inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anyone remember or wear Earth Shoes or Scholl Exercise Sandals?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 01/01/06 at 8:06 pm

I had a pair of Earth Shoes,they were very comfortable.
Scholl Exercise Sandals were slip-on and had a little bump that helped them stay on.....

Subject: Re: Anyone remember or wear Earth Shoes or Scholl Exercise Sandals?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/02/06 at 12:59 pm

I had a pair of Earth Shoes. I know they were the "in" thing but they were UGLY!!!  Never did have a pair of the Dr. Scholl's but my sister did. I tried to wear them but her feet were WAY bigger than mine at the time so they never did fit right.

Cat

Written By: gemini on 01/02/06 at 3:58 pm

Yep, I had both. Those earth shoes were so ugly.  :P  You can still get the Dr. Scholls sandals. I've seen them around.

Written By: lorac614 on 01/03/06 at 2:25 pm

I owned a pair Dr. Scholls, probably more than one.  I also had the "knock-off" version that genuine wood grain plastic sole. 

Never had Earth shoes, but I did have some type of shoes that has a rubber sole with the word "Gas" written on the bottom.

Written By: KKay on 01/03/06 at 2:31 pm

I loved my earth shoes...a friend i know has a pair that look just the same; a new knock-off brand.
who'd ever think they'd make a come back?

Written By: danootaandme on 01/04/06 at 6:32 am

My sister still wears them, great for the back, and I think I may order a pair.

www.planetshoes.com/Shop/Control/fp/scat/26362/SFV/29538/order/asc/order_by/title

Written By: kairi747 on 01/04/06 at 11:45 am

earth shoes, although ugly, were soooo comfortable.  on the other hand, i wonder, just what was dr scholl thinking when he invented those sandals - ouch!  :P

Written By: Marian on 01/05/06 at 2:28 pm

I had schooll sandals.

Written By: lldn324 on 01/05/06 at 3:01 pm

Ouch - I had several pairs of the Dr. Scholl's sandals and I can only remember how incredibly painful I found them!  That bump right under my toes really made my feet hurt.  I'm extremely flat-footed, so maybe that's why.  I do remember wearing them anyway...you know, because they were cool!  :D

Written By: Marian on 01/06/06 at 3:50 pm

Ouch - I had several pairs of the Dr. Scholl's sandals and I can only remember how incredibly painful I found them!  That bump right under my toes really made my feet hurt.  I'm extremely flat-footed, so maybe that's why.  I do remember wearing them anyway...you know, because they were cool!  :D
I'm just the opposite--I have a very high arch.So they were fine for me.

Written By: SweetAlice on 01/13/06 at 8:41 am

Chanel recently knocked off Dr. Scholls.

Written By: spaceace on 01/24/06 at 2:32 pm

I had a white pair of Scholl's.  I loved them.  They have newer versions out now. I saw a really cute pair with flowers. :)

Written By: prplhaz73 on 01/26/06 at 6:25 pm

I still own a pair of earth shoes, don't think they fit since I took an 8 back in the day now i wear 9's,
and yes I just saw they are makeing them again, and they are pretty expencive, some of the sites I saw them at were selling them on sale for 69 dollars, some styles were over 100, I owned quite a few pairs back in the 70's, they have alot of styles now but the high leather boot is not available that was my favorite one.

Check for new replies or respond here...