inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Poppy Family: Terry and Susan Jacks

Written By: whistledog on 12/17/05 at 2:48 am

Anyone else like The Poppy Family?

Canadian born Terry and Susan Jacks were the husband and wife team behind the popular group The Poppy Family.

Subject: Re: The Poppy Family: Terry and Susan Jacks

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/17/05 at 10:18 am

I didn't realize that Terry Jacks was from the Poppy Family. I do remember "Which Way You Goin' Billy".  As for "Seasons in the Sun", I used to like that song until my sister got the 45 and played it over and over and over and over and over and over again.  ::)  Now, I have a hard time listening to it.

Cat

Written By: Paul on 12/19/05 at 7:06 am

'Which Way You Goin' Billy?' was the only one of theirs that made any sort of popular inroads here in Britain...very good song too...

'Seasons In The Sun' was, of course, a major worldwide hit and rightly so, but Terry's British follow-up 'If You Go Away' was a dire rendition of an already dire song...

He did go away after that, never to be seen in a British chart again...

Sadly, Susan never had any solo success at all over here...

Written By: alyceclover on 12/20/05 at 3:49 pm

THANK YOU! Didn't know that. Remember the Poppy Family, and "Season's In The Sun" is to be my, what do you call it, eulogy song.

Written By: Sammy Reed on 12/21/05 at 3:58 pm

"Season's In The Sun" is to be my, what do you call it, eulogy song.

Actually, as originally recorded by The Kingston Trio in 1964, it was a caught-my-wife-with-my-best-friend song, and was supposed to be comical!?!
Terry changed the last verse and made the song serious, and more lighthearted as well - Try pulling that one off.

Check for new replies or respond here...