inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: All In The Family-favorite episode

Written By: Carl on 12/20/05 at 10:49 am

If you were a big fan of this as I was, what were some of your most favorite shows?

I liked the one where Edith went through menopause..classic!

Also, the one where the refrigerator broke down and the all argued over dinner about the repairman's helper having a 'knife'

Where Michael and the rest (sans Archie) play 'Group Therapy'

Archie gets arrested at a protest march. My mom's favorite too.

Subject: Re: All In The Family-favorite episode

Written By: zotsfreak on 12/20/05 at 10:55 am

If you were a big fan of this as I was, what were some of your most favorite shows?

I liked the one where Edith went through menopause..classic!

Also, the one where the refrigerator broke down and the all argued over dinner about the repairman's helper having a 'knife'

Where Michael and the rest (sans Archie) play 'Group Therapy'

Archie gets arrested at a protest march. My mom's favorite too.

The broken fridge one is one of the best., and the first one that came to mind.  With Ron Glass (Who later went on to Barney Miller fame) as the assistant, his depiction by Arch and by Mike was hilarious!! Mikes description of Arch as a screaming, bigoted, madman was pretty good. The shows with cousin Maude in town were good too.

Written By: whistledog on 12/20/05 at 11:00 am

I always liked the one where Sammy Davis Jr. pays the Bunkers a visit

A sad episode was the one where Archie and Stephanie try to face life after Edith's death :\'(

Written By: Carl on 12/20/05 at 11:27 am

I always liked the one where Sammy Davis Jr. pays the Bunkers a visit

A sad episode was the one where Archie and Stephanie try to face life after Edith's death

The ending of the Sammy Davis Jr. one probably got the most laughs of any episode.

Yes, the one where Edith passed away was very sad. After the departure of Rob Reiner and Sally Struthers, I really did not find the show as good as it used to be, from then on it went through many changes, some shows were funny, just not the same flavor.

Written By: whistledog on 12/20/05 at 11:53 am

The ending of the Sammy Davis Jr. one probably got the most laughs of any episode.

Yes, the one where Edith passed away was very sad. After the departure of Rob Reiner and Sally Struthers, I really did not find the show as good as it used to be, from then on it went through many changes, some shows were funny, just not the same flavor.

I'd love to see those later episodes again.  When they syndicate All in the Family, they never usually show them, simply because the show was re-titled "Archie Bunker's Place", it's considered to be a spin-off, but it was still the same show

Written By: Carl on 12/20/05 at 12:32 pm

TV Land did air 'Archie Bunker's Place', I guess it depends when you watch it.

Written By: snozberries on 01/07/06 at 11:25 am

Edith's 50th Birthday... the one with the would-be rapist I love the audience reaction to that episode

Written By: GREEN67 on 01/09/06 at 1:46 am

8)  I watched this show every week with my parents, remember guys the Jeffersons was a spinoff???..., The sarcastic nature of the show was so very funny, but when Edith died it was so touching and you saw the soft side of the show, I was very young but it got ALL over me and I cried!...Kinda like the eppie of " Good Times" when they got the telegram saying James had died...I LOST IT!!!

Written By: bbigd04 on 01/09/06 at 2:44 am

The one episode when Archie's niece was staying with them and takes that picture with Lionel is pretty funny. Archie's reaction when he saw that photo is hilarious, lol.

Written By: Dukefan on 01/09/06 at 3:12 am

I LOVE all of the early episodes.  When the cast started leaving the show lost its touch.

The one where Edith nearly gets raped was very powerful.

I don't like Archie Bunker's Place episodes, due to Edith's death and the setting changing.

Written By: Carl on 01/09/06 at 7:40 am

I LOVE all of the early episodes.  When the cast started leaving the show lost its touch.

The one where Edith nearly gets raped was very powerful.

I don't like Archie Bunker's Place episodes, due to Edith's death and the setting changing.

The rape episode was VERY good, probably the most serious one they did. I didn't care for Archie Bunker's Place, with maybe the exception of a few episodes.

You know, something a bit sad here, when that show starting failing miserably once the early 80s dawned, they did a commercial where Carroll O'Connor was advertising a new issue of TV Guide magazine outside some store. I can't recall it verbatim, but he was talking about the show and it's ending and all, and as he goes back in the store the announcer says 'Goodbye Archie'. The whole series went out with a wimper instead of a bang.

Written By: KKay on 01/09/06 at 8:57 am

All time favorite;-----
"I'm locked in the cellar!!"
and archie thinks the black delivery guy is god.."Jefferson was right!!!"
and he gets drunk and begins to record a will..
"hello, god, A.Bunker here"
I can't even type I"m cracking up...
Looooove it!

Written By: zotsfreak on 01/09/06 at 2:29 pm

All time favorite;-----
"I'm locked in the cellar!!"

Just remembered another great one!! Archie trapped in the elevator with the highly intelligent black guy, the Puerto Rican guy with the pregnant wife, and the crazy lady!!

Written By: KKay on 01/09/06 at 2:41 pm

Just remembered another great one!! Archie trapped in the elevator with the highly intelligent black guy, the Puerto Rican guy with the pregnant wife, and the crazy lady!!

oh man...he's at his best when face to face with the folks he's afraid of..
I"m still laughing.

Written By: Carl on 01/09/06 at 2:41 pm

Yes,that was a great one too!

Written By: snozberries on 01/20/06 at 1:28 pm

I just saw the one titled "Stephanie's Conversion" it's the one where Stephanie is afraid to tell Edith and especially Archie that she is Jewish.  What an amazing episode. Especially when Archie buys Steph a star of David necklace...I cried  :\'( (just a little tho...)

Check for new replies or respond here...