inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: S.W.A.T. tv show

Written By: EveHarrington79 on 11/27/05 at 8:16 pm

Hey everyone,

Does anyone remember the tv show S.W.A.T. starring the incredibly hot Steve Forrest?? I never watched it during it's original run (I wasn't born yet!) but I've seen reruns and was wondering what everyone thought about it. I understand that it did very well in the ratings but was cancelled due to an outcry over being too violent. That's such a shame, b/c Mr. Forrest never looked better ;)

Eve

Subject: Re: S.W.A.T. tv show

Written By: Davester on 11/27/05 at 8:45 pm

Ate it up..!  Never missed an episode, in the day...I must've been 6-7 y/o...

Have season one on DVD but are there plans to release the other season?  I've heard nothing of it...

By the way, Steve Forrest, even now, would still rip us all new ones...cuz that's just the kinda guy he is... :D

Written By: EveHarrington79 on 11/27/05 at 8:54 pm

Written By: Tia on 11/27/05 at 8:57 pm

steve was a harsh man, with a lot of stopping power, but a force for good.

i watched swat all the time, and my folks hated it because they were real peacenik flower kids. they had lots of goofy swat toys and guns and carpola, and i could never get any of it because the 'rental units wouldn't let me have toy guns.

didn't they used to play swat alongside emergency!? what was the show they always showed with emergency?

by the way, the movie adaptation of "s.w.a.t." was bad. and not even fun good bad either, just. bad.

Written By: Davester on 11/27/05 at 9:06 pm

steve was a harsh man, with a lot of stopping power, but a force for good.

You betcha...

i watched swat all the time, and my folks hated it because they were real peacenik flower kids. they had lots of goofy swat toys and guns and carpola, and i could never get any of it because the 'rental units wouldn't let me have toy guns.

Oh yes...the S.W.A.T. plastic M16, bullhorn, board game, ViewMaster reels...

didn't they used to play swat alongside emergency!? what was the show they always showed with emergency?

Watched this one regularly, as well.  I don't remember this one's time slot...

by the way, the movie adaptation of "s.w.a.t." was bad. and not even fun good bad either, just. bad.

I concur...

Written By: Tia on 11/27/05 at 9:11 pm

Written By: Davester on 11/27/05 at 9:20 pm

i'm sick with jealousy. i think i had one illicit toy M16 somewhere that i hid from my parents. s.w.a.t. viewmaster reels would have been the beezneez!

now i'ma go nuts trying to remember the show they showed alongside emergency!. i don't think it was s.w.a.t., but it mighta been.

rrrgggghhh.

Written By: Tia on 11/27/05 at 9:23 pm

Written By: Davester on 11/27/05 at 9:28 pm

you're taunting me! all i got that year was nonviolent bugs bunny comic books! *sob* i wanted to blow away terrorists! and wear my bloodsoaked ball cap backward!

Tia, were your parents Steven & Elyse Keaton, by any chance..?  :P

Written By: whistledog on 11/27/05 at 9:35 pm

I remember this show from the re-runs in the 80's.  Shame it only ran for 2 seasons.  Robert Urich (R.I.P.) was great on the show :)

Written By: Tia on 11/27/05 at 9:37 pm

Written By: EveHarrington79 on 11/27/05 at 9:41 pm

I love reading all about how you guys wanted to be 'SWATies' lol!! The best thing about it bar none was Mr. Forrest!! He was soooooooo HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Written By: whistledog on 11/27/05 at 9:46 pm

Ever see the film 'S.W.A.T.' starring Colin Farrell?  It was just so fantastic! even a few of the original S.W.A.T. stars made cameos  8)

Written By: Tia on 11/27/05 at 9:49 pm

^

ope! we have a difference of opinion!

first time THAT ever happened to me. ;)

Written By: EveHarrington79 on 11/27/05 at 9:54 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/28/05 at 12:10 pm

Yup-watched it all the time.  That was the show about a bunch a guys who tried to catch a fly.  ;) :D ;D  Actually, I remember the theme song was on the top 40 list back in 197_ (?)

Cat

Written By: whistledog on 11/28/05 at 12:20 pm

Yup-watched it all the time.

Written By: ralfy on 09/27/16 at 8:38 am

"'S.W.A.T.' Gets A TV Series Remake"

http://www.darkhorizons.com/s-w-a-t-gets-a-tv-series-remake/

Check for new replies or respond here...