/26/05 at 5:03 pm

Yepper....they said that too at the concert, and Timothy B. Schmidt was also in their band, before heading off to the Eagles, they said about the guy they have now ...has been there 20 years, but they keep wondering when he is headed off to the Eagles.

Written By: whistledog on 11/26/05 at 5:07 pm

Yepper....they said that too at the concert, and Timothy B. Schmidt was also in their band, before heading off to the Eagles, they said about the guy they have now ...has been there 20 years, but they keep wondering when he is headed off to the Eagles.

Schmidt was the replacement for Meisner in both Poco and the Eagles.  Always thought that was an intersting bit of trivia :)

It might only be a matter of time when the guy they have now becomes an Eagle.  LOL

Written By: vinyl lover on 11/27/05 at 3:33 am

i dig firefall..what did they open with and how did they sound??

Written By: Marty McFly on 11/28/05 at 7:26 pm

It was an awesome concert, I bought a Poco T-shirt, and I realized they sang more songs that I knew that I loved, but didn't realize they sang.....does anyone knoe these 2 songs?? I love the Lyrics.

I remember reading that you were going to that concert but forgot till I saw this thread again - sounds like a great show. Hope ya had fun. :)

To be honest, I don't know "Call it Love" off the top of my head.

The only Poco song I'm really familiar with is "I'll Leave it Up to You" from the Fast Times soundtrack (though nothing beats "Somebody's Baby" from that album!) - it's not really their normal style. It sounds like they tried to do 80's synthpop, but it actually works well.

I also know only a single song from the other two, LOL. Pure Prairie League has a middle paced one called "Let Me Love You Tonight" - sort of a Toto/Christopher Cross-styled late 70s/early 80s feel to it. I'm into that one.

Firefall does "You're the Only Woman" which is yet another love song I grew up on (it came out in the 70's but was still new enough when I was a kid, to be in semi frequent rotation on "Hits" stations).

Written By: whistledog on 11/28/05 at 7:35 pm

I remember reading that you were going to that concert but forgot till I saw this thread again - sounds like a great show. Hope ya had fun. :)

To be honest, I don't know "Call it Love" off the top of my head.

Call it Love is one of those songs where if you don't know it by title, it's one that you will definately recognize if you hear it.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 11/28/05 at 8:12 pm

Wow, that sounds like a great concert.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE Firefall.  I listen to their greatest hits cd quite a bit.

Written By: ValleyGirl on 11/28/05 at 9:32 pm

Marty-I didn't know Poco had a song off the Fast Times soundtrack. I have been wanting to watch Fast Times here soon, cause it is kind of a Xmas movie to me...the Perry's Pizza and the Mall being all decorated for Xmas.

The song that Firefall opened with wasn't one I remember the name of but I have heard it on the greatest hits CD.

They all had alot of die hard fans that was for sure.

I went with a girlfriend of mine, and we were saying how the best looking guy in the whole entire place was the guitar player from Pure Prairie League...and we left the concert about 5 minutes before everyone else did, because we were starving, cause we hadn't eaten anything since 2pm , and it was close to midnight, we never got out of our seats either the whole time. So from 6:30-Midnight we sat there like a couple of dummies, cause we never expected the concert to be that long.

But, we went to this food place to get some french fries, and my friend said...OMG look who is standing over there by the fireplace, and it was that guy from Pure Prairie League...and she said do you wanna go shake his hand....but I was too chicken....he was looking over at us too...and I thought about it, but I am married, and I didn't want to look like a "groupie", so I couldn't do it.

Written By: Marty McFly on 11/29/05 at 6:55 am

Marty-I didn't know Poco had a song off the Fast Times soundtrack. I have been wanting to watch Fast Times here soon, cause it is kind of a Xmas movie to me...the Perry's Pizza and the Mall being all decorated for Xmas.

Yeah, I haven't watched the movie in ages, so I couldn't tell ya where it plays. But on the soundtrack, I think it's one or two songs after Jimmy Buffet's "I Don't Know" and towards the end.

Do those places near you really go all out with decorations at Christmastime? I like that stuff. :)

I went with a girlfriend of mine, and we were saying how the best looking guy in the whole entire place was the guitar player from Pure Prairie League...and we left the concert about 5 minutes before everyone else did, because we were starving, cause we hadn't eaten anything since 2pm , and it was close to midnight, we never got out of our seats either the whole time. So from 6:30-Midnight we sat there like a couple of dummies, cause we never expected the concert to be that long.

Yep, been there too, LOL. Especially at a good movie for instance, and not wanting to get up for a snack, or for the bathroom 'cause you don't wanna miss anything! ;D

But, we went to this food place to get some french fries, and my friend said...OMG look who is standing over there by the fireplace, and it was that guy from Pure Prairie League...and she said do you wanna go shake his hand....but I was too chicken....he was looking over at us too...and I thought about it, but I am married, and I didn't want to look like a "groupie", so I couldn't do it.

Written By: Carl on 11/29/05 at 9:15 am

I admit, I liked those two songs by Pure Prarie League 'Aimee' and 'Let me love you tonight'

Written By: vinyl lover on 12/01/05 at 9:12 pm

your a pretty girl,im sure your husband would have understood if you got an auto graph...your not going to ask him out or nothing,your just a fan..this story would have been the  best if you meet them..dont you think..??? ;) ;) :)

Written By: AFTERSHOCK on 12/01/05 at 9:14 pm

Firefall?

Wow.

I forgot about those guys... I can't even remember what they sound like.

Written By: ValleyGirl on 12/01/05 at 11:39 pm

I do kind of regret not saying hi, but I was there with my other girlfriend, and we went away without our husband's, and I didn't want anyone getting the idea that I was a groupie or anything like that.  But, it might have been different had I had my camera on me.
;) :o :)

Firefall is great.  They sing: You are the Woman, Just Remember I Love You and Strange Way.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/02/05 at 12:08 am

I admit, I liked those two songs by Pure Prarie League 'Aimee' and 'Let me love you tonight'

Oh I had forgotten about Aimee, I love that song too.  Didn't country music star Vince Gill sing with them for awhile?

Written By: whistledog on 12/02/05 at 12:13 am

I really like Firefall's 1981 hit Staying With It  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...