inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Fleetwood Mac

Written By: Banks on 12/17/05 at 6:00 am

I personally think Id have to say Rumours is my favorite, and now with the Delux Edition and the addition of Stevie Nicks' 'Silver Springs' I think this album would have to be my favorite album from the 1970's. Although, with Fleetwood Mac (known as the White Album) with 'Rhiannon', 'Monday Morning', 'Say You Love Me', 'Landslide', and 'Over My Head' is such a close 2nd they are almost even.

Rumours and Fleetwood Mac (the White album) were played a lot in my house back in the 70's. I also remember the songs Sara and Tusk from Tusk were also played, but I have to admit that I dont know that album very well.

I still play Fleetwood Mac (the White album) and Rumours these days.

While I do like the Mac's 1970's albums with the adition of Buckingham and Nicks and believe that these are the best, I also have a tender spot for Heroes Are Hard To Find and some earlier material (from the very early 70's and late 60's).

So, what Fleetwood Mac albums do you consider classics? Which ones did you play the most back in the day? And which albums do you still play today?

AN

Subject: Re: Fleetwood Mac

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/17/05 at 10:20 am

In terms of over-all albums, probably Rumours but in terms of songs-Tusk. GREAT SONG!!!

Cat

Written By: whistledog on 12/17/05 at 12:19 pm

I voted other:  Their 70's stuff was great, but overall, I thought their 1987 album 'Tango in the Night' was a masterpiece.  Seven Wonders, Big Love, Everywhere, Little Lies ... Just such awesome stuff :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/17/05 at 2:45 pm

I'm gonna go with The Dance I saw them in the early 70's, an outdoor concert at a ballpark in Stockton, Ca. and then not again until 1999 and that was one of the best shows I've been to.

Written By: gord on 12/17/05 at 5:05 pm

In terms of over-all albums, probably Rumours but in terms of songs-Tusk. GREAT SONG!!!

Cat

I agree, I think Rumours is their best, I find I'm not playing it often anymore though. I did just throw out a Rumours cassette a few months ago that had been rattling around in my truck for years, age had gotten to it :)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 12/17/05 at 10:53 pm

Definitely Rumours!  :)

Written By: Carl on 12/19/05 at 3:40 pm

Mirage was great!

Subject: Fleetwood Mac

Written By: Dude111 on 12/20/17 at 9:33 pm

Rumours is def thier best!! (Thier next album was digitally mixed and to me doesnt sound nearly as good)

Check for new replies or respond here...