inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Original Genesis, Peter Gabriel, and a band called "Musical Box"

Written By: zotsfreak on 12/17/05 at 7:57 am

Anyone who is of my conviction that early years of Genesis with Peter Gabriel makes everything with Phil and Chester look pale should make all effort to see a band called Musical Box. I

Subject: Re: Original Genesis, Peter Gabriel, and a band called "Musical Box"

Written By: gord on 12/17/05 at 4:58 pm

I've heard of them but didn't know they were from montreal, cool to know.  The Gabriel yrs were the defining Genesis years, Phil had some big shoes to fill and I like the early stuff with him alot, I like 'A Trick Of The Tail' and 'Duke' alot :)

Written By: Banks on 12/18/05 at 6:19 pm

Speaking of Genisis and Phil Collins (at least I think Collins sings it)....What is the name of the song with the lyrics, "Coming down from Salsburry hill, I could see the city lights" ? Im not sure if thats how the lyrics actually go, but thats how I used to sing the song when I was younger. Also, could someone please tell me what year it was released, what album it was originally from, and if its on any greatest hits compilations or other compilation CDs?

If anyone can help Id appreciate it.

Thanks

Written By: whistledog on 12/18/05 at 6:23 pm

Speaking of Genisis and Phil Collins (at least I think Collins sings it)....What is the name of the song with the lyrics, "Coming down from Salsburry hill, I could see the city lights" ? Im not sure if thats how the lyrics actually go, but thats how I used to sing the song when I was younger. Also, could someone please tell me what year it was released, what album it was originally from, and if its on any greatest hits compilations or other compilation CDs?

If anyone can help Id appreciate it.

Thanks

The name of that song is Solsbury Hill.

Written By: Banks on 12/18/05 at 6:27 pm

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

Every time I go into a shop and ask for this song they look at me like Im crazy. Now Ill be able to tell them the name of the song, the name of the original album, when it was released, who sang it, and what Greatest Hits album it is on.

Your a Legend!!!

Thanks again

AN

Check for new replies or respond here...